Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pay to hear Bristol Palin give a speech?
Yes 8 6.90%
No 103 88.79%
Not sure 5 4.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:25 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, I'm saying that BRISTOL has nothing to say BUT "Hey, have unprotected sex, having a baby is WONderful!"

And it's not a very good message.....what else WOULD she say???

No, I agree with Palin on nothing.....but I like to point out that while Repugs scream Keep Your Legs Together they have nothing but adoration for Bristol The Loose Leg Opener.

I believe teens WILL have sex (they've been doing so for several thousand years), abstinence only is ridiculous, so they should have PROTECTED sex....
Really thats all you think she has to say? You dont think she might talk about not having sex or what its like to be a teen with a baby.How hard it is to be a teen with a baby. But instead you assume that shes going to go around telling teens to have sex

your previous post said that " I think people who applaud teens having sex and getting pregnant have a screw loose..." So wouldnt that mean that you dont approve of teens having sex? Which means you agree with Palin on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not in the least.

We all ARE, however, really confused as to what she is supposed to be a poster child for and what she brings to the table.

Don't get knocked up? Didn't work for her.
Just Say no? Hasn't worked since the Garden of Eden.
Teens shouldn't have babies? Oh, but look how cute he is and I'm doing OK, aren't I?

This whole deal is a blatantly transparent attempt by a PR man somewhere to cash in on Sarah's misbegotten run for VP. I think it reeks to High Heaven. Bristol hasn't learned $30,000 worth of anything in her short time on this planet, and I can't imagine what sort of Bozos would pony up that amount to hear her tell everything she knows.
No it didnt work for her but her message might work for someone else. Does that mean we stop trying? I dont understand your logic it didnt work for Bristol so that must mean it will never work

Teens dont listen to adults. We tell a teen something and they want to do the opposite of what we say. So thats why we need other teens to talk to teens because they will listen.

Why are you all so upset with her earning a dollar. Its almost like some would rather she be on welfare or dependent on her mother.

Why do you think those teens that does the show for MTV 16 and Preg or teen moms does those shows? Dont you think its partly because of the money and because of the message they can share with other teens.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:29 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not in the least.

We all ARE, however, really confused as to what she is supposed to be a poster child for and what she brings to the table.

Don't get knocked up? Didn't work for her.
Just Say no? Hasn't worked since the Garden of Eden.
Teens shouldn't have babies? Oh, but look how cute he is and I'm doing OK, aren't I?

This whole deal is a blatantly transparent attempt by a PR man somewhere to cash in on Sarah's misbegotten run for VP. I think it reeks to High Heaven. Bristol hasn't learned $30,000 worth of anything in her short time on this planet, and I can't imagine what sort of Bozos would pony up that amount to hear her tell everything she knows.
That's exactly right. I don't hate the girl, or her mother, or anyone for that matter. But, I also don't respect either one. The poor girl had and kept this baby, because she had to, not because she actually had a choice. As a teen mother with a high school education, Bristol would be lucky to hold an assistant manager position in retail making 8 bucks an hour, but here she is, cashing in...so very Palin like. Also, the fact that she is not encouraging safe sex, still the same abstinence only stance, blah, blah, blah, irks the heck out of me.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:41 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No it didnt work for her but her message might work for someone else. Does that mean we stop trying? I dont understand your logic it didnt work for Bristol so that must mean it will never work

Teens dont listen to adults. We tell a teen something and they want to do the opposite of what we say. So thats why we need other teens to talk to teens because they will listen.

Why are you all so upset with her earning a dollar. Its almost like some would rather she be on welfare or dependent on her mother.

Why do you think those teens that does the show for MTV 16 and Preg or teen moms does those shows? Dont you think its partly because of the money and because of the message they can share with other teens.
Earning? Where else can she "earn" $30,000 a year as a HS dropout, much less for a single appearance telling people not to do as she does, do as she says do?

Had it not been for Mama there would be no possibility whatever that she would be offered anything at all to speak to anyone about anything. If she is worth $30,000 for a lecture, why isn't a teen mother from the projects in L.A. worth $30,000 a speech? Bristol is very, very much dependent on her mother to make a living. I doubt she could hold a real job with no skills except as a babysitter.

Why isn't she going to college so she can learn something and get a real job?

Old 05-18-2010, 05:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Really thats all you think she has to say? You dont think she might talk about not having sex or what its like to be a teen with a baby.How hard it is to be a teen with a baby. But instead you assume that shes going to go around telling teens to have sex

your previous post said that " I think people who applaud teens having sex and getting pregnant have a screw loose..." So wouldnt that mean that you dont approve of teens having sex? Which means you agree with Palin on that.
"""So wouldnt that mean that you dont approve of teens having sex? Which means you agree with Palin on that."""

No, dearrrrrrrrrr, follow closely, I was referring to those posting in here who applauded Bristol....a teen who had sex..... I NEVER would applaud teens having sex....whether I , or palin, approve , doesn't mean a thing...teens have sex....I REALLY don't approve of them having babies.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
May be a twist of fate but read the responses about this kid.
They hate her.
I am sticking up for her because she made a mistake and she is trying.
They hate her mother too.
I would really hate for people to hate my mother, wouldn't you?
I feel sorry for her, she is trying to do what is right, so what if she makes money?
A. I have never posted that I hate the Palins....so you are a li-- .....you are in "error".
B.She doesn't have to "try" very hard with a millionaire elitist mother.

C. How childish for you to worry about stranger's feelings for your mother....weird!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
That's exactly right. I don't hate the girl, or her mother, or anyone for that matter. But, I also don't respect either one. The poor girl had and kept this baby, because she had to, not because she actually had a choice. As a teen mother with a high school education, Bristol would be lucky to hold an assistant manager position in retail making 8 bucks an hour, but here she is, cashing in...so very Palin like. Also, the fact that she is not encouraging safe sex, still the same abstinence only stance, blah, blah, blah, irks the heck out of me.
Did she tell you that she had no choice but keep the baby and that she didnt want to?

Why do you begrudge her cashing in?
Just wonderin

Old 05-18-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""So wouldnt that mean that you dont approve of teens having sex? Which means you agree with Palin on that."""

No, dearrrrrrrrrr, follow closely, I was referring to those posting in here who applauded Bristol....a teen who had sex..... I NEVER would applaud teens having sex....whether I , or palin, approve , doesn't mean a thing...teens have sex....I REALLY don't approve of them having babies.
So you'd rather they just abort them all? Since you admit they are going to have sex no matter what.

"I NEVER would applaud teens having sex....whether I , or palin, approve , doesn't mean a thing" << Means you and Palin agree on something because I doubt she applauds it either. So Yes Dearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it does.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Did she tell you that she had no choice but keep the baby and that she didnt want to?

Why do you begrudge her cashing in?
Just wonderin
She was the pregnant daughter of a (unsuccessful )VP REPUBLICAN candidate...she had NO choice but to have the baby....so praising her for keeping it is stupid.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
So you'd rather they just abort them all? Since you admit they are going to have sex no matter what.

"I NEVER would applaud teens having sex....whether I , or palin, approve , doesn't mean a thing" << Means you and Palin agree on something because I doubt she applauds it either."""

So Yes Dearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it does.
My goodness! I can't believe there are people like you in this day and age who have never heard of birth control....really!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies