Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pay to hear Bristol Palin give a speech?
Yes 8 6.90%
No 103 88.79%
Not sure 5 4.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:53 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Earning? Where else can she "earn" $30,000 a year as a HS dropout, much less for a single appearance telling people not to do as she does, do as she says do?

Had it not been for Mama there would be no possibility whatever that she would be offered anything at all to speak to anyone about anything. If she is worth $30,000 for a lecture, why isn't a teen mother from the projects in L.A. worth $30,000 a speech? Bristol is very, very much dependent on her mother to make a living. I doubt she could hold a real job with no skills except as a babysitter.

Why isn't she going to college so she can learn something and get a real job?
There is many high school drop outs that earn 30k a year.

So what if she has an advantage because of her mother. You think shes the only person to have 1 because of a parent? I mean come on thats just silly.

Mtv is paying many teens to be on a show called Teen moms. How much do you think they earn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
My goodness! I can't believe there are people like you in this day and age who have never heard of birth control....really!?!?
No really

WoW *rolls eyes*

Old 05-18-2010, 05:56 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,076,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Bristol Palin's New Job: $30,000 A Speech | RadarOnline.com

Bristol Palin Signs Deal For Up To $30,000 Per Speech: Report

If Bristol Palin wanted me to listen to her talk, she'd have to pay me!

I wonder how much she charges to get her pregnant.
That isn't very civil.

You progressives had better start seeking therapy for "Palin derangement syndrome".

If a group is willing to pay her, what does it matter to you anyway?

Old 05-18-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
She was the pregnant daughter of a (unsuccessful )VP REPUBLICAN candidate...she had NO choice but to have the baby....so praising her for keeping it is stupid.
You sure do assume a lot. You assume to know her speech is telling teens to have sex. You assume she didnt want to keep the baby.

There is always a choice . No matter how much you wish to make believe otherwise. Wait we can assume there isnt always a choice.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That isn't very civil.

You progressives had better start seeking therapy for "Palin derangement syndrome".

If a group is willing to pay her, what does it matter to you anyway?
Dont you know what republicans do in their private lives is democrats/liberals business. But what a democrat /liberal does is no ones business.

Just ignore how they talk about what people do in their bedrooms is their business ( which it is) but that doesnt apply to republicans only democrat/liberals / progressives

Old 05-18-2010, 06:03 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,216,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Bristol Palin's New Job: $30,000 A Speech | RadarOnline.com

Bristol Palin Signs Deal For Up To $30,000 Per Speech: Report

If Bristol Palin wanted me to listen to her talk, she'd have to pay me!

I wonder how much she charges to get her pregnant.

good grief
you are just pissed because someone pays her big bucks, how much do you make talking...let's see...zip nadda, nothing
and what a repulsive sexist statement, but who is surprised??

Old 05-18-2010, 06:08 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No it didn't work for her but her message might work for someone else. Does that mean we stop trying? I dint understand your logic it didn't work for Bristol so that must mean it will never work

Teens dint listen to adults. We tell a teen something and they want to do the opposite of what we say. So thats why we need other teens to talk to teens because they will listen.

Why are you all so upset with her earning a dollar. Its almost like some would rather she be on welfare or dependent on her mother.

Why do you think those teens that does the show for MTV 16 and Preg or teen moms does those shows? Dont you think its partly because of the money and because of the message they can share with other teens.
Maybe the one on welfare would have a bigger impact than the one earning the big bucks? A "scared straight" type of thing.

Seriously though, what can she actually say? She HAD sex, she HAD the baby, and unless she is going to talk about how she regrets all that (and how can she? SHE HAS THE BABY!!) there isn't much she can say or do that will encourage abstinence in anyone. Her life turned out fine, and that's all anyone is going to see.

I'd be more impressed if she continued her education and got a regular job, that's something others can aspire to do. Nobody else can get by doing what Bristol is doing and THAT is the problem with this.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Maybe the one on welfare would have a bigger impact than the one earning the big bucks? A "scared straight" type of thing.

Seriously though, what can she actually say? She HAD sex, she HAD the baby, and unless she is going to talk about how she regrets all that (and how can she? SHE HAS THE BABY!!) there isn't much she can say or do that will encourage abstinence in anyone. Her life turned out fine, and that's all anyone is going to see.

I'd be more impressed if she continued her education and got a regular job, that's something others can aspire to do. Nobody else can get by doing what Bristol is doing and THAT is the problem with this.
Great post!

And "Seriously though, what can she actually say?"

says it all.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,265,197 times
Quote:
There is many high school drop outs that earn 30k a year.

So what if she has an advantage because of her mother. You think shes the only person to have 1 because of a parent? I mean come on thats just silly.

Mtv is paying many teens to be on a show called Teen moms. How much do you think they earn?
Then why "isn't" she working at one of those jobs to support her child? Better yet, why isn't the father supporting the child?

My guess, if they are indeed paid, would be scale. If they appear they get a certain amount, if they speak more than x number of words they get more.

Either way, a LOT less than 30K.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:17 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
Quote:
Dont you know what republicans do in their private lives is democrats/liberals business. But what a democrat /liberal does is no ones business.

Just ignore how they talk about what people do in their bedrooms is their business ( which it is) but that doesnt apply to republicans only democrat/liberals / progressives
"""Dont you know what republicans do in their private lives """

Private!?

Going on a speaking tour to talk about having an illigitimate baby, having sex as a teenager..giving speeches about it... is PRIVATE!????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies