Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:10 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,717 times

Advertisements

I am really surprised at this number being as high as it is. You get that general feeling that people are waking up to the lack of change and the destroying of hope that BO has accomplished so far. He pretty much is not very intelligent and comes across as a self-serving elitist.

I mean seriously, besides a crooked deal on the health care bill, what has he done? He has made our country weaker economically and throughout the world. He is rapidly just becoming not only a joke, but a punchline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 09:11 AM

631 posts, read 1,290,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
And Gallup has Obama approval at 50% as of March 30.
yeah when will people learn that these polls just don't matter? bush got re-elected didn't he??

Old 04-02-2010, 09:17 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I am really surprised at this number being as high as it is. You get that general feeling that people are waking up to the lack of change and the destroying of hope that BO has accomplished so far. He pretty much is not very intelligent and comes across as a self-serving elitist.

I mean seriously, besides a crooked deal on the health care bill, what has he done? He has made our country weaker economically and throughout the world.
Quote:
He is rapidly just becoming not only a joke, but a punchline.
Well......SNL and Fox News have thought so for the longest time.

Amusing....if it weren't so pathetic and sad for this nation and its citizens, who I like to believe.......truly deserve BETTER!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 AM

631 posts, read 1,290,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post

I mean seriously, besides a crooked deal on the health care bill, what has he done? He has made our country weaker economically and throughout the world. He is rapidly just becoming not only a joke, but a punchline.
Your perception of reality troubles me.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:27 AM

50 posts, read 77,405 times
Default CBS Poll: A new low @ 44% Approval

He wasn't voted in to win a popularity contest.

What you have to do is review his campaign and compare it with what he has accomplished since taking office in 200....................... HAHAHAHAHAHHAA sorry folks, I lost it on that one

Old 04-02-2010, 09:55 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
The 14% favorable on congress say more than any presidental poll. That is the lowest in history of the congress.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Perhaps his drop in the polls explains his new found love for our military. This White House has to learn when you drop an egg on the floor it does not bounce. Thinking he will get a bounce in the polls he lays more eggs.
I don't think his "love" for the military is being taken too seriously by too many, but I do think his staff hoped it would help..They are willing to try anything right now..

Nita

Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
yeah when will people learn that these polls just don't matter? bush got re-elected didn't he??
were his poll numbers at 50% or less (these are people who would vote for him again, not just approval ratings) less than 2 years after his election? I don't think so.............

To: questionthis: we are not talking about likability, we are talking about how many would vote for him or his approval rating as a President. Yes, he wasn't elected to win a popularity contest, thank God for that. The issues right now have nothing to do with how many like him as a person.

I would add one thing, daily polls really don't make or break a candidate, they are nothing but indicators...

Nita

Old 04-02-2010, 10:43 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I wonder how the Rhode Island flooded out people feel. He flew right by them and only stopped briefly in Massachussets for a last minute photo op.
I saw a video of a poor woman who was trying to sell her house for months and now it got flooded. She was able to smile and laugh about it, though. Another woman said that she was underwater on her mortgage and now the house was literally underwater. You have to admire yankee toughness.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
were his poll numbers at 50% or less (these are people who would vote for him again, not just approval ratings) less than 2 years after his election? I don't think so.............

To: questionthis: we are not talking about likability, we are talking about how many would vote for him or his approval rating as a President. Yes, he wasn't elected to win a popularity contest, thank God for that. The issues right now have nothing to do with how many like him as a person.

I would add one thing, daily polls really don't make or break a candidate, they are nothing but indicators...

Nita
>>>> Obama was elected in a popularity contest. That was the what the election came down to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies