Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Heritage Oaks Homeowners: Are you satisfied with the quality of the landscaping maintenance services
Yes 10 37.04%
No 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,995 times

Advertisements

Regarding thehunts123 previous blogs: Moderator cut: post removed 'If You Are A Pet Owner'. I'm not at all certain of your objective with your so-called "cheery little wildlife commentaries". If it's a joke, it needs clarification so others are aware of your attempt to make this blog humorous and light. If it's indeed the way of life there in your humble opinion, then it certainly isn't for those who like to venture out to perform even the most basic enjoyments in life.....such as an innocent stroll through the neighborhood and surrounding areas without fear of being devoured, stung, bitten or otherwise assaulted by some type of critter as described so vividly by yourself. My wife has the "willies" and is now leaning away from your little paradise of the Sunshine State! Very dark & ominous in this reader's honest and humble view!

A concerned prospective/potential resident from "up north"! S.M.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-21-2009 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Clarification of referenced author and associated blogs!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:04 AM

4 posts, read 8,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
I blame the children you speak of on the PARENTS. There will always be good kids and bad ones. If you have them yelling and screaming and especially damaging anything, just call the cops....they WILL be there in a heartbeat.

Oh trust me it is the parents but thats another story the police have been called by us and other homeowners and the construction supervisor and bayshore sent letters to the owners it gets better for a couple of days then starts back. Well it's nice to know we have you and a lot of other nice neighbors in the community. Thanks for the info re: the day care.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 AM

36 posts, read 185,739 times
Default Apology to Grand Canyon Guy

Dear Friend,
So sorry if the wildlife post upset your wife. With all of the smiley faces included in it, it was certainly just a tongue-in-cheek commentary meant to induce a chuckle; not a worry All of South Florida (and all south eastern states that I know of) have their fair share of wildlife. It's actually a beautiful thing, and makes one want to go outdoors more, not less. The little lizards (gheckos, I think) are adorable like the Geico Ghecko on TV, and we love them because they eat mosquitos. Same with the cute little frogs. Also, haven't seen an alligator in this community's ponds in a long time, but if one were to be spotted today, I'm sure the HOA would have someone here to remove it by tomorrow. We do not have an alligator "problem" here, I assure you. Honestly, the only way to be sure to see an alligator is to travel to the Everglades, or to visit a wildlife santuary. And those are far wway from here - LOL. Again, the post about our wildlife was certainly not intended to be "dark and ominous". It was intended purely to induce a light hearted laugh.

Anyway..... It's a gorgeous day outside today. The sun is shining, it's not too hot, the palm trees are swaying in the beeze, the kids are in school, and there are plenty of adults out bike riding, walking, gardening, and enjoying our community swimming pool. Please tell your wife to take a chance and come join us! We're actually quite friendly and we don't bite. *grin*

Old 02-19-2009, 10:27 AM

Im just curious maybe I missed somthing we were told that the phone # at the gate had to be your land line home phone and could not be a cell phone# to let guests in. So can you have the cell # there that would be great because we only use our cells also and I would like to drop the hometown phone .

Old 02-20-2009, 07:41 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,207,300 times
No way to hit the button on a cell phone to let anyone in. Landline only. There is a way to get in but since I have no idea who you are.. not tellin! lol!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
No way to hit the button on a cell phone to let anyone in. Landline only. There is a way to get in but since I have no idea who you are.. not tellin! lol!!!

ooooh FlaLadyB you so crazy girl! lol!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 10:52 PM

79 posts, read 256,193 times
You 'Heritage Oaks' people are weird.

I'm going to start a petition to ban you all from Publix. That is all.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:43 AM

ok...where did the last few posts go? The ones about the parks and the one where I posted about being computer hacked and you deleted the phone number of the guy who saved me???

Old 02-22-2009, 09:48 PM

79 posts, read 256,193 times
Quote:
ok...where did the last few posts go? The ones about the parks and the one where I posted about being computer hacked and you deleted the phone number of the guy who saved me???
That was in the Tradition thread, not here.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
That was in the Tradition thread, not here.
well.. duh.. you're right.... so I will post it here about the hacker in case anyone what to contact me for his name and number.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach