Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:21 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Am I the only one puzzled about how something can be "swept under the rug" when the link is to an account on a TV news broadcast?
Yeah, apparently you are. What is being swept under the rug is the race of the perpetrators not the incident itself.

- Reel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 03:23 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
/\ I think she's talking about the racial persuasion of the attackers, not the actual incident in and of itself.

Personally, it has nothing to do with them being "Black", but about how for 50 years we've shoveled victimology bull**** at the African-American community rather than empthazing civility, culture, and entrepenurism. I am half AA and I'm a happy cream puff. But again, I had a mom who told me the color of my skin isn't an excuse but a reason to be stronger, better, richer as a person.

It's not about race. It's about excuses.
Good post. Rep for you. What you say has much merit.

PS - You will probably be offended but I have a lot of compassion for you and the majority of other blacks who wouldn't think of harming anybody. However, I see a lot of this anger from many blacks even when there is not violence involved and they are solid middle class folks. A couple of examples are Louis Gates. I'm sure that's what gave him such a short fuse during his now famous incident. Also, the black police officer who brandished his weapon when he thought his slow service at McDonald's was racially based. There is a lot of anger out there.

**tindo disclaimer - most blacks are not angry and most whites are not racist.

- Reel

Last edited by Reelist in Atlanta; 12-23-2009 at 03:33 PM..

Old 12-23-2009, 03:52 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
7 Arrested So Far In Savage Attack On N.J. 8th Grader - wcbstv.com (http://wcbstv.com/local/gang.attack.honor.2.1386340.html - broken link)

The "journalist" refuses to identify the race of the attackers (a sure sign they are not white), but no worries, the commenters who live in the area and attend the school let the readers know that the attackers were black -- young teens, a couple as young as 12. They almost beat to death an 11 year old white honor student, after a girl classmate fingered him as a boy who hit her with a basketball (an accident on the playground).

The demographics of the school are 2% white, 63% black with the remaining Hispanic.

Why any white or Asian parents would send their precious children to an inner city black school is beyond me. Pull out en masse and let the problem collapse on itself. The *******s who care so much can rush in and save and the day (but please, not with my hard-earned money). Maybe every leftist can leave their white suburban safe haven and move into the inner cities where they can provide a stabilizing presence? Anyone? Or is tolerance and diversity only for everyone else?
Hey Chatty, did you actually read the story? Actually, did anyone commenting on it read it?

If so you might have noticed what it said in the opening paragraph..

Quote:
The victim, who is Hispanic, suffered severe injuries, and it was possible he may lose sight in one eye. It is not believed, however, that he was the victim of a hate crime. Police said the student who threw the first punch was also Hispanic, and the other students all come from diverse backgrounds.
It doesn't lessen what is essentially an extremely violent and awful act. However, how come you are so eager to jump on a making a racial commentary on black on white crime that you don't even read the f**king story!

Last edited by Deezus; 12-23-2009 at 04:16 PM..

Old 12-23-2009, 04:03 PM

124 posts, read 270,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Hey Chatty, did you actually read the story? Actually, did anyone commenting on it read it?

It doesn't lessen what is essentially a extremely violent and awful act. However, how come you are so eager to jump on a making a racial commentary on black on white crime that you don't even read the f**king story!

They only saw honor student. They just knew the child had to be white! A black or hispanic honor student in the inner city!
Who has ever heard of such a thing!

Old 12-23-2009, 04:04 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
There have been countless attacks such as these, most involving young adults in black-on-white crimes, over the years--some of them so brutal and barbaric as to stun one's senses and many resulting in deaths. Most of these crimes get only local media coverage.

However, let the shoe be on the other foot and it becomes international news.......

Maybe politically incorrect to point this out but nevertheless, factual.

Here is a account of just one in recent years. snopes.com: Murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian played down somewhat by this snopes account but that's to be expected.
I try to bring up Channon and Christopher whenever I can. Thanks for doing so. It is shocking to me how a story like this could get NO national coverage. If races were reversed, it would be a household word, entire classes in school all the way up through college would be devoted to the incident, new laws would be created, and Fat All and Jesse would be mentioning it at every turn. It's disgusting. The latest tidbit I heard is that on top of every other piece of savagery these animals committed, Channon was also raped with a broken chair leg. Unbelievable.

Where are black churches and activist groups, marching in the streets demanding justice against the perps??

Old 12-23-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnuro View Post
They only saw honor student. They just knew the child had to be white! A black or hispanic honor student in the inner city!
Who has ever heard of such a thing!
I did read the story. The victim is white hispanic (there is a picture of him). The perps are black, as reported in the comments section by other students at the school. There must have been one hispanic perp. I guess that makes the group "diverse."

Old 12-23-2009, 04:06 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,672,655 times
Do you have some proof that attackers are black?

Old 12-23-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:

It doesn't lessen what is essentially a extremely violent and awful act. However, how come you are so eager to jump on a making a racial commentary on black on white crime that you don't even read the f**king story!
And btw, that is NOT the opening paragraph of the article when I read it and linked it -- perhaps the media outlet allowed the journalist to revise and update it, I don't know. But I read it several times and there was NO mention of the races of either the victim or the perps.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:11 PM

124 posts, read 270,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I did read the story. The victim is white hispanic (there is a picture of him). The perps are black, as reported in the comments section by other students at the school. There must have been one hispanic perp. I guess that makes the group "diverse."

Where does it say white hispanic? Are you making that assumption because he's fair skin?

Old 12-23-2009, 04:12 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA! Nice serving of pwnage you handed the OP there.

To the OP:

There is an element in ALL of humanity that is violent by nature. Believing that black people are violent by nature is just as ignorant and bigoted as believing white people are violent by nature. You need to wake up, the world is passing you by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies