Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 PM

96 posts, read 130,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Bleeding hearts are generally limousine liberals. They talk about a bunch of BS sentimental garbage and release a few tears and then go about their fascist ways. It's so easy to understand. So easy
so the entire dem leadership then. righto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wethrowpie View Post
so the entire dem leadership then. righto

Old 11-24-2009, 11:00 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
No it is called paying for your sins. Just because you don't like the type of punishment does not make it hate.

Again most Christians do not believe they are born gay, they believe they are just acting on feelings that are a sin.

You ask good questions and I will not pretend to have all the answers but I won't respond if it is to rip the answers apart. If you really want to know fine.

First science shows it is not a choice.

Second If someone never able to make a choice to reject Jesus does not go to heaven or hell than where do they go? I am not attempting to rip your answers apart it just seems sort of elitist to say that only Christians can make it to heaven.

I really have a huge issue with an all loving God that banishes good people to hell because of their sexual orientation (even if it was a choice)

If the theory of paying for sins as you stated is correct hell must be full and Heaven has a big vacancy sign flashing.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Refer away...and then take that to hard core-Judaism or Islam...and see how sweet you come out smelling.
what does this have to do with it? I never said they were better or worse or anything.

Quote:
Just because you have no faith in a higher power than yourself doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You can't prove it doesn't and those who believe can't prove it does. That's why it is call "FAITH".
On the contrary I entirely believe in powers greater than me. Just not a man in the sky god as you would believe. Nature is much more powerful than I. Along with other things but thats not really the topic here.

Quote:
Not even close. Nice try, however. How's that faerie looking?
Whats not close about it?? You say gays are punished for a sin but born that way sooooooo they are punished for how they are born. Quite simple in fact.

Quote:
Here's the thing: You have a lot to say and a HUGE OPINIONS about what you OBVIOUSLY (given your line of questions) know NOTHING about. How do you defend that? Why don't you learn yourself a thing or two about Christianity and then get back?

Let me help you: not all Christians believe in or think the same way. Just like you have many sects of Jews and Muslims who don't subscribe to the same way of thinking or life.

Waaay too many try to pretend to be "worldly" and "intellectual" while bashing Christianity (because its popular to do so) yet they know NOTHING about what they oppose in such a hateful manner? How can anyone be SOOO offended over what they know NOTHING about?

Crap, even I have researched and learned about and had to come to terms that "paganism" and their "witches" are some form of a religion (in some minds...not mine, but I'll give them theirs)...why don't you do the same?

Easier to hate and have something to bash on City-data (when you're sitting home on the high holy days of any religion with your thumb up your behind) than come to some understanding?
Please re-read the thread. I spent 12 years in catholic school. I have plenty of knowledge about christianity. Its that knowledge that lead me to reject it. You assume anyone rejecting it knows nothing but that is quite contrary to the reality of it. I know a great deal about the workings of christianity and the church.

Secondly you do realize that the "christian" holidays you celebrate were all copied after pagan holidays right? I apparently have much more undestanding than you about it actually since you seem to equate understanding with accepting it as a faith. You make too many assumptions about me and the info is right in front of you. Kind of makes me wonder how much research you have even done on your own faith or if it is mostly just passive acceptance.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How about you respond to the charge of hypocrisy since you continue living here. Are you a native American?

typical answer when you really have no answer. See the issue is people who feel they had a right to be here but others do not. I am not one of those people.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Because to bill something as a hate crime you have to prove that the victim was singled out for being different. Being white and straight is the norm. A white guy attacking an ethnic minority or a gay can easily be labeled such. One of them attacking a white is much harder to classify and prove.

that statement shows you have no understanding of this law. There has to be more than a simple attack involved. There must be other circumstances no matter who is attacked.

Beside did you not just complain about loving criminals??? white , black, red, purple, if you attack someone you are a criminal. At least spread your hypocrisy far enough apart that it is not on the same page

Old 11-24-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
You and many other people don't appear to be able to properly gauge stats based on percentages of population.

If you're pushing the fallacy that whites commit more hate crime than blacks, it's absurd. I've already crushed this to death in another thread.

oh really?? well the black population is what?? def under 20%. I don't know exactly off the top of my head. However hate crimes against black account for about 70% of the racially motivated crimes. Thats over 3 times what it should be. Try explaining your stats now. 80% white population but 17% against whites?? thats less than 1/4 what it should be.

I am waiting.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
ahahaha. I can't believe you even said such a thing. Liberals are the first people to say "no you shouldn't put that person to death", "you should just forgive that rapist/child molester/whatever".

Liberals are generally deviants and criminals themselves hence their willingness to embrace evil at every turn.

smells like .....ignorance. Ha Liberals are all criminals. and devil worshipers too I suppose.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:41 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,748,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
They christian belief is that all are born in to sin, it is whether the person acts on those temptations.
I'm aware of that, and all Christians (like all humans) act on their desires to "sin". They may not commit the same sins, but everyone does it at some point, usually often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Well I could give you the "Life's not Fair" but that would not really be addressing your issue.

Most Christians do not believe that people are born gay so to them it is a choice.
Why would someone choose to be gay in this country? I suppose I could understand choosing it if one lived in some sort of homosexual utopia, but America isn't exactly a pleasant place to be gay.

Quote:
yes, liberals love everyone. the murderers, child molesters, violent criminals, etc. what wonderful 'enlightened' people.
Jesus (if he existed) loved and showed compassion to people just like that. I'm not religious so that doesn't mean much to me, but to many in America, Jesus is a "moral yardstick", so to speak. Which I can understand, because he sounds like a pretty good guy, until he starts talking about religion.

Quote:
Liberals are generally deviants and criminals themselves hence their willingness to embrace evil at every turn.
That's funny. If by "generally" you mean "just as often as anyone else", then I guess I could see your point. Unless you've administered a political quiz to a large portion of the U.S. prison population, in which case I'd be very interested to see the results.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:54 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,091,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
You keep saying the same thing as if you want me to come up with some sort of database of facts when that cannot be done.

It is not a matter of my views vs facts at all.

Lets just narrow it down to one area for you. Maybe that will be easier.

Do you believe that Gays be banished to hell??

Part 2 Assuming you do follow this teaching of the church. Do you not find it hateful to banish someone to hell for being born different.

The same as saying someone born Black, tall, short, etc was born that way so they go to hell. Or saying a child with down syndrome will go to hell ( I am in know way equating homosexuality with a disease).

You're attacking too different things but you think you're attacking one.

This is it (conservative or not): CHRISTIANS DON'T 'BANISH' PEOPLE TO HELL. Why? Because they can't. No human has the capability to do such a thing. You've said more times than I can count that it's 'hateful' for someone to banish someone else to hell b/c of a 'defect' and such.

BUT:

If you have a problem with people being 'banished to hell' (as you put it) then take it up with God b/c no Christian on this planet can help you with that one.

And in any event, no I don't find it hateful. Why? Because, as far as I know, I've never been 'dead' before. So I can't tell you how good or bad the after-life is, and how deserving or not someone would be of hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies