Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:00 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That does happen quite often. I am fortunate to have been a conservative all my life... even in my teens.

Then there is that old saying: "A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged."
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Me, too.

There's a saying that if you are a republican before the age of 18, you have no heart. And if you're a democrat after the age of 30, you have no brains.
There is a saying that sayings are trite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 09:29 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
We need single-payer, not this bailout for health insurance companies and Big Pharma.
That is not what we need and this is not a bailout for insurance companies, they are quite solvent.

What this country needs is affordable health care provided through private entities because the government is only going to make a bigger mess out of what we already have. To achieve that goal Congress needs to **** off a lot powerful interests including insurance companies, lawyers, and big pharma just to name a few. Since none of them wish to do that and they would prefer to sell the American people down the river to keep their gravy train rolling we have this abortion of a bill that was passed by the Senate. I would imagine if the Republicans were in charge it would just as bad.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:30 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Honestly, I do not know if I am for or not for this health care bill. I see where it may be needed but I don't know about the government providing it.

But I do feel we need reform for sure. I hate the whole "pre existing condition" thing.
Well put.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well how do we deal with pre existing conditions? If everybody waits until they are sick to get insurance it will be expensive indeed.

I would love to get car insurance after I have been in an accident.
I hear what you're saying about waiting until you get sick to get insurance, but I think the over-arching issue is not covering people for a condition in the distant past, such as my daughter's melanoma.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It really is criminal what the democrats are doing. To overhaul 1/6 th of our economy, designed completely by the democrats and voted and passed on a party line vote.

This is unprecedented divisive partisanship.
Were the Repubs forcibly prevented from voting for it? I don't understand your point!

Old 12-21-2009, 10:40 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Talking please

Quote:
A Reckless Health Care Bill That Nobody Believes In - WSJ.com

Read on for the devastating impact this bill will have on individuals and small business, not to mention the drastic regulation, mandates and taxes implemented in a time of economic hardship.

devastating...

drastic...

hardship...

Old 12-21-2009, 10:54 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Wha??

Yes...let's hurry up and pass this bill, right now....for services that will not come into being until 2014.

You must realize WHY they NEED to get it done now, don't you?

2010 is an election year. They didn't want the senators heading home for 2 weeks and getting an earful from their constituents.

Another dirty trick from Dirty Harry Reid.......take the votes on a weekend...phones are off, mailboxes are full, no one in the office to answer the phones...constituents can't call in and voice their outrage.

sanrene; You mean Dirty Harry Sneaky Harry!

Old 12-21-2009, 12:54 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
There is a saying that sayings are trite.
But some are very accurate.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:09 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I hear what you're saying about waiting until you get sick to get insurance, but I think the over-arching issue is not covering people for a condition in the distant past, such as my daughter's melanoma.

Doesn't a time limit already exist for past illnesses?

I just did some quick research and found if you are part of a group policy they cannot deny you coverage due to pre existing conditions. So the Republican coop plan makes a lot of sense.

HIPPA only allows a 6 month look back period for pre existing conditions.

Last edited by shorebaby; 12-21-2009 at 01:22 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Doesn't a time limit already exist for past illnesses?

I just did some quick research and found if you are part of a group policy they cannot deny you coverage due to pre existing conditions. So the Republican coop plan makes a lot of sense.

HIPPA only allows a 6 month look back period for pre existing conditions.
I think HIPPA has to do with getting another policy within 6 months. I'm truly not sure on all this, but I know it's a concern for us b/c our daughter had melanoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies