Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 12:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,990,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I think they might be moving the bodies of the policemen from the coronor's office now. There are several helicopters hovering over our work site (we're about a mile from the Lakewood police station and not far from the coronor's office). There are just constant reminders of this tragedy all the time. I am going to stop by the makeshift memorial during my lunch break.
They are. Huge procession with countless LE cruisers shown on THE news. Wish I could pay my respects personally. There is a fund set up for the families of the slain officers and I hope folks posting will do what they are able.

It would be fitting if the carcass of the scumbag was transported and disposed of by "dead animal" pick-up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,302,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Yes I do think you are soft on criminals, understand? And I will add the mental illness thing is just very poor defense in 99.9% of all crimes..

I totally agree

Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,261,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
They are. Huge procession with countless LE cruisers shown on THE news. Wish I could pay my respects personally. There is a fund set up for the families of the slain officers and I hope folks posting will do what they are able.

It would be fitting if the carcass of the scumbag was transported and disposed of by "dead animal" pick-up.
Thanks. I just heard there will be a memorial next Tues, Dec 8th at the Tacoma Dome at 1pm. There is also a donation box at the memorial site in front of the Lakewood PD. That's where I'll be going during lunch. God Bless the families of the slain.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:24 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,259,456 times
Quote:

I was hoping they would just let lie where he fell an make his family come pick him up...Using a dung cart...

Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,220,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Yes I do think you are soft on criminals, understand? And I will add the mental illness thing is just a very poor defense in 99.9% of all crimes..
Whenl you've worked in the justice system for over 20 years, come back and talk to me.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,302,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Whenl you've worked in the justice system for over 20 years, come back and talk to me.
Meaningless.

Work and personal opinions do not necessary equal the same thing.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:33 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,261,794 times
Quote:
I disagree. Btw, exactly how do you "think" I "think"? I'll bet you think I'm "soft on crime"........lol. You could not be more incorrect.

I believe it is those who refuse to think deeper than the surface about violence that just don't get it. The guy was killed, story over, jump up and down, cheer, feel good about the outcome, and on to something new. Those police officers didn't have to die that way. When we ignore the seriously mentally ill, we get violence. It will happen again. Haven't you heard that local jails and prisons are now where we "store" most of our mentally ill? Haven't you seen any documentaries about this subject? Maybe it is just necessary for people to see it up close and personal before they "get" that there is a context in which these things happen.

"In spite of the overwhelming evidence, there are many violence deniers out there. Most of them are commissioners of the state mental health departments. If they acknowledge violence, then they would have to revamp their 'blinders on' policy. Instead of helping the 5% who are most seriously ill, they focus the bulk of their dollars on the 40% with a "diagnosable" mental illness which they define quite broadly. As a result of abandonment of the most seriously ill by the mental health departments, the police have become the de-facto mental health system. Four policemen recently paid the price."

DJ Jaffe: Maurice Clemmons: Mental Illness Does Cause Violence
Interesting you bring this up. I just had a conversation with a woman last night who works out at my gym. She works in the mental health profession and was speaking of her speciality (she works with the violent, mentally ill). She said that you can't keep them in the prisons nor in the mental hospitals because they are often a danger to the staff and others. She is leaving for a London hospital next week to observe a new program dealing with this very issue.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,990,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You have it very wrong.

"We" are rejoicing at only ONE (1) Death - that of the scumbag cop killer.

It IS something to rejoice.
Let us not forget he was a child-rapist as well.

I rejoice when evil taking the form of man is permanently removed from society and no longer leeching protien and oxygen at the expense of the taxpayer.

Our prisons are over crowded with felons who are violent repeat offenders. This was no choirboy. Criminally insane perhaps and he was taken out like the rabid animal he was. One who rapes children and executes police officers long ago surrendered his soul to evil.

Lethal applications of lead projectiles into armed violent felons refusing to comply with arresting officers is the only solution to a "justice system" that lets this scum out on the streets to keep murdering and raping innocent victims.

This violent and armed felon was "killed" by a police officer. The four officers in the Lakewood coffee shop were "murdered" by the violent felon with malice and pre-meditated calculation. There is a HUGE difference between the two. No, no sympathy for the dead felon or those who aided and abbetted in his crimes.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,220,916 times
Quote:

Exactly WHY do you think his family deserves that kind of treatment? The guy is already dead. He isn't going to suffer from the abuse and dehumanizing treatment of his family. They didn't kill anyone.

Did you even think about what you were saying?

Your post was great until you got to the "carcass" and "scumbag" and "dead animal pick up." Why did you have to add that little bit of hatred and violence?

Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,259,456 times
Quote:
We've had Police Officers in our family for 40 years (Houston Police Officers)....Does that count?

Went hunting with four of them this past weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies