Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 04:55 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Ok, so I had to look. This woman says she is married and has an income of 75K to 100K and she is getting assistance??????? Perhaps she needs to be audited and if she really is earning that much money she needs to pay back all aid she has received for any children. Or since she claims to be disabled, perhaps that needs to be looked into as well.
She receives SSI for Lymphoma. When you receive SSI your spouse can still work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Wow! If hospitals and doctors' offices are going paperless, I don't know how that plays out in terms of documents need as evidence in court. I know that there are folks out there today who are magic and can retrieve almost ANYTHING lost on a computer. Those people are often hired in court cases to retrieve lost or ERASED documents which could be used as evidence in court cases.

Seems to me that some extra precautions should be taken to protect important ORIGINAL legal documents. What's the point of getting a consent form signed, if you can't produce it to protect yourself?
I asked DH. He said it depends on the kind of paperwork. Some are tossed after they are scanned and the patient is discharged. Some are kept in storage. He said it is hospital policy not a law, so it varies. The point of having the form signed is obvious. Accidents happen. Mistakes happen. Things get lost.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:57 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
Got send wrong addy. That's for someone who trespassed in a trainyard in Maryland and got hit by a train.

OK Here is Tessa's Page, as given in the comments section of the Boston Herald:

Tessa (Tessa Tirado) | MySpace
And I'll bet nobody ever lies on a MySpace page.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
She receives SSI for Lymphoma. When you receive SSI your spouse can still work.
But I thought she also received aid for two kids.

Savicki has nine children from several men, is unemployed and relies on public assistance for two of the four children who live with her. She receives supplemental security income, or SSI, for a disability, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, she said. Her mother has custody of three of her children. Two of her children are no longer minors.

I am reading this as she receives SSI PLUS public assistance for two children, could be wrong

Savicki said she’s been in a relationship with her fiance, Angel Flores Tirado, 36, since she was 25. She lives with him and the couple’s three children. Tirado helps support the family with his full-time job as a personal care assistant. Savicki said she’s had eight of her nine children while in committed relationships and hoped for one more child with Tirado.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM

The Myspace page name doesn't even match her name.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:00 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I asked DH. He said it depends on the kind of paperwork. Some are tossed after they are scanned and the patient is discharged. Some are kept in storage. He said it is hospital policy not a law, so it varies. The point of having the form signed is obvious. Accidents happen. Mistakes happen. Things get lost.
Thanks. Good information. Yes, it's my understand that businesses and govt agencies have various records retention policies. Those are individual business practices and not laws.

The unfortunate part is if the business ever needs any of the destroyed records to protect itself in a lawsuit, and the records have been destroyed, it makes it much harder to put up a defense. But certainly businesses cannot retain all records forever.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
But I thought she also received aid for two kids.

Savicki has nine children from several men, is unemployed and relies on public assistance for two of the four children who live with her. She receives supplemental security income, or SSI, for a disability, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, she said. Her mother has custody of three of her children. Two of her children are no longer minors.

I am reading this as she receives SSI PLUS public assistance for two children, could be wrong

Savicki said she’s been in a relationship with her fiance, Angel Flores Tirado, 36, since she was 25. She lives with him and the couple’s three children. Tirado helps support the family with his full-time job as a personal care assistant. Savicki said she’s had eight of her nine children while in committed relationships and hoped for one more child with Tirado.
When you are disabled and get SSI, you get SSI for your children as well until they turn 18.

Just happened to a friend of mine. She gets SSI for herself and her 2 children. Her husband still works.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
And I'll bet nobody ever lies on a MySpace page.
I am sure many do but I can say that I do not. Also, this lie (if that is what it is) combined with the very strange IUD story, makes her even less believable. Her story to the newspaper doesn't jive with her myspace page. If you are going to be going public, the least you can do is make sure your stories match.

I find it admirable that you (Austin13) are trying to hard to give her the benefit of the doubt. I do feel badly for her that she had an operation that she claims she didn't want. There is just so much to this story that doesn't make sense and is missing. Once the hospital answers some questions we will have more information.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
When you are disabled and get SSI, you get SSI for your children as well until they turn 18.

Just happened to a friend of mine. She gets SSI for herself and her 2 children. Her husband still works.

Thanks for the information. Having never been on any sort of public assistance I have no idea how it works. All I know is that it is really hard to get disability and I was warned that if I ever ended up not able to work (I have MS) I would have an uphill battle.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the information. Having never been on any sort of public assistance I have no idea how it works. All I know is that it is really hard to get disability and I was warned that if I ever ended up not able to work (I have MS) I would have an uphill battle.
I've never been on it either, but I just watched her go through a horrible time. She has a debilitating illness and cannot even stand on her feet for more than 10 minutes at a time. It took 3 years and 3 appeals and she finally received it. The only plus was they did pay her back payments for that 3 years. They went bankrupt from medical bills. At least now they will have some breathing room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies