Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2007, 06:28 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
and they are not debatable parts in the Bible, they are clear in my home and in the Bible--sin is clear in teh bible no problems understanding them
The Bible has many interpretations, and yours isn't necessarily the only correct one... and there's no debating on that point.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:28 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,909,633 times
britt if you go back to page 7 i was addressing what scranton was saying at the bottom of page, i dont know what gizmo is referring to but I asked her before if she doesnt like to be respectful to others opinions(mine) then people do not address me.

gizmo, please do not address me if you cannot be respectful, i didnt attack you and ask you do not attack me or my opinions, you have your own so just state them. I am not here to change you and you certainly cant change me

so i ask you again to not address me

Old 05-11-2007, 06:30 PM

the bible has one interpretation and that is Jesus', so there is no other interpretation for me so all others do not matter--as we are not called to interpret it to fit our fancy, but to believe in his word.

so if you interpret it that is good for you but it wont be what I would follow only Gods

Old 05-11-2007, 06:32 PM

I impose my beliefs as a voting citizen like everyone else, other than that I impose my beliefs only on those in my home and the rules that govern there

Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
britt if you go back to page 7 i was addressing what scranton was saying at the bottom of page, i dont know what gizmo is referring to but I asked her before if she doesnt like to be respectful to others opinions(mine) then people do not address me.

gizmo, please do not address me if you cannot be respectful, i didnt attack you and ask you do not attack me or my opinions, you have your own so just state them. I am not here to change you and you certainly cant change me

so i ask you again to not address me
Once again, what are you talking about?? I never disrespected you or your beliefs, if you care to read my actual words. You're turning this into a personal argument, as you always do, and I'm getting sick of it. I've only debated the issue, whether or not you're understanding my posts. To get it back on topic, I'll once again summarize what I've been saying - YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FEEL AND BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE, BUT I DON'T THINK OPINIONS ARE WORTHY OF DICTATING LAW. Make sense??

Old 05-11-2007, 07:21 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,219 times
but I cannot judge and I cannot hold you accountable to God's law as you are not a believer.

I think their is a very strict warning in the bible bout judging those outside of christ or those who are not "his"...its actually pretty awful what will happen to you if you judge nonbelievers, however if its a fellow christian, then that is an entirely different story here..then you are suppose to approach in kindness and love, so many times then if they do not shape up, then your suppose to disown them, so in their shame they will come back to the fold, to me, that is harsh one reason why I left the church and question so many things anymore.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:22 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
If they will give gays the same 1,100 Federal special rights and benefits accorded to straight married couples, I don't care what they call it..

Old 05-11-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
What? where do you get all this nonsense that you post everywhere?
Did you not see this near some of the 'men lay with men' scriptures?

1 Timothy 2:9 {7} In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

Old 05-11-2007, 07:32 PM

Timothy is in the NEW Testament.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:41 PM

508 posts, read 1,673,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Did you not see this near some of the 'men lay with men' scriptures?

1 Timothy 2:9 {7} In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
I apologize. Now that I know what you are refering to I can comment. On the surface, you can make the claim you are making. However, look at what is being said. The commandment was given to women who were attempting to seduce men through their appearance. Either an attempt to convert non-believers or to seduce believers. To use it in the context that you are applying it, is incorrect. However, if a Christian woman was in fact trying to seduce a non believer through her apearance, then I would say something if it were in my place to do so. If it happened in my house or was one of my daughters doing it, you better believe I would stop it. The problem is that the Bible is written both in parables, and strict commands, and also in this instance speaks to a specific application but with an underlying principle and you have to learn to look at what is being said. That is one reason God's law is for believers and does not apply to non believers. In this case, it speaks to idolatry, as these women would be trying to put their beauty ahead of Christ as a way to bring people to Christ. Hence the reason they were told not to do it anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies