Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pay to hear Bristol Palin give a speech?
Yes 8 6.90%
No 103 88.79%
Not sure 5 4.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:02 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times

Advertisements

Way to go Bristol!
You took a bad situation and made something positive out of it!
You grew up!!!
Now you are able to help other girls and make money on top of it.
No killing for you, you accept responsbility for your actions and will be a great mother.
Just like your Mother before you..
I applaud you and hope all your dreams come true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Way to go Bristol!
You grew up!!!
No killing for you, you accept responsbility for your actions and will be a great mother.
I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:16 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So you admit to being bias but want to be taken seriously? Well at least you admit it I suppose.

Are you upset over the Teen Moms cashing in on being teen moms for the TV show on MTV? There is also the show 16 and Pregnant are you just as upset with them? b

I dont get how this is any of your business to be honest?

Yeah lets just pass out condoms and hope for the best We need more teens having babies in this world.
I have never seen the Teen Mom's show, sounds horrific.
I never said it was my business, but this is a public forum where one is allowed to express an opinion, which I have.
Passing out condoms seems a whole lot smarter to me than preaching abstinence. Once again, this is only my opinion

Old 05-18-2010, 12:23 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I have never seen the Teen Mom's show, sounds horrific.
I never said it was my business, but this is a public forum where one is allowed to express an opinion, which I have.
Passing out condoms seems a whole lot smarter to me than preaching abstinence. Once again, this is only my opinion
Its actually a great show. I think all teens should have to watch it. Teens tend to not listen to adults. So when they see other teens struggling to go through being pregnant and then having the baby and school.

See I think the intelligent thing to do is talk to them about both. Trying to get them to not have sex at all. But if they are going to have safe sex. But not having sex should be the choice.

Anyway kinda hard to talk to about something that admits to being bias about the topic.

have a nice day

Old 05-18-2010, 01:28 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Way to go Bristol!
You grew up!!!
"""Way to go Bristol!
You took a bad situation and made something positive out of it!"""

YES! Please Bristol DO tell all those young girls how having a baby is SOOOOOOOOOOO WONDERFUL! Why NOT SCREW around and have unprotected sex with lots of people 'cause you can make MONEY talking about it!!!

Great message!!!!

Don't forget the part about making sure you have an equally money hungry mama to smooth every bump in the road!!! A rich mama to make sure that without an education or a real job life as a single mom is heaven!!!

I think people who applaud teens having sex and getting pregnant have a screw loose.....aren't they the ones who scream Keep Your Legs Together!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:08 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""Way to go Bristol!
You took a bad situation and made something positive out of it!"""

YES! Please Bristol DO tell all those young girls how having a baby is SOOOOOOOOOOO WONDERFUL! Why NOT SCREW around and have unprotected sex with lots of people 'cause you can make MONEY talking about it!!!

Great message!!!!

Don't forget the part about making sure you have an equally money hungry mama to smooth every bump in the road!!! A rich mama to make sure that without an education or a real job life as a single mom is heaven!!!

I think people who applaud teens having sex and getting pregnant have a screw loose.....aren't they the ones who scream Keep Your Legs Together!!!
Arent you saying they should keep their legs closed also? So seems you agree with Palin on this issue. I think its great that you and Palin have something in common

Where do you get that Bristol is going to go around telling teens to have sex? Having a baby is wonderful but I dont think she is recommending teens have babies.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I think the only people who may be envious of Bristol are other teens who had a baby but find that nobody wants to pay them $$ to speak or consider them heros. In fact, they are frowned upon and often unable to find work.

Bristol is doing just what her mom is doing, cashing in on the infamy and striking while the iron is hot. There doesn't have to be substance to anything they do as long as they repeat a couple of key phrases that their fans like to hear. It's that way for all people who land in the public eye.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Arent you saying they should keep their legs closed also? So seems you agree with Palin on this issue. I think its great that you and Palin have something in common

Where do you get that Bristol is going to go around telling teens to have sex? Having a baby is wonderful but I dont think she is recommending teens have babies.
No, I'm saying that BRISTOL has nothing to say BUT "Hey, have unprotected sex, having a baby is WONderful!"

And it's not a very good message.....what else WOULD she say???

No, I agree with Palin on nothing.....but I like to point out that while Repugs scream Keep Your Legs Together they have nothing but adoration for Bristol The Loose Leg Opener.

I believe teens WILL have sex (they've been doing so for several thousand years), abstinence only is ridiculous, so they should have PROTECTED sex....

Old 05-18-2010, 04:04 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
Bristol did not kill her baby and her mother didn't either.
Is that why you are throwing up in your mouth?
I would be throwing up all over the place if they had!!!
She took the high road and she is to be respected for that!

Old 05-18-2010, 04:09 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Bristol Palin's New Job: $30,000 A Speech | RadarOnline.com

Bristol Palin Signs Deal For Up To $30,000 Per Speech: Report

If Bristol Palin wanted me to listen to her talk, she'd have to pay me!

I wonder how much she charges to get her pregnant.
When you're a high school dropout with a bastard child, no husband, and no other prospects to feed him, I guess you have to do what you have to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies