Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 08:43 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
It seems you have the idea that Christians themselves are banishing people to hell.

No one can answer your questions b/c (as it's been explained) your questions
don't make sense and are invalid. This is not a victory on your part, rather, your failure to clarify the differences between your views versus actual facts.

example:

I'm driving a blue car. Someone comes up to me asks me "do you like that red car of yours?"

How can you answer the question when it's based on an invalid assumption?

You keep saying the same thing as if you want me to come up with some sort of database of facts when that cannot be done.

It is not a matter of my views vs facts at all.

Lets just narrow it down to one area for you. Maybe that will be easier.

Do you believe that Gays be banished to hell??

Part 2 Assuming you do follow this teaching of the church. Do you not find it hateful to banish someone to hell for being born different.

The same as saying someone born Black, tall, short, etc was born that way so they go to hell. Or saying a child with down syndrome will go to hell ( I am in know way equating homosexuality with a disease).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know where you get your stats, but I am not going to argue with you right now, I gave those 3 religions as examples. As for gay rights, I believe many Christians support gay rights There are some who may not believe in all gay rights, but do believe in equal treatment.

Nita

You can't argue with the stats because that is what they are. Secondly this entire thread was started on Conservative christians also know as fundamentalists. No fundamentalist to my knowledge support anything equal for gays. Thirdly equal treatment would mean equal rights, without the same rights it is not equal.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
No it is not hate. It is what they believe happens when someone breaks the laws of God. That is not hate it is paying a consequence for your actions in their eyes. That is not hate.
Oh ok, sounds awfully hateful to me. I would never think someone deserves too burn in a fiery hell for all eternity. I'll also refer back to my other quote about inability to think for ones self.

Quote:
The issue is not choice the issue is the act whether it is by choice or not it is the act that is considered wrong.
Well that makes it even worse than. You are banishing someone to hell for being born.

Questions about this:

Do all non-christians go to hell?

Even the ones never exposed to christianity?

How about unbaptized children? (oh yeah maybe they get purgatory and others can pray them to heaven right?)

How about mentally disabled people?

So Gandhi is in hell?

Dalai Lama ?

Just wondering

Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
They christian belief is that all are born in to sin, it is whether the person acts on those temptations.

so we all have homosexual temptations? odd I never heard that argument before.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
They christian belief is that all are born in to sin, it is whether the person acts on those temptations.

Seems to me the belief is much more about being obedient than actually being a well rounded good person.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Well I could give you the "Life's not Fair" but that would not really be addressing your issue.

Most Christians do not believe that people are born gay so to them it is a choice.

yet another case of christians spitting in the face of science.

So far we have a 6000 year old planet that definitely is not warming and the gay people chose to be that way. Even though science discredits evryone of these arguments.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:20 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,394,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??
It's a group of uneducated insecure people who are fake Christians and actually are impostors. How can "good people" do the most hideous things in the name of God? These non-Christians are like a plague on the nation and the church. God save us from these so-called Christians!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:27 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times
Quote:
Oh ok, sounds awfully hateful to me. I would never think someone deserves too burn in a fiery hell for all eternity. I'll also refer back to my other quote about inability to think for ones self.
No it is called paying for your sins. Just because you don't like the type of punishment does not make it hate.

Quote:
Well that makes it even worse than. You are banishing someone to hell for being born.
Again most Christians do not believe they are born gay, they believe they are just acting on feelings that are a sin.

Quote:
Questions about this:

Do all non-christians go to hell? Honestly I am not sure I don't believe they got to hell but they don't go to Heaven either.

Even the ones never exposed to christianity? No they do not. If they never have had the chance to know God then they could not reject him.

How about unbaptized children? (oh yeah maybe they get purgatory and others can pray them to heaven right?) Again as above never had the chance to make a choice.

How about mentally disabled people? Again as above never had the chance to make a choice.

So Gandhi is in hell? No but he is probably not in Heaven either.

Dalai Lama ? No but he is probably not in Heaven either.

Just wondering
You ask good questions and I will not pretend to have all the answers but I won't respond if it is to rip the answers apart. If you really want to know fine.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:36 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,680 times
Quote:
Refer away...and then take that to hard core-Judaism or Islam...and see how sweet you come out smelling.

Just because you have no faith in a higher power than yourself doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You can't prove it doesn't and those who believe can't prove it does. That's why it is call "FAITH".

Quote:
Not even close. Nice try, however. How's that faerie looking?

Quote:
Questions about this:

Do all non-christians go to hell?

Even the ones never exposed to christianity?

How about unbaptized children? (oh yeah maybe they get purgatory and others can pray them to heaven right?)

How about mentally disabled people?

So Gandhi is in hell?

Dalai Lama ?

Just wondering
Here's the thing: You have a lot to say and a HUGE OPINIONS about what you OBVIOUSLY (given your line of questions) know NOTHING about. How do you defend that? Why don't you learn yourself a thing or two about Christianity and then get back?

Let me help you: not all Christians believe in or think the same way. Just like you have many sects of Jews and Muslims who don't subscribe to the same way of thinking or life.

Waaay too many try to pretend to be "worldly" and "intellectual" while bashing Christianity (because its popular to do so) yet they know NOTHING about what they oppose in such a hateful manner? How can anyone be SOOO offended over what they know NOTHING about?

Crap, even I have researched and learned about and had to come to terms that "paganism" and their "witches" are some form of a religion (in some minds...not mine, but I'll give them theirs)...why don't you do the same?

Easier to hate and have something to bash on City-data (when you're sitting home on the high holy days of any religion with your thumb up your behind) than come to some understanding?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:02 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Yes the christian pioneers armed with smallpox. I will refer to the founding fathers however I want. How does slave owning, womenizing, money hungry drunks sound??
How about you respond to the charge of hypocrisy since you continue living here. Are you a native American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies