Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pay to hear Bristol Palin give a speech?
Yes 8 6.90%
No 103 88.79%
Not sure 5 4.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Bristol did not kill her baby and her mother didn't either.
Is that why you are throwing up in your mouth?
I would be throwing up all over the place if they had!!!
She took the high road and she is to be respected for that!
For me, sickening is the "Adoration of the Madonna " syndrome that SOME display towards a teen who couldn't keep her legs together (the REPUGS answer to teen pregnancy)...nothing like praising something that we wish teens wouldn't do

Oh, and as for Bristol's choice as to having the baby???....she had NO choice......so please let's not praise her for that! High road??? NO, the ONLY road she could take.....that's NOT a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 04:41 PM

38 posts, read 71,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I think I just threw up in my mouth.
Outstanding...! You deserve it...

Old 05-18-2010, 04:48 PM

37,217 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Bristol did not kill her baby and her mother didn't either.
Is that why you are throwing up in your mouth?
I would be throwing up all over the place if they had!!!
She took the high road and she is to be respected for that!
Her mother did at least have the decency to get married when she got knocked up.

Apparently Sarah didn't teach Bristol much of anything at all about sex, babies, or common decency.

Of course, Sarah may have been too busy with politics to be much of a mother. Everyone has priorities.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:53 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""Way to go Bristol!
You took a bad situation and made something positive out of it!"""

YES! Please Bristol DO tell all those young girls how having a baby is SOOOOOOOOOOO WONDERFUL! Why NOT SCREW around and have unprotected sex with lots of people 'cause you can make MONEY talking about it!!!

Great message!!!!

Don't forget the part about making sure you have an equally money hungry mama to smooth every bump in the road!!! A rich mama to make sure that without an education or a real job life as a single mom is heaven!!!

I think people who applaud teens having sex and getting pregnant have a screw loose.....aren't they the ones who scream Keep Your Legs Together!!!
We applaud them when they choose to grow up and have them instead of killing them.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:57 PM

Also she deserves every penny she earns BECAUSE she is helping others to do the opposite of what she did.
Instead of putting her down, why don't you ask yourself why you hate her so much.
It is sick.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:03 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:

YES! Please Bristol DO tell all those young girls how having a baby is SOOOOOOOOOOO WONDERFUL! Why NOT SCREW around and have unprotected sex with lots of people 'cause you can make MONEY talking about it!!!

Great message!!!!

Don't forget the part about making sure you have an equally money hungry mama to smooth every bump in the road!!! A rich mama to make sure that without an education or a real job life as a single mom is heaven!!!

I think people who applaud teens having sex and getting pregnant have a screw loose.....aren't they the ones who scream Keep Your Legs Together!!!
Quote:
No, I'm saying that BRISTOL has nothing to say BUT "Hey, have unprotected sex, having a baby is WONderful!"

And it's not a very good message.....what else WOULD she say???

No, I agree with Palin on nothing.....but I like to point out that while Repugs scream Keep Your Legs Together they have nothing but adoration for Bristol The Loose Leg Opener.

I believe teens WILL have sex (they've been doing so for several thousand years), abstinence only is ridiculous, so they should have PROTECTED sex....
Quote:
We applaud them when they choose to grow up and have them instead of killing them.
Oh, and as for Bristol's choice as to having the baby???....she had NO choice......so please let's not praise her for that! High road??? NO, the ONLY road she could take.....that's NOT a choice.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Also she deserves every penny she earns BECAUSE she is helping others to do the opposite of what she did.
Instead of putting her down, why don't you ask yourself why you hate her so much.
It is sick.
Lot's of teen moms would like to "help" to the tune of $15K or so as well but that isn't happening. Do you know why? It's not because she is special, it's because of a twist of fate. There is no reason to admire Bristol any more than the next gal. Nobody "hates" her, they just recognize things for what they are.

In the same vein, I don't "hate" Paris Hilton either but I'm smart enough to know that she does not deserves the power and popularity she has either. Again, it's nothing special SHE did, it's just a twist of fate.

So tell me, why does she DESERVE any money? I'm not saying she shouldn't grab whatever she can, while she can, I'm just curious about why YOU think she deserves it more than, say, the 17 year old unmarried single mom down the block.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:10 PM

May be a twist of fate but read the responses about this kid.
They hate her.
I am sticking up for her because she made a mistake and she is trying.
They hate her mother too.
I would really hate for people to hate my mother, wouldn't you?
I feel sorry for her, she is trying to do what is right, so what if she makes money?

Old 05-18-2010, 05:17 PM

37,217 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
May be a twist of fate but read the responses about this kid.
They hate her.
Not in the least.

We all ARE, however, really confused as to what she is supposed to be a poster child for and what she brings to the table.

Don't get knocked up? Didn't work for her.
Just Say no? Hasn't worked since the Garden of Eden.
Teens shouldn't have babies? Oh, but look how cute he is and I'm doing OK, aren't I?

This whole deal is a blatantly transparent attempt by a PR man somewhere to cash in on Sarah's misbegotten run for VP. I think it reeks to High Heaven. Bristol hasn't learned $30,000 worth of anything in her short time on this planet, and I can't imagine what sort of Bozos would pony up that amount to hear her tell everything she knows.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:22 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Who is a better spokesperson addressing the problem of teen pregnancy--an uptight "repug" saying "just keep your legs crossed, dearie, and you'll be OK" or a teenager who made the mistake, recognizes that she made a mistake, is paying the price for having made the mistake and now hopes to discourage other teens from making the same mistake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies