Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 01:59 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If you have a party in your home and serve someone who is drunk you can be prosecuted as well. Goolge it yourself.
But you aren't charged as an accessory to the crime the drunk driver got like if you were an accessory to murder, you'd be charged with the same murder as the person who actually carried it out.. A bartender will be charged with violating a dram shop act, for serving a visibibly intoxicated customer, and not all states do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 02:01 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If you have a party in your home and serve someone who is drunk you can be prosecuted as well. Goolge it yourself.
I'm not denying it, and i'll admit it is now a bad example, but this is not the primary discussion in the thread so lets stay on track, I can't speak for you but I think we are having good debates.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:03 PM

And in states like california, you can be sued by an intruder if you don't properly maintain your stairwell, and the robbery injures himself due to the defect that you did not fix.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
But you aren't charged as an accessory to the crime the drunk driver got like if you were an accessory to murder, you'd be charged with the same murder as the person who actually carried it out.. A bartender will be charged with violating a dram shop act, for serving a visibibly intoxicated customer, and not all states do this.
STAY ON TOPIC O_O

I'm the stay on topic nazi xD lol

Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
As far as the pulling out, yes it doesn't have a high success rate but it is not a joke, in a list reviewed by Larissa Hirsch, MD on Birth Control Methods: How Well Do They Work? it states if 100 people pull out using this method only 27 out of 100 will mostly likely get pregnant. Look for yourself.

I'm sorry you wish to think that it is a fact that abstaining from sex isn't really possible in society, but just so you know, I've lived in the real world too. I wasn't home schooled and I didn't even go to a boys only or private school. I wasn't spanked if I had bad thoughts, and had hormones raging through me for many years just like many other people. But here is the difference, I can control myself . Yea shocking I know. Its kind of sad to think isn't it that are society can do so many things but one thing that they can't seem to do is have sex responsibly. Thats why there has to be real world consequences, that you can't just say woops and go make it go bye bye. If a fat guy keeps eating food he will have less time to live, sucks but that is the way it is.

Your right birth control fails, but after you do everything you can (my list wasn't just pulling out and condoms), you do more, once again . You make sure you are financially able to raise a baby. Yea school might be jeopardized but hey you knew better but didn't listen (to that thing called abstinence). Responsibility is what we should be preaching in this country (for many other issues too) not just oh you made a mistake here is a way out of it.
you are still misunderstanding my question. not all people can or will abstain, birth control fails. now what. you want to force women to give birth against their will and raise it as well, or should she be just give it away to a couple who wants children?

and yes, in the adult world pulling out is a joke!

Old 06-09-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
STAY ON TOPIC O_O

I'm the stay on topic nazi xD lol

he does this so he won't have to answer the questions...still waiting bet.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you are still misunderstanding my question. not all people can or will abstain, birth control fails. now what. you want to force women to give birth against their will and raise it as well, or should she be just give it away to a couple who wants children?

If that's the case, why does the child have to pay the price for someone else's inabaility to abstain or the failure of BC when you very well know what sex is?

Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
If that's the case, why does the child have to pay the price for someone else's inabaility to abstain or the failure of BC when you very well know what sex is?
you still have not answered the question if you prefer women to be forced to give birth against their will or forced to seek out back alley abotions if abortion was illegal.

to your question above, again a woman who has done all they can to not be pregnant she should not be forced to bear a child, raise it or give it up for adoption just because her BC failed. women have the right to control our own reproductive systems

Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
I'm not the one who thinks I have a fundamental right to kill my child becaues it's not convenient to me.
An abortion isn't killing a child. It is removing an embryo. And the law doesn't particularly care if you agree with the terminology, or the act. The law allows for the removal, end of discussion. Your histrionics are laughable. Hence, my comment about the irony of you mentioning sociopathic tendencies when describing people who are pro-choice.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

Part 2:

I don't see how, pulling out isn't scientific and you don't need to buy anything to do it so that may be why you think its a joke but as far as I know you need to ejaculate into the vagina in order for the sperm to move up the woman to the egg and if you ejaculate into a towel or on her (her choice or you get slapped) it doesn't enter her? Sure some people can't hold it or don't know when they are about to climax but for those who do can you explain how it wouldn't work?

Part 1: Ok for those people who don't abstain and ALL methods of birth control fail, they should hopefully be happy they were prepared financially and then yes they should have the baby, its the consequence of not abstaining (which is possible just so you know), and I don't mind if she puts it in for adoption, she needs to know that having sex can create a life, but if she cannot raise the child put it up for an adoption. Commence with you adoption horror stories *prepares the "research adoption agencies rebuttal"*.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies