Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:30 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,715,840 times

Advertisements

Personally, I believe Al Queda is running on limited time. Globalization is tightening up in their region and it will soon constrict them like a boa snake. I say another 10 years and we should see the end of them. Unfortunately, 10 years is too much for the American people to stomach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 05:58 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Unfortunately, 10 years is too much for the American people to stomach.

Yep. Our ridiculously short attention spans are going to hurt us more than help us.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:35 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
you know,for the most part the U.S has been responsible with the power that it wields.No matter what,9-11 was unjustified,we wouldn't be in Iraq,Afghanistan or wherever IF they hadn't done the attack.

Am I going to say that the U.S. didn't dip its nose into foreign affairs IN THE PAST?..no,but so do other countries specially when banded together like the UN.

Before you say Iraq didn't have anything to do with 9-11...maybe, maybe not but because of it we went there.If the muslims really wanted us out of their lands,they went about it the wrong way because now we are there more then ever before.

Im tired of hearing how the U.S is a bully,what did you think we would do after 9- 11?The thing is though,we should have planned our retalliation better.

ARE YOU THREATENING ME?...we are past that,THEY ALREADY ATTACKED.

THESE PICS WILL REVAMP THE MEMORY.......

Old 05-30-2007, 07:05 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,334,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Im tired of hearing how the U.S is a bully,what did you think we would do after 9- 11?The thing is though,we should have planned our retalliation better.
Just a thought, retaliating against the right country and using all of our resources to catch or kill the ppl behind 9/11 instead of shifting resources and focus to a country that had no association with 9/11 sounds like a plan to me. A much better plan.

But what do I know.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:34 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Just a thought, retaliating against the right country and using all of our resources to catch or kill the ppl behind 9/11 instead of shifting resources and focus to a country that had no association with 9/11 sounds like a plan to me. A much better plan.

But what do I know.
I agree,as I said in my quote,but what Im talking about is all the threads and talk about how the U.S is bullying,questions about "why does the world hate the U.S and stuff.If the world "hates us" because of only being in Iraq,THEN COME ON......the muslim terrorists do alot more hate filled or unjustified acts then the U.S has..

No one ever questions Afghanistan,we are there too,are we bullies to the world because of that?So when ever foreigner says he hates America because of Bush,why? just because of Iraq or other things too?.Why do people focus so much on one thing...Iraq when ever day we see what muslims do?What is it about Iraq that the world denounces us so when everday there is a dirty little war going on somewhere that they don't give 2 s***'s about?

Bush Bush Bush,its all about Bush,because other presidents have sent troops abroad and no European said nada about that..so is it because of Iraq or is it because they are more leftist and don't like Bush's politics because he is not?So why don't we start having foreigners elect a president for us so we can be easy going for the rest of the world?...wait,foreigners already have helped elect a president,China and Indonesia during the 96 campaign...supporting ugh you know who.

Last edited by lionking; 05-30-2007 at 07:43 PM..

Old 05-30-2007, 08:23 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Great posts Lionking! I admit I often forget about 9-11, but everytime I see images of that horrific day, my heart sinks. Ill never forget getting woken up (I was on a night shift at the time) by my wife and sitting staring at the TV all afternoon (going on 2 hours of sleep) watching the horrid images unfold. I watched the two towers collapse, I watched the 2nd plane smash into the towers, I watched as men and women jumped from the buildings.... ugh. May the terrorists suffer. One of my favorite tunes from Metallica is titled "Dont tread on me". I want to share the lyrics with you all, theyre awesome! This song was titled after the old Revolutionary War flag that had the timber rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus) and the colonies' names under it, with the heading "dont tread on me".

"Liberty or Death, what we so proudly hail.
Once you provoke her, rattling of her tail.
Never begins it. Never, but once engaged.
Never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage.

So be it, threaten no more.
To secure the peace is to prepare for war.
So be it, settle the score.
Touch me again for the words that you will hear evermore:

DONT TREAD ON ME.

Love it or leave it, she with the deadly bite.
Quick is the blue tongue, forked as a lightning strike.
Shining with brightness, always on surveillance.
The eyes that never close, emblem of vigilance.

Repeat chorus.

Man, I love that song. Man, I love this country.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:35 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
you know,for the most part the U.S has been responsible with the power that it wields.No matter what,9-11 was unjustified,we wouldn't be in Iraq,Afghanistan or wherever IF they hadn't done the attack.

Am I going to say that the U.S. didn't dip its nose into foreign affairs IN THE PAST?..no,but so do other countries specially when banded together like the UN.

Before you say Iraq didn't have anything to do with 9-11...maybe, maybe not but because of it we went there.If the muslims really wanted us out of their lands,they went about it the wrong way because now we are there more then ever before.

ARE YOU THREATENING ME?...we are past that,THEY ALREADY ATTACKED.

THESE PICS WILL REVAMP THE MEMORY.......

well done lk well done!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:50 PM

572 posts, read 2,089,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post

But what do I know.
Couldn't agree more. I fail to see the clear ties between 9/11 and Iraq. Everytime the question is asked, the answer is "WMDs, which the dems voted to get rid of too." Gotta love it.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Something was accomplished. Bush got his vengeance against Saddam for threatening Bush's father. This is the reason we are in Iraq.

Just to prove that Bush is a more effective terrorist than Saddam Hussein.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:50 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
[quote=GregW;804158

Just to prove that Bush is a more effective terrorist than Saddam Hussein.[/QUOTE]

and evelo didnt think you guys existed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies