Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 11:56 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
FROM WHAT I READ CHRISTIANS DONT MAKE THE RULES THEY JUST FOLLOW THEM. talk about hate,let a gay person in iran come out of the closet,what do you think would happen?I like to see gay n lasbian parade in iran. There they will see real hate

what does deflecting this topic to another religion do? Not change anything about the one in question? That's like saying other countries torture people worse than we do so our torture is ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
The point I was trying to make is that Christians are not the only ones to believe that they have a "hold" on heaven. A Muslim thinks I will not go and a Jew thinks I will not go. The point is that this thread was created saying how can Christians hate because they banish people to hell and because we won't let people into Heaven and my point was that Christianity is not the only religion that does this. Yet I don't see any threads saying "Why do so many Muslims hate so many people".

People slam Christianity but we are not the only religion that believes things that some may consider hate.

Again deflecting does not make your beliefs or actions any better. I have not seen to many muslims on this forum. Plus the topic was conservative/ fundamental christians to begin with. I find any organized religion that feels the same way to be just as guilty but that does not make it ok for christians.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Why do liberals hate anyone who disagree with them?

Point out anywhere someone said said that please.........

I don't go around touting religion and then using it to defend my judging of people. The point is that christians are supposed to be "christ like" but christ loved everyone. I would never make a carte blanche judgement on someone for how they were born. I have zero problem with someone being as religious as they want to be but you show who you are much more by actions than by talk. Going to church a few times a year or 3 times a week does not make you a good person. How you treat others, all others, does.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
So where does a democrat that is a Christian fall? What group are they in? Because they believe the same as a person on the right where Christianity is concerned they just won't admit it.

I dont believe this. I know many christians who support abortion and gay rights but they are afraid to speak out against the church or afraid t leave the church. It's the whole fear of God concept.

Fear of an all loving God seems way to hypocritical

Old 11-26-2009, 12:09 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Because the majority of christians are hypocrites, they go to church on Sunday and backbite their neighbors after the service...
Of the six major religions on planet Earth, four worship the same God and all four of them are hypocrites of their religion and want and have killed each other for not believing in their religion.

I am sure when the time comes I will say something like "Oh God, I don't want to die" so I am not entirely Atheist but it all seem so silly to me.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:17 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
There's no way to answer the OP because the premise itself is erroneous. It ASSumes that Christians hate. That shows a great misunderstanding of true Christianity and the followers of Christ.

Besides, I don't believe it's a serious question.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
There's no way to answer the OP because the premise itself is erroneous. It ASSumes that Christians hate. That shows a great misunderstanding of true Christianity and the followers of Christ.

Besides, I don't believe it's a serious question.

Very typical answer. I and others have given many accounts of hate.. You respond with not really a question, erroneous, etc. I/we establish a legitimate comeback and you respond with reflection or a new argument.

Discriminating against people is hatred.

Hate : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury b : extreme dislike or antipathy :

sounds exactly like is done is homosexuals by many christians does it not?

Old 11-27-2009, 09:18 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Do you really believe that?
Of course not, I was being sarcastic. Saying what I said is about as stupid as the thread title.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:58 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
To the OP

I would suspect for the same reason that "progressive" liberals hate so many people. Because they hate everyone who does not comply with their personal vision of what they believe everyone else's existence should be.

"Christians" are no more hateful than "atheists" if they try to manipulate others through force.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Of course not, I was being sarcastic. Saying what I said is about as stupid as the thread title.

yes you have nothing of value to actually say so you attempt to discredit the thread because you said so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies