Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times

Advertisements

I know that there is alot of people on this forum that believe that the only real terrorists are Bush and Cheney. So what do you think we should we do about this, nothing, should we take it serious, or is it really Karl Rove in diguise ? Qaeda warns of attacks 'worse than 9/11'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 08:15 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,157,230 times
Al Qaeda warns of attacks all the time, but why? Why does Al Qaeda want to attack the US? If you terrorize people they tend to want to do it back.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,334,287 times
Will the US withdraw troops from Muslim land? NO

Will the US cease supporting Israel? NO

Will the US free all Muslims from its prisons? NO

Then let's get ready for some more attacks.

I don't believe that Bush and Cheney are the only real terrorists. They just helped create more of them.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Al Qaeda warns of attacks all the time, but why? Why does Al Qaeda want to attack the US? If you terrorize people they tend to want to do it back.
Are you saying the US troops are terrorists?

Old 05-30-2007, 09:46 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,157,230 times
Quote:
Are you saying the US troops are terrorists?
Some US troops have done horrible things, but in general the US military doesn't target civilians etc. The word "terrorist" doesn't even have meaning anymore, so I don't even bother using it.

Anyhow, the US does terrorize people though and supports others that do the same. When pushed people will fight back.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:51 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,300,061 times
What would you call raping and murdering people when its not related to a military action??

Is that ok with you ?

Its not with me.

I might not care for Muslims but that doesn't mean I think its open season on them either.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:01 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Will the US withdraw troops from Muslim land? NO

Will the US cease supporting Israel? NO

Will the US free all Muslims from its prisons? NO

Then let's get ready for some more attacks.

I don't believe that Bush and Cheney are the only real terrorists. They just helped create more of them.
I agree with everything PHM wrote.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:23 AM

989 posts, read 2,762,677 times
Thumbs down Underhanded Trick at Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I know that there is alot of people on this forum that believe that the only real terrorists are Bush and Cheney. So what do you think we should we do about this, nothing, should we take it serious, or is it really Karl Rove in diguise ? Qaeda warns of attacks 'worse than 9/11'
I think this is a often-used right-wing ploy. You begin with an absurd statement and end with a different question (which distracted everyone else into answering instead). Since the Absurd statement is not refuted, on some level it begins to sink in as "Truth" (despite reality proving otherwise). Not ME!

Please post, for the personal edification of us all, the threads of people who claimed that the only terrorists are Bush and Cheney. Here's how to do if you don't know... Open two pages, one of which is your "new post" in this thread and in the other you look up and "quote" (with the quote button) the offending material... then copy and paste into your post for this thread.

Since you said "I know that there is a lot of people on this forum" and there are 100,000 users (with 800,000 posts), you should have no problem quickly finding 15-20 posts that support your claim (leave the user name in so we can verify... it's already in public domain so there is no harm in doing so). When you've done that, then we'll have a discussion about it. If not, then you were (like Rush Limbaugh) just Living in the "Fact-Free" Zone. Deal?

Old 05-30-2007, 10:47 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Lightbulb Who's the terrorists? Go figure!

This administration has entered into a situation that can not be corrected easily. Mistakes made in the beginning of 9/11 have caused continued problems with everything that this administration has attempted to do. Nothing positive has come from entering into war with Iraq, we are not safer today then before 9/11. We have spent more money in this war then in any other and we have not gained anything in the years that we’ve been there. If nothing else when looking back in time on this whole mess – one could easily see that this administration has done exactly what Ben Laden would have liked for us to do! Are Bush and Cheney terrorists? I think that they did as much or more damage to America and American then did any so named terrorists did.

You can win a battle but not the war! And we can continue this unthinkable disgusting war and never win. Who are the terrorists – those who continue to spend $500 billion and kill our sons and daughters for a cause that was misdirected in the beginning. These are misdirected and misused resources that would benefit our country in so many other positive ways. So who are the winners and the losers here? I guess Bush and Cheney haven’t done much in the way to help America after all.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:51 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,983,378 times
The more we fight 'Them',
The more we become them........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies