Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 10:46 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,251,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Oh, you just tell them who you are. Well, that's nice. And then you can go over to the next polling place and tell them you are someone else and vote again. How convenient. No id needed. Or maybe next time you go there, they'll tell you that your name it already crossed over, because some illegal alien told them he was you and voted for you. LOL
Wow - sound like Florida needs to get its act together. Here in Az, my name is on a registered voter list at ONE POLLING PLACE ONLY. I can't go from one polling place to another as you seem to be able to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
It would make it more difficult for the gang-bangers to find ammo, and without ammo, they would find it difficult to spray neighborhood houses with their UZI's.
It will have ABSOLUTELY NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER.

Guaranteed!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:56 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Wow - sound like Florida needs to get its act together. Here in Az, my name is on a registered voter list at ONE POLLING PLACE ONLY. I can't go from one polling place to another as you seem to be able to.
Sure you can. All you need to do is tell them you are someone else. Since you don't need any form of id, you just go from polling station to another and tell them you are someone else.

Here is FL, they have your name at one place, and when you walk in, you show them your id so they know you are who you claim to be. I am surprised they just take your word for it in AZ. I'll bet there are people who cast dozens of votes in Arizona.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It will have ABSOLUTELY NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER.

Guaranteed!
Sorry, but I don't think that is someting you can guarantee.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:08 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,486,435 times
Quote:
It would make it more difficult for the gang-bangers to find ammo, and without ammo, they would find it difficult to spray neighborhood houses with their UZI's.
If illegal grenades and full auto firearms are available on the black market I doubt ammo for common guns will be a problem.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,388,345 times
Unbelievable, California is a lost cause.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
If illegal grenades and full auto firearms are available on the black market I doubt ammo for common guns will be a problem.
Gang-bangers carry mostly weapons which are available in regular stores. I haven't heard of too many machine guns being used. For example a M249 would be a dream come true for any gang banger, but since they can't walk in to Walmart and buy one, you just don't see them on the streets. I have never heard of, or seen on TV, or read in papers any gang-banger using M249s. To be honest, I haven't heard of too many hand grenades being used either, but I can guarantee it that if you could buy hand-grenades in WalMart, you'd see them being used on daily bases. Some things are just common sense, and WalMart not selling hand grenades is just that: common sense.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,486,435 times
Quote:
Gang-bangers carry mostly weapons which are available in regular stores. I haven't heard of too many machine guns being used. For example a M249 would be a dream come true for any gang banger, but since they can't walk in to Walmart and buy one, you just don't see them on the streets. I have never heard of, or seen on TV, or read in papers any gang-banger using M249s. To be honest, I haven't heard of too many hand grenades being used either, but I can guarantee it that if you could buy hand-grenades in WalMart, you'd see them being used on daily bases. Some things are just common sense, and WalMart not selling hand grenades is just that: common sense.
You must not have heard much about the violence spilling over the border with Mexico, the drug cartels from Mexico which work in the SW who smuggle in not just drugs...

And most criminals use guns obtained through illegal means, not legal means.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:34 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

(Full text of this article can be read at the above URL)

"Although I have previously vetoed legislation similar to this measure, local governments have demonstrated that requiring ammunition vendors to keep records on ammunition sales improves public safety. These records have allowed law enforcement to arrest and prosecute persons who have no business possessing firearms and ammunition: gang members, violent parolees, second and third strikers, and even people previously serving time in state prison for murder. " Republican Govoner Arnold S.

I wrote about this in another thread. This is the prime example of how the state will attempt to limit the common man's right. I kept tellling individuals, that when you allow the state to unfair/unjustly create laws, under the guise of increases in "safety" this is exactly what you get.

They get you to go along with something that is not even statistically accurate and because the law says it only seeks to go after "certain" citizens you accept it and they push it through. It is your fault, because you allowed it to happen. Until each and every citizen realizes, that extending their own freedom by attempting to limit another citizens only results in a reduction in their own freedom, we will continue to see the state able to excercise this sort of power.

Advantage State 1 Common Citizen 0

There is no statistical evidence that suggest violent crime is on the rise, that violent crime with weapons is on the rise, but they say buzz words like "gang, homicide, and violent parolees and people fall for the head fake each time. It is quite comical to watch.

Violent Crime makes up only 23% of all crimes committed in the United States

Crimes involving firearms make up less than 1% of the least committed crime in this country, which is homicide. Not to mention violent crime and overall crime has been decreasing at a rapid rate since 1960. They use your ignorance against you and you fall for it each and everytime. You become the biggest supporters and proponents for limiting your own freedom. Shame on the citizens of California (for actually believing they have a violent crime problem, that could only be solved if they gave up a few of their individual rights hahaha)

The other facts they leave out you have a better chance of dying in an Airplane crash then you do of being shot by a gang member or being the victim of an armed robbery. This is why the media is obviously in bed with the politicians and the state in limiting the natural rights and freewill of individual citizens. I'll say it again you have only yourselves and your ignornace to blame for the future police state!

California Citizens just got OWNED by the STATE (and it is all your fault)

I suggest many of you go to the DOJ and start to review thier "violent crime" statistics, so you can see how bad you just owned!

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cvictgen.htm (broken link)

Since 1994, violent crime rates have declined, reaching the lowest level ever recorded in 2005.

In 2007, U.S. residents age 12 or older experienced approximately 23 million crimes, according to findings from the National Crime Victimization Survey. -- 76% (17.5 million) were property crimes
-- 23% (5.2 million) were crimes of violence
-- 1% (194,100) were personal thefts

In 2007, for every 1,000 persons age 12 or older, there occurred
--1 rape or sexual assault --1 assault with injury --2 robberies.
Murders were the least frequent violent victimization -- about 6 murder victims per 100,000 persons in 2007.

Weapon use
In 2005, 24% of the incidents of violent crime, a weapon was present.

Offenders had or used a weapon in 48% of all robberies, compared with 22% of all aggravated assaults and 7% of all rapes/sexual assaults in 2005.

Homicides are most often committed with guns, especially handguns. In 2005, 55% of homicides were committed with handguns, 16% with other guns, 14% with knives, 5% with blunt objects, and 11% with other weapons.

For those of you who do not understand what the DOJ is statistically saying here it is in plain english.

For the least committed crime in the country (homicide) guns were used 55% of the time. Homicide falls under the violent crime category, which has been decreasing since 1994 and is now at the lowest levels in the country's history. Violent crime is the least committed of the two major crime categories (23% vs 78% property crime). Yet, the state told you stupid buzz words about gangs, inner city violence, and handguns, so they could scare you into backing them into pushing a law, that only acts to limit your freedom. NOW DO YOU SEE WHAT I"M TRYING TO SAY!!! GET IT!

START TO THINK FOR YOURSELVES!

18,360 murders out of a total of 23,000,000 million crimes committed
9,500 murders involved the use of a fire arm out of a total of 23,000,000 million total crimes committed

Try dividing 18,360 into 23,000,0000 million total crimes committed (less then 0.0000001% of all total crimes)

Try dividing 9,500 into 23,000,0000 million total crimes committed (less then 0.0000001% of all total crimes)

Now

Try dividing 18,360 into 5,200,000 million violent crimes committed (less then 0.003% of all violent crimes)

Try dividing 9,500 into 5,200,000 million violent crimes committed (less then 0.00015% of all violent crimes)

Yea homicide is less then 0.0000001% of all the crimes committed, but Californias gave up their right for more safety? How the hell did what the Governator pass make Californian's more safe?????

Mathmatically I challenge anyone to answer this question as it relates to total crimes or even violent crimes!

Last edited by dorock99; 10-13-2009 at 01:10 PM..

Old 10-13-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:

I'd suggest you study up on the "drug war" on the US / Mexico border. And particularly MS13 - a gang - that actually has military type weapons - that they ARE using in the United States - including in my state.

You are VERY SERIOUSLY under informed on the realities of real world. Gangs are getting weapons, including the infamous "Cop Killer" bullets which are NOT LEGAL for sale in the US - yet, they have them.

BTW, WalMart is not selling guns here in the West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies