Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 06:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Just calling the source of the OP for what it is ... AN OPINION.

I'm sure Rupert Murdoch (owner of FoxNews & WSJ) would approve!
With facts and statistics to back up the opinion.

Of course, the leftists can never engage in the content of any article - they must focus on ways to deflect from the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Opinon pieces are still opinion pieces. They are at best, the writer's interpretation of the facts. As we see on CD every day, facts can be spun to support just about any POV.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:23 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Opinon pieces are still opinion pieces. They are at best, the writer's interpretation of the facts. As we see on CD every day, facts can be spun to support just about any POV.
It is a fact that the process was not transparent contrary to Obama's promise to have deliberations on C-SPAN. This deal was made in a back room closed to everyone except for the deal makers and those engaging in bribery. A bill born this way is doomed. They may pass it but it will cost many people their jobs and perhaps majority status.

Sure it is an opinion piece supported by facts it is much easier to dismiss it than deal with the facts presented. There is simply no excuse for the opaque nature of the deliberations surrounding this bill.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Nelson insisted he accepted the full federal coverage to help other states gain the same deal. "It's not a special deal, it's a fair deal. All will have access to it and there's plenty of time to get that done," Nelson said.
Senate moves up final healthcare overhaul vote (12/22/09) -- GovExec.com

Old 12-22-2009, 09:53 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It really is criminal what the democrats are doing. To overhaul 1/6 th of our economy, designed completely by the democrats and voted and passed on a party line vote.

This is unprecedented divisive partisanship.
How is 1/6 of our economy overhauled?
Nothing was changed! We still have a fee-for-service system, we still have for-profit health insurance companies who will now be receiving a windfall of taxpayer dollars, prescriptions aren't getting any cheaper...and the list goes on.

The sad part of this bill is that nothing about the SYSTEM was changed. It just gives more people overpriced private health insurance and taxpayers are lining the pockets of health insurance companies and Big Pharma.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
I too am so confused on this whole issue, as so many of you, all have some good and valid points, so what are we to do. Can we in fact do anything at all, or by this point is it just useless. I have friends that are very happy about it, but more, that have valid points why they don't want it, i wish this was a easy fix but i do not think that the non supporters are going away any time soon. So what to do, you tell me, i too am confused. Maybe it was the manner in which it was shrove in our faces, and a will where they knew all along they would pass this bill, I wish there could be a happy medium, but i doubt this will happen. Happy Holidays All

Old 12-22-2009, 10:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I too am so confused on this whole issue, as so many of you, all have some good and valid points, so what are we to do. Can we in fact do anything at all, or by this point is it just useless. I have friends that are very happy about it, but more, that have valid points why they don't want it, i wish this was a easy fix but i do not think that the non supporters are going away any time soon. So what to do, you tell me, i too am confused. Maybe it was the manner in which it was shrove in our faces, and a will where they knew all along they would pass this bill, I wish there could be a happy medium, but i doubt this will happen. Happy Holidays All
All you can do is call your senators and representative and let them know you have concerns. If enough people make their feelings known they will sit up and take notice.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:08 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The best we can hope for is that some Senator backs out at the last minute or we get a bunch of new blood in 2010 that will repeal this bill and get us a better health care system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies