Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I submit that you open your eyes and realize you are a victim of the greatest con job in American history. That being the Presidency of Barack Obama.
While there are a number of things that I believe this Administration has done badly, I will not enumerate them for you. If you did a little research, you could probably find some factual ammunition. I won't point them out because I feel the preponderance of the efforts have been, and will continue to be, beneficial to the Country. There is value in doing your own work, it helps give you an objective opinion. But, unfortunately, many do not want objectivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 07:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I've never declared the other two will happen. Forget about elections...to take away the guns would put the government members' very lives at risk (ironically by the very guns they made illegal), same with throwing Alex Jones into a prison camp.

Letting tax cuts expire is a much more plausible scenario.
But that's the thing, summers, it's only a scenario, something you wish were real but isnt. The best you can do is cling to "Well, it's going to happen... any day now...."

Old 02-05-2010, 07:34 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
But that's the thing, summers, it's only a scenario, something you wish were real but isnt. The best you can do is cling to "Well, it's going to happen... any day now...."
It's perfectly logical to allow them to expire, as tax increases by stealth provide plausible deniability (they're not actually tax increases if you didn't pass legislation, right?) as well as perfect timing considering it could be sunset after election time. Your other scenarios were red herrings.

Remember, you have to think like a snake and/or parasite when in a politician's mind.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:44 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
It's perfectly logical to allow them to expire, as tax increases by stealth provide plausible deniability (they're not actually tax increases if you didn't pass legislation, right?) as well as perfect timing considering it could be sunset after election time. Your other scenarios were red herrings.

Remember, you have to think like a snake and/or parasite when in a politician's mind.
But they're not going to let the tax cuts expire.

Meanwhile, back on topic, the story was false and it got pulled, NOT through any evil "Chicago-style" strongarming by the WH but because it WAS FALSE.

But many feeble-minded people will always believe the more exciting scenario. That's what's so frustrating.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Did you read it ? What was incorrect about it ?
The fact it would increase taxes on middle class taxpayers. It was taken down after they were shown specific pages in the budget that showed the exact opposite of what they were claimed.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Everyone should be outraged, conservative, liberal, everyone. What really scares me is that they aren't. Blind sheep being lead by a malevolent Sheppard. Scary, scary, scary.

blowoutcongress.com
You are right everyone should be outraged that the right has to lie over and over again, just like they are doing here. The article was pulled because it was FALSE.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I would say the WH is likely to allow the tax cuts to expire, but they're trying to time it for after the elections to prevent total annihilation of its Dem majority. Until then, "mum's the word" and shut down any story trying to suggest it would do such a thing.

You are basing this off what exactly?? Oh yea thats right, typical righty lies.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Bow down before your master! If it comes from the Whitehouse it must be true!
Lets see. The article was based off the budget, what was originally claimed in the article was not in the budget, in fact the budget specifically states the direct opposite of what was in the article, therefore article gets pulled. Why is this hard to understand?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
Quote:
I submit that you open your eyes and realize you are a victim of the greatest con job in American history. That being the Presidency of Barack Obama.
READ .... MY .... LIPS....!!!!! - And it wouldn't even be quite on par with THAT one because IF it occurred it would be a "backdoor" tax increase by allowing a tax cut to expire, as opposed to:

NO ...... NEW ...... TAXES ...... !!! And then, OOPS....

Then we have:

"I MUST be given the authority to use force in Iraq because the U.S. is in IMMINENT DANGER of attack!!!!"

Yeah, that was kind of a doozie as well.....

So... Care to ammend your statement? "Greatest Con job" my a$$!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:15 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
I think the media realized if they want a bailout later they should be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies