Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 04:32 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,255 times

Advertisements

Try reading some threads on here. Quite obvious that conservative christians would just change or get rid of all gays. Again teaching that they get banished to hell is hateful. Can't you accept that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Try reading some threads on here. Quite obvious that conservative christians would just change or get rid of all gays. Again teaching that they get banished to hell is hateful. Can't you accept that.
There you go again...

Old 11-24-2009, 04:51 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Quote:
Nonsense! We could all make up a thread with our own definition of hate designed to slander one particular group of people , that doesnt make it real or accurate. It just lessons the meaning of the word hate, much like racist or bigot. Those words now just say more about the person using them than they do their original meaning.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:57 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,091,176 times
Quote:
Sorry, but simply looking at the threads on here should not be a primary source of reference.

Additionally, teaching that folks will get banished to hell (whether you'd agree with that or not is one thing) isn't necessarily hateful.

You could look at a bunch of kids hanging on a street corner and you may tell your kid that they'll all be locked up or dead one day soon. That doesn't mean you actually hate those kids if you were to believe that.

If you feel that CC's are that way then that's your view on the matter. However, you can't try to paint that view as if it's an accepted fact and expect all to run with it.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Sorry, but simply looking at the threads on here should not be a primary source of reference.

Additionally, teaching that folks will get banished to hell (whether you'd agree with that or not is one thing) isn't necessarily hateful.

You could look at a bunch of kids hanging on a street corner and you may tell your kid that they'll all be locked up or dead one day soon. That doesn't mean you actually hate those kids if you were to believe that.

If you feel that CC's are that way then that's your view on the matter. However, you can't try to paint that view as if it's an accepted fact and expect all to run with it.

what exactly do you want from me the latest poll taken at church. This is not really a statistical matter. And how do you possibly say that telling a group of people they will go to hell because of how they were born is not hateful?? Not just gays.. But jews don't accept christ, muslims certainly don't etc etc. do all these people go to hell in your mind?? even the children who are never even exposed to christianity?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:21 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times
Quote:

BULL!!!! I have no issue with gays but I also understand those that feel it is wrong. That does not mean they hate it just means they think it is wrong. I think adultery is wrong does that mean I hate all people who cheat? No! You are using the term hate to define what is really disagreement with.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Quote:
what exactly do you want from me the latest poll taken at church. This is not really a statistical matter. And how do you possibly say that telling a group of people they will go to hell because of how they were born is not hateful?? Not just gays.. But jews don't accept christ, muslims certainly don't etc etc. do all these people go to hell in your mind?? even the children who are never even exposed to christianity?

Lets try it this way. Your cousin kills 6 people. You feel he should be punished for his crime, but, you still love him, you just feel that he has done is wrong. you hate what he has done, but you love him. that is the way christians are when it comes to gays, they believe the gay person will and should be punished for what he is doing, but, still love him as a person.

Its the old cliche, hate the game, not the player

Old 11-24-2009, 06:45 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,091,176 times
Quote:
The other posters are correct, you're using the term 'hate' to define a disagreement.

You say it's not a statistical matter, but yet you say that 'so many' C.C.'s hate gays etc. By saying 'many', you are talking about the majority. Your point of reference being the C/D forum (as you mention).

Nobody 'goes to hell' in my mind as you put it. I think the bigger issue at hand is you have a level of disdain for C.C.'s and you're having an extremely hard time extricating it.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
BULL!!!! I have no issue with gays but I also understand those that feel it is wrong. That does not mean they hate it just means they think it is wrong. I think adultery is wrong does that mean I hate all people who cheat? No! You are using the term hate to define what is really disagreement with.

So banishing someone to hell, eternal damnation for being born a certain way is not hate????????? Your comparrison also assumes that homosexuality is a choice which it is not.

How many time do I need to ask the same question before someone can actually answer me as opposed to just repeating themselves?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Lets try it this way. Your cousin kills 6 people. You feel he should be punished for his crime, but, you still love him, you just feel that he has done is wrong. you hate what he has done, but you love him. that is the way christians are when it comes to gays, they believe the gay person will and should be punished for what he is doing, but, still love him as a person.

Its the old cliche, hate the game, not the player

If you loved the person you would not punsih them with eternal damnation to hell

Ps I don't believe in hell either but thats your punishment for it so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies