Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:34 PM

536 posts, read 414,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
11 is young and I would think there would be risks to her health. I am basically pretty conservative but am not anti abortion when it is necessary. WHat a lot of trauma they put her through. Hope the clod/father goes to jail for a long time.
Yeah I am sure it put her through trauma. Doesn't the state she is from have abortion? I mean obviously the mother knew she was pregnant so even if she needed parental consent the mother knew about it. It is sad that a child both her and the baby had to go through this the babies father will be in prison for a long time and rightfully so and he may never know his mother. Crappy situation all around.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:49 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I am glad there are some who see this as a situation where abortion would be acceptable.

I don't even know why they would go through with the pregnancy at such a great risk to her health... if there was abuse I hope the family is investigated and measures taken to protect that baby.
I will address this from my sister's point of view (she can't speak for herself, she has left this mortal world already).

She got pregnant at age 14 (I know, much older than this poor child) and was told that her health was in jeopardy because of the pregnancy. The doctor suggested an abortion to which she and my parents agree to do.

Many years later she told me that their was never a day that went by that she did not wonder what her first child would have been like, and if she had made a mistake in not having her first baby.

Perhaps a girl this young would have been young enough to allow such a decision to affect her life as much as it affected my sister's, but we will never know.

The real questions that need to be asked are: Is this baby expected to keep her baby, or will someone adopt the baby instead?

What the hell are we doing as a society where grown men find it acceptable to want to have sex with 10 year old girls!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 03:11 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
She was pregnant when she was 10.

I'd like to ask people against abortion this question:

Considering her age and the danger to her health this pregnancy posed, would you have been against a legal abortion in this case had the child requested one?
I think 10 years of age is too young to even consent to sexual activity so we are talking about a rape case. I would not be opposed to the abortion but I worry about the child's emotional well-being afterwards. This kid will need lots of counseling and family support.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:12 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Are you sure about that? I heard on the news that there is a boyfriend (of the 11 year old) in the picture. There was no mention of rape or abuse. It was assumed to be the boyfriend's baby.

I checked, two different stories indeed. Either way, very sad.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:16 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Are you sure about that? I heard on the news that there is a boyfriend (of the 11 year old) in the picture. There was no mention of rape or abuse. It was assumed to be the boyfriend's baby.
Regardless of whether the father of the child was the mother's boyfriend or the little girl's boyfriend - this is a rape case as the child is too young to consent.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:38 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times
Why has this become an abortion issue? The baby is here, should it not be a what the hell are we as parents not doing to ensure that our babies don't make babies. Should we not be questioning what went wrong here that this CHILD thought it was ok to even think about having sex at 10? Sorry but abortion is not the issue here folks it is what are we as parents not teaching our children?

Old 02-05-2010, 03:42 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
No it's not. Obviously they should give the child up for adoption or the child's mother should raise him. No reason to abort.
rape is absolutely a reason. a pregnant 11 year old is absolutely a reason - physically, emotionally NOT ready to bear a child that came from a rape. I can hardly think of a better reason.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:44 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Regardless of whether the father of the child was the mother's boyfriend or the little girl's boyfriend - this is a rape case as the child is too young to consent.
Agreed, but the two scenarios are vastly different... equally disturbing but vastly different.

I once worked in the newborn nursery at this one hospital and there was a girl there who gave birth and she was only 13 years old. It was a very sad case to me, but her mother and several family members were all in the room with her celebrating. Sickening. I do believe CPS was called on that case.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I will address this from my sister's point of view (she can't speak for herself, she has left this mortal world already).

She got pregnant at age 14 (I know, much older than this poor child) and was told that her health was in jeopardy because of the pregnancy. The doctor suggested an abortion to which she and my parents agree to do.

Many years later she told me that their was never a day that went by that she did not wonder what her first child would have been like, and if she had made a mistake in not having her first baby.

Perhaps a girl this young would have been young enough to allow such a decision to affect her life as much as it affected my sister's, but we will never know.

The real questions that need to be asked are: Is this baby expected to keep her baby, or will someone adopt the baby instead?

What the hell are we doing as a society where grown men find it acceptable to want to have sex with 10 year old girls!!!
I'm sure that happens, but that does not mean it was the wrong decision.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,863,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
Nooo! that little baby boy might grow up to be the next Tim Tebow. We can not abort ANY baby because they may be a really, really good ball player in the future.

/sarcasm
Or he could grow up to be the first (bad) black president of the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies