Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:25 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
When will the right wing stop lying?? The reason it was pulled was because IT WAS INCORRECT.
BWAHAHAHA! How's that Koolaid taste?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
BWAHAHAHA! How's that Koolaid taste?
Umm, sorry but you are the one with the Koolaid. The article was pulled because what was said in the article about the budget was indeed false. The claims were directly refuted in the actual budget.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:50 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Umm, sorry but you are the one with the Koolaid. The article was pulled because what was said in the article about the budget was indeed false. The claims were directly refuted in the actual budget.
Yeah, and any sentient person having a concern for the difference between truth and falsehood would certainly have come to that conclusion by now. But the Whiners and Blabberers are not concerned with such a thing at all. They are concerned exclusively with the production of more Whining and Blabbering. Never mind your snakes and your parasites here. What one needs to do is ride down from there on the elevator until reaching the Whiner and Blabberer level to see how this really works. It's all really quite simple in the end. Incredibly pointless of course, but still quite simple.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
If Obama starts suggesting we take three minute showers, ala Chavez, he'll lose the vote of every self-respecting gal in America.

Hey now, don't laugh that could be coming. Us gals and three minute showers, don't think so.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:16 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Am I the only person here who really doesn't care if the story was accurate or not?

My concern is with the fact that the White House picked up the phone and made that call. Also troubling is that the news organization actually pulled the story - at the request of the White House.

The whole point of having a free press is to keep the government in check. If they're going to pull stories at the request of that government, we're all in trouble.

Also troubling is that they (apparently) didn't report on that phone call themselves. I would expect a respectable news organization to make a bit of noise about something like that.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Default Reuters, Yahoo, ABC, NBC all pulled this story

Fox never did?

But it's been proven false.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Am I the only person here who really doesn't care if the story was accurate or not?

My concern is with the fact that the White House picked up the phone and made that call. Also troubling is that the news organization actually pulled the story - at the request of the White House.

The whole point of having a free press is to keep the government in check. If they're going to pull stories at the request of that government, we're all in trouble.

Also troubling is that they (apparently) didn't report on that phone call themselves. I would expect a respectable news organization to make a bit of noise about something like that.
They called the Reuters White House news team, appropriately.

They said they were going to call out lies. Why is that a problem for you?

But I totally believe that you dont care if the story was accurate or not -- the most disturbing part of your and so many other Fox fans' posts.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:42 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
When will the right wing stop lying?? The reason it was pulled was because IT WAS INCORRECT.
Probably not in my lifetime. This is all they seem to do, they are the party of bullies and cheats. I have tried many times to be more open minded and listen to their side but most of the time with the exception of a few, I get nothing but distortion, lies, bias and biggotry. It is not party of nope, the party of "if you are not like us, you're a heathen".

I grew up in Massachusetts surrounded by liberals. My family consists mostly democrats but I tried to listen to conservatives because I wanted to know both sides but time and time again, the classless, tacky cheating ways turn me off and I disagree with their beliefs. Occasionally I listen to a Republican politician and some of the things they are saying I agree with but the fact that they align themselves with the bullies, tea party, biggots, racists and anti-everybody that is not a White Christian male is a turn off. Many of them base their vote solely on abortion and gay marriage. A lot of them were not outraged or even paying attention until Obama was elected and for those who haven't noticed not one Republican president has even attempted to overturn Roe V. Wade since they've been in office.

What a sad life one has to lead if their focus is just to bash the president and find something wrong every day. Rather than looking for anything positive, they are constantly looking for the negative. The glass is always half-emtpy. They still haven't figured out that people are tired of all the obstruction, lies and misinformation. Anyone with an inkling of intelligence should find these tactics insulting but they are driven by fear and ignorance so until that changes, I guess this is they way it goes.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:43 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
They called the Reuters White House news team, appropriately.

They said they were going to call out lies. Why is that a problem for you?

But I totally believe that you dont care if the story was accurate or not -- the most disturbing part of your and so many other Fox fans' posts.
Knock it off with the partisan BS. This story transcends petty Internet political sniping.

Stories are published every single day in virtually every newspaper with twisted facts and outright falsehoods. I don't see the White House on the phone to correct every single one of them - do you?

IMO, the proper move would have been to prepare a press release, or give someone in the WH press corps an interview for it.

I'm all for the President setting the record straight if he believes that a news story is inaccurate. Having the story REMOVED from the wire is NOT the way to do it, and I don't give a rats ass WHO is in office at the time it's done.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:57 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Since when is it the WH's job to correct all media fallacies and inaccuracies? The White House should be completely removed from the media as we have a free press. The press is allowed to print/post whatever stories it deems newsworthy as long as it is not slanderous. The proper thing would have been for the WH to either 1) ignore the news piece, or 2) put out a press release with the correct/factual information.

This smacks of interference of freedom of the press. The news organization should have just updated/corrected their information instead of taking orders from the WH and pulling the article.

This reminds me of the gag order the WH slapped on Humana when it sent a letter to its customers regarding possible changes in their coverage with the proposed health care legislation. What right did the WH have to interfere with a private company's business correspondence with its customers?

This is a disturbing trend with this administration. They continue to attempt to silence any opposition. Even if you love Obama, I don't understand how anyone can think this is okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies