Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 04:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I've read a lot of your posts Finn, so this one doesn't surprise me. This is the typical response of many on the left side of the spectrum. The old "Well, if you have nothing to hide, why worry" defense.
Actually, that is the old and typical right wing argument to justify the Patriot Act. Where have you been?

"I don't care if they listen to my phone, I got nothing to hide". I have been hearing that for years now to a point where it nauseates me.

Now, which is worse: The government listening to your phone, or you having to show id when you buy ammo? I'd say that them listening to people's phone conersations is a heck of a lot worse.

Yes, I believe this would indeed make it harder for criminals to find ammo.

And no, I do not believe this is a great Californian conspiracy to spy on people because they want to know where and when they shop. You know how I know this? Because if they wanted that info, they already have access to it. Sorry, but that is just the facts. Every time you use your credit, or debit card, or write a check you are basically showing your id and leaving a trace. And every time you log on to the net, they can find out about it. And the right wingers were OK with them listening on their phone calls, so why are they all of a sudden worried about something like this? Are you kidding me?

So, if you are worried about these things, then I think you have A LOT to worry about even without this great Californian conspiracy. A LOT.

I think you need to come up with a better argument to prove this law is a bad idea.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-13-2009 at 04:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
But not Illinois...
No, and not in California either.

But taking your gun with you while travelling is pretty much impossible anyway, due to stricter airline safety rules.

People from Vermont, and Arizona who can carry in their own states without licence, can't carry anywhere else unless they get a permit. So, if this is the measure of freedom, as it seems to be for many posters here, then I am freer than they are.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:17 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And I can carry one conceled in most states in US, including Arizona.
And if you are relying on your Florida CCW permit to protect you, you are wrong.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
No, because when they need more ammo, they can just walk into WalMart and buy some more.
WalMart in my region does not sell the type of Ammo you suggest

Old 10-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And if you are relying on your Florida CCW permit to protect you, you are wrong.
Protect me from what?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
But taking your gun with you while travelling is pretty much impossible anyway, due to stricter airline safety rules.
I carry my firearm with me all the time on the airline. And, I'm on a commercial flight, 2 to 4 times a week.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:22 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,973 times
Lets look at Oakland, Ca as an example. Oakland has no gun shops, sales of guns and ammo are forbidden in Oakland, it is the rare Wal Mart without ammo. How is it those folks are still managing a murder every 3 days?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
People from Vermont, and Arizona who can carry in their own states without licence, can't carry anywhere else unless they get a permit.
Your statement is incorrect.

Most states allow for Open Carry without any permit whatsoever.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Protect me from what?
Prosecution from carrying a concealed weapon without a proper CCW permit

Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
WalMart in my region does not sell the type of Ammo you suggest
Someone mentioned that yesterday, but WalMart here sells all kinds of ammo, and some of them sell guns too. That's where my Remington 870 Magnum came from. And they have the best ammo prices too. Sometimes they are out of ammo, especially earlier in the year when everyone was stocking up for the revolution. LOL. They used to sell handguns too, but not anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies