Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Heritage Oaks Homeowners: Are you satisfied with the quality of the landscaping maintenance services
Yes 10 37.04%
No 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:45 AM

4 posts, read 14,332 times

Advertisements

I was living in Aventura for 9 years and now am in New York near family. Can't take the cold though. Am considering a workout offer from my lender which would take me back to PSL. I am just afraid I won't be able to find a job and new friends.
I'm a writer and do PR and marketing.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:57 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,197,078 times
New news for us at Tradition...

The Outlet Mall is OUT. In todays paper. Because of the economy they have decided to not go forward.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:26 PM

36 posts, read 185,652 times
Hello Ahauben : )

All of the state of Florida (and most of the south in general) has red/fire ants, alligators & most of the 'wildlife' I mentioned in my previous related post. You didn't see those things when you lived in Aventura because Aventura is a densely populated city environment; it's mainly concrete & high rises, plus it's right on the ocean. As you move further from the city areas, you begin to see more & more of Florida's natural wildlife. What we have here in PSL is actually quite similar to what's in Coral Springs, Boynton Beach, Wellington, Boca Raton, etc. But, because PSL is still much less densely populated with people and structures (so far), we see a bit more of the wildlife here. Fact is, no matter where you buy a house in FL, you will want to treat your lawn to repell red/fire ants, and if you are near a water area (non-ocean) you may want to fence or screen-in your yard to protect against alligators and other critters. These are all just common Florida issues for homeowners. But hey, it's a fair trade-off for the gorgeous weather and beautiful surroundings we get to enjoy. And, if you reeeeally can't handle the wildlife, you can always trade your house in later on for a highrise condo on the beach : )

Your house in Heritage Oaks is currently under-valued just like every house everywhere currently is. But this housing market crash won't last forever. PSL is a beautiful place to live... extremely clean, low crime, friendly people, family oriented, and a few degrees cooler weather here than in Aventura which you'll appreciate in the summer months. If you enjoy the outdoors (bicycling, walking, golfing, gardening, swimming, etc) then you'll love it here. If you move into your Heritage Oaks house you will probably fall in love with the area. And in a couple of years (or whenever the housing market adjusts itself) your house will be properly valued again and eventually it will increase in value to where you can sell for a profit if you choose to. In that regard, it's no different here than it is everywhere else in the country right now.

As for finding a job here in PSL..... That can be a bit tricky. The Treasure Coast isn't the job capitol of the world - lol. Many people end up commuting to jobs in Palm Beach County & Broward County. Yes, it's a solid one hour or more hike on I-95, but that's a breeze compared to living on LI and commuting into Manhattan. So if you're from NY, you'll adapt just fine : )

As for finding new friends here in PSL..... No problem. Piece of cake. It's a very friendly place. And, there are sooooo many people from NY & NJ here that you'd swear this was LI with palm trees and less traffic : )

I hope I've been able to clarify some things for you. I certainly wouldn't want to scare you away from living here! I grew up on LI and never saw anything more significant than a picnic ant in my backyard, and I've also lived in a highrise on the intercoastal in Aventura where alligators were just a far-away myth seen on the TV news. I admit there was a slight culture shock involved in moving away from Aventura and into the more rural and country-like setting of PSL. But we got over it pretty quickly. And as I wrote in a previous post, we learned that there's nothing here in PSL that a few dollars spent in Home Depot can't fix. *wink*

~~~~~ Wishing you all the best ~~~~~

Last edited by Keeper; 02-21-2009 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: per op request

Old 11-02-2008, 04:23 PM

Default Uh Oh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
New news for us at Tradition...

The Outlet Mall is OUT. In todays paper. Because of the economy they have decided to not go forward.
------------------------------------

Uh Oh... Do you know if they are holding off til a better economy? Or have they cancelled on the oulet mall completely?

Old 11-03-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehunts123 View Post
------------------------------------

Uh Oh... Do you know if they are holding off til a better economy? Or have they cancelled on the oulet mall completely?

The paper said cancelled. oh well....

Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 AM

Interesting, since you have been talking about the street lights I have been paying more attention as to where they are. Since the time change this weekend it gets dark early. I had gone to a friends house in PGA last night and when I came home the big thing that jumped out at me is that
there was NO LIGHTING at the main entrance just inside the gate where everybody turns! That is the obvious place that needs it the most!

Last edited by Keeper; 02-21-2009 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: removed deleted quote

Old 11-05-2008, 08:54 PM

4 posts, read 14,332 times
Smile finding happiness in PSL

Thank you for responding to my inquiries about Heritage Oaks, alligators, street lights, etc. Your insight has reassured me about living at Tradition. I am hoping to spend more time there and make friends with the wild life and neighbors, too. It is certainly no picnic up north here, where it is getting cold and dark early. The congestion is unpleasant and the roadways are so old and narrow. I miss the Florida sky, the laid back attitude, and the casual dress. I am disappointed about the Tanger outlet, but it is not surprising. We will see better days eventually. Patience is a virtue.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 AM

Default Question for TriMT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This thread should probably be moved up to the Treasure Coast Forum now, eh?
---------------------

Hi there... How would we move this thread? And would that make it easier for more people to find it? (I'm pretty new on this site and so I'm not familiar with how all of it works just yet) -- Thanks!

Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,187,952 times
I moved the thread per request. In the future to have a thread moved, you can report it asking it be moved.

If you need assistance with your account, please DM me.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 AM

we've been MOVED!! LOL!!!! THANKS KEEPER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach