Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 07:05 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
It is not fear of God it is fear that you will not be with Him in Heaven.

No matter how you slightly twist the words it is still conformity based on fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 07:09 PM

817 posts, read 853,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
One of the things I love about christianity. The unfettered defense for everything. When things go good it is because of the grace of god. When things go bad its humans slipping in human nature or god testing us. No need to think for yourself or believe that maybe just maybe you can do things on your own. So all good things like sunshine, water, food, shelter, family , prosperity etc etc are because of god. However all bad things like cancer, aids, war, violence, poverty are just a test from that same god
You seem to know very little about Christianity.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I am not deflecting but you are trying to make it seem as though only Christians have these feelings about Heaven and we are not the only ones. The point I was trying to make is why does no one question Jews feelings on Heaven or Muslims feeling on Heaven. Why does no one call them hypocrites. People are very quick to slam Christians when we hardly have a foothold on Heaven and Hell.
That is deflecting exactly. I just said I hold all religions with this stance equally guilty. No christians do not have a foothold on heaven but they do make up the largest majority of religious people in our country so maybe that is why. In addition other religions are not so frequently inserted into public matters that have nothing to do with ones religious beliefs.

Quote:
You think we are hypocrites because YOU FEEL that people are born gay well not every one feels that way.
No I FIND you to be a hypocrite because you are denying scientific research that contradicts what you FEEL.

Quote:
You think that we are hypocrite because YOU FEEL that God should let anyone that is "good" into Heaven.
actually I don't believe in your heaven so it really is of no matter who your god , who I also do not believe in, lets in or not. I do find it hypocritical for a religion that has a golden rule of treat others as you wish to be treated to say a person who does just that will not enter heaven because they did not accept jesus as the son of god.

Quote:
Well none of what you feel matters. It is about God and His laws. Either you chose to follow them or you don't and just like any thing in life if you don't follow the rules you are many time punished. Nothing hypocritical about that.

But you said good people won't go to heaven. So it is more important to accept one blind idea of jesus being born to a virgin and dying for our sins as the son of god than it is to live a good life in which you do the very best you can to treat others properly?

Old 11-29-2009, 07:19 PM

Also I am always curios about the stance of what happened to all the people who lived before the concept of christianity came along?? None got to heaven I assume?

Old 11-29-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
You seem to know very little about Christianity.

Oh really? can you actually back that up or is that your whole answer?

I was exposed to the religion for 20 years. I think I may have picked up a thing or two. Also there is a vast difference between a generic definition of christianity and what the church is today.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??

Hmm. Many christians are black. They hate their own?

Old 11-29-2009, 07:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
Also I am always curios about the stance of what happened to all the people who lived before the concept of christianity came along?? None got to heaven I assume?
I'm not even christian and I know this one. Yet you were exposed to the religion for 20 years?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Hmm. Many christians are black. They hate their own?

re-read the question................many christian conservatives is far different from all christians

Old 11-29-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I'm not even christian and I know this one. Yet you were exposed to the religion for 20 years?

oh you mean the sacrificing of animals and waiting for christ to judge the living and the dead? Yeah I know about that to but come on....

Old 11-30-2009, 12:00 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times
Quote:
That is deflecting exactly. I just said I hold all religions with this stance equally guilty. No christians do not have a foothold on heaven but they do make up the largest majority of religious people in our country so maybe that is why. In addition other religions are not so frequently inserted into public matters that have nothing to do with ones religious beliefs.
All religions have rules that need to be followed to achieve the end result of that religion. This thread was not about injecting religious beliefs into public policies it was about Christians hating so many.

Quote:
No I FIND you to be a hypocrite because you are denying scientific research that contradicts what you FEEL.
Like science has never been proven wrong?
Personally I do believe that people are born gay but again science has been wrong before so I think it is pretty wrong of you to call people hypocrites based solely what YOU feel is correct science.

Quote:
actually I don't believe in your heaven so it really is of no matter who your god , who I also do not believe in, lets in or not. I do find it hypocritical for a religion that has a golden rule of treat others as you wish to be treated to say a person who does just that will not enter heaven because they did not accept jesus as the son of god.
Again this is no different then other religions. All clearly say you must do XYZ to achieve ABC. They might not come out and say they "condemn" anyone but they still have rules. So I should think Jews are hypocrites because in their eyes I will be in a lower level of Heaven because I am not Jewish. Or I should think Hindu's are hypocrites because I am not "in tune" with my Brahman so I will therefor not reach Nirvana. Again ALL have "criteria" that needs to happen.

Quote:
But you said good people won't go to heaven. So it is more important to accept one blind idea of jesus being born to a virgin and dying for our sins as the son of god than it is to live a good life in which you do the very best you can to treat others properly?

I did not say "good" people will not go to Heaven. No human is a good person, none are worthy of Heaven it is only through the Grace and Forgiveness of God are we allowed access to Heaven. If you think that just doing "good" things is a ticket to Heaven you are wrong because no man is perfect we all sin and it is about what you believe in your heart not what you do everyday. God wants us to trust in Him to look to Him for guidance and that shows or faith in Him. If you live your life as YOU think you should verses how you think God would want you are not getting into Heaven Christian or not. The best way I can explain it is like this. Every choice I make I look to God for guidance and pray that I chose the way He would want me to. That is very different them a person who says they believe in Jesus but do not look to Him for guidance. They are believes in words only, they will NOT get into Heaven because at the end of the day it is not about us it is about our faith in Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies