Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 12:41 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Teaching that homosexuals will go to hell is hatred.

See I knew this would come up to. People would quote the bible to defend something. Well is there some sort of trump rule in the bible? Which shall we believe an eye for eye or thou shall not kill? It cant work both ways but that seems to be how the bible goes. You can defend any side of any situation with quotes. See this too is in the bible.

You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:38–39, NRSV)

the bible also says:

• DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21
    If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.
  • DEUTERONOMY 22:22
    If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.
  • MARK 10:1-12
    Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.
  • LEVITICUS 18:19
    The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.
  • MARK 12:18-27
    If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.
  • DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12
    If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.
we can go on and on to find individual pieces that will support abortion, gay marriage, slavery etc.

OMG at the bolded part.

This is what makes my quest to pick a religion so hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 12:49 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Quote:
Why do you assume I have no clue?? I was raised in a catholic house and school for 18 years. I know plenty about it. Bring it on.
Unfortunately, that is a very common cheap retort on this forum. If you say something negative about anything, it's automatically assumed you are not from that area or are not a part of that church. There is no possible way that you could be a member of a Christian church and criticize conservative Christians just like if someone criticizes the South, there is no conceivable way the person could be from the South. Yes, it's a weak argument

Old 11-24-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post

Many liberal non christians are also very judgmental of black people, which is also obvious on these forums. you are being just as judgmental as those you are complaining about.
What do you base this on? I've never read anything to that extent on this forum. Could you find an example? The liberals, if anyone, are the ones who aggressively dispute the content of the anti-Black threads on this forum. I've seen conservatives dispute those Black threads as well but I have yet to see a liberal agree with one the stereotypical Black threads.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
This is all they got.

Do you see how CD now has become an anti Christian this and that slug fest?

Now they are using Christians as a way to attack people.

Like the OP, they are doing the same thing they accuse Christians of but using religion as a tool to do it.

OP- Wake up, most of us are NOT going to fall for your non believing immoral people ways from the left who try to convince people that Christians hate everything.

HOW WOULD A NON BELIEVING IMMORAL LEFT WING WHACK JOB KNOW WHAT A CHRISTIAN BELIEVES??

If you have no morals and no values then tell me how you can come to this conclusion?

Maybe the OP should start believing so they can get something correct for a change.
The OP was addressing conservative Christians. There are many types of Christians. Not all Christians are born-again Evangelicals. Don't play the victim card and pretend the OP was attacking all Christians. Most liberals are Christians but they just are not as conservative and don't interpret the Bible literally like you.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
the church teaches that gays go to hell.
Bull: have you ever heard of any Episcopalian, Lutheran, Pres, churches teaching that? Of what about the Unitarian church??? You are so off base on this one it isn't funny.

Nita

Old 11-24-2009, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Homosexual sex was illegal and a mental illness for many decades. What say you to that? I believe you are an out of the closet gay? If that were still law would it be okay for people to hate you because you are illegal.
Certainly being gay and being an illegal are 2 separate things. Right now, being in America illegally is exactly that: illegal, being gay is not a crime. You are talking about many years ago, the OP is talking nonsense..

Nita

Old 11-24-2009, 05:26 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ah...I see we have a nice little troll-fest going on here.

Carry on wayward sons. When any of you get a real clue about Christianity, come back and start a thread with some sensibility about it.
With this kind of trolling it is no wonder this is the result.

More anti-gay, religious-motivated crimes reported

Overall, the number of reported hate crimes increased about 2 percent. These same figures show a nearly 11 percent increase in hate crimes based on sexual orientation, and a nearly 9 percent increase in hate crimes based on religion.

More anti-gay, religious-motivated crimes reported - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091123/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_hate_crimes - broken link)

Old 11-24-2009, 05:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I am not a Christian. I am not a Conservative.

I am a liberal Viet-nam War veteran that has worked for over 40 years to earn enough money to support my family and aid and protect my friends.

I do not need to hate anyone.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:32 AM

96 posts, read 130,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
With this kind of trolling it is no wonder this is the result.

More anti-gay, religious-motivated crimes reported

Overall, the number of reported hate crimes increased about 2 percent. These same figures show a nearly 11 percent increase in hate crimes based on sexual orientation, and a nearly 9 percent increase in hate crimes based on religion.

More anti-gay, religious-motivated crimes reported - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091123/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_hate_crimes - broken link)
As mentioned in the article, the definition of a 'hate-crime' continues to be expanded into essentially a white man attacking anyone. Of course it would NEVER be a hate crime for that same white man to BE attacked.
Regardless of who is attacked, they need only claim hate crime in order to stiff the white man with increased legal penalty.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:36 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Yeah, it is hate. They even showed it publicly. Don't you remember the "God hates ****" signs? Must have slipped your mind
Christians are to hate sin not the sinner. I am so tired of people twisting words. The people that say God hates **** are not Christians. God loves all man but that does mean that sin is sin and that the wages of sin (all sin) is death.

My gut feeling is that a large percentage of, I mean large percentage of, people that claim to be Christians just talk the walk but don't walk the talk. The Bible is very clear about what happens to those people too.

Nobody is perfect and only God knows what is in a person's heart. We will all be judge by God and only God in the end. There will be some people that I will be surprised to see in heaven and there will be some people that will be surprised to see me there. That is the beauty of it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies