Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 05:53 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
First science shows it is not a choice.
I agree with you I am just giving you a prespective on how many Chrisitans view homosexuality. It is viewed as a choice.

Quote:
Second If someone never able to make a choice to reject Jesus does not go to heaven or hell than where do they go? I am not attempting to rip your answers apart it just seems sort of elitist to say that only Christians can make it to heaven.
LOL sorry not laughing at you but Christians don't have a hold on Heaven. Muslims believe in it, Jews believe in it and they all have certain criteria to get there. They all believe that only their followers will get there.

Quote:
I really have a huge issue with an all loving God that banishes good people to hell because of their sexual orientation (even if it was a choice)
To you it is because of sex but in the eyes of God it is sin. No different then those that kill or steal. I know you feel it is different because they are born gay but again that is not the views of most Christians.

Quote:
If the theory of paying for sins as you stated is correct hell must be full and Heaven has a big vacancy sign flashing.
No it is full of those that do not repent their sins and ask for forgiveness. I sin all the time but I also acknowledge them, ask for forgiveness and for the wisdom to not repeat them.

I have been told by other Christians that I will go to hell because I don't believe people who are gay are necessarily sinning and because I believe we all will have one last chance before we die to accept Jesus as our Savior. Most Christians believe that unless you believe when you actually die that that is it, I don't. I do think He will come to you right before you die and give you one last chance. I have a big issue with a person living a good life and not being given the chance to find Jesus before they die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:05 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
You're attacking too different things but you think you're attacking one.

This is it (conservative or not): CHRISTIANS DON'T 'BANISH' PEOPLE TO HELL. Why? Because they can't. No human has the capability to do such a thing. You've said more times than I can count that it's 'hateful' for someone to banish someone else to hell b/c of a 'defect' and such.

BUT:

If you have a problem with people being 'banished to hell' (as you put it) then take it up with God b/c no Christian on this planet can help you with that one.

And in any event, no I don't find it hateful. Why? Because, as far as I know, I've never been 'dead' before. So I can't tell you how good or bad the after-life is, and how deserving or not someone would be of hell.

following a god that does so is not really different.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:07 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I
LOL sorry not laughing at you but Christians don't have a hold on Heaven. Muslims believe in it, Jews believe in it and they all have certain criteria to get there. They all believe that only their followers will get there.

But in different ways...You yourself said non-christians would not go to heaven.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:47 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,768 times
FROM WHAT I READ CHRISTIANS DONT MAKE THE RULES THEY JUST FOLLOW THEM. talk about hate,let a gay person in iran come out of the closet,what do you think would happen?I like to see gay n lasbian parade in iran. There they will see real hate

Old 11-26-2009, 01:14 AM

241 posts, read 267,471 times
Because right-wing Christianity is full of bigoted bullies. Seriously, they are rampant here in OC. They are truly scary.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
But in different ways...You yourself said non-christians would not go to heaven.

The point I was trying to make is that Christians are not the only ones to believe that they have a "hold" on heaven. A Muslim thinks I will not go and a Jew thinks I will not go. The point is that this thread was created saying how can Christians hate because they banish people to hell and because we won't let people into Heaven and my point was that Christianity is not the only religion that does this. Yet I don't see any threads saying "Why do so many Muslims hate so many people".

People slam Christianity but we are not the only religion that believes things that some may consider hate.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:16 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Why do liberals hate anyone who disagree with them?

Old 11-26-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirriam View Post
Because right-wing Christianity is full of bigoted bullies. Seriously, they are rampant here in OC. They are truly scary.
So where does a democrat that is a Christian fall? What group are they in? Because they believe the same as a person on the right where Christianity is concerned they just won't admit it.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:23 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Quote:
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??
I believe it is a specificity thing, since the buybull does not specifically say you gotta love blacks, gays, or hispanics, .... they don't!

Old 11-26-2009, 11:51 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Why do liberals hate anyone who disagree with them?
Do you really believe that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies