Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Heritage Oaks Homeowners: Are you satisfied with the quality of the landscaping maintenance services
Yes 10 37.04%
No 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,577,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
A reminder...the Annual Meeting of the Tradition Community Association is WEDNESDAY (not TUESDAY) Dec 3rd at 11am.

I WILL be attending...hope all of you will too!
I have to be at work and I am wondering why they choose such an inconvenient time. Will you please asking them why they have to have the red light signal on for a minimal of two minutes for the traffic going into Village parkway in the morning. Why can't they set up the light so the light changes according to traffic pattern? In the morning, crossing village parkway and crossing back into village parkway (I have to stop by National City Bank every morning) is such a nightmare. There is no car but I have to sit at least for 2 minutes for each signal light to turn green ( It took me 5 minutes before and now it takes me 30 minutes). I am told that almost everyone run through red signals to go to bank or Publix. I know you wrote before that there is no traffic on Village Parkway. Yes, there is no car but they also made it difficult to go into the village parkway in the morning. Village Parkway is the main artery for Tradition shopping center. What are they thinking!!! They totally block Academic way now because of the school (It was my shortcut to the bank.). Then they made the red lights so long in order to make sure that the school bus has a smooth ride on Village Parkway. Stupid!!! Spending 30 minutes just to cross the village parkway every morning is crazy and Tradition kids can’t even go to that school. No more Tradition for me. I am moving out of there.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:24 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,207,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
I have to be at work and I am wondering why they choose such an inconvenient time. Will you please asking them why they have to have the red light signal on for a minimal of two minutes for the traffic going into Village parkway in the morning. Why can't they set up the light so the light changes according to traffic pattern? . I am moving out of there.
I will bring up just that point. I am also sick and tired of waiting on NOBODY to make a turn. They can change that light to work with traffic and I also don't see any reason why they can't. I have run it a few times after sitting there for no reason. Academic is the same way. Nobody is there and I sit, and sit, and the light forgets I am there.

No need to move out of because of a traffic light...that can change

Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 8,542 times
Default Perspective Board Members

I'm sure you all know that Homes by Kennedy will be turning over the board to the home owners.
We need a slate of candidates to fill the five (5) seats.
We would be best served if they were all "owner occupied".
If you are interested or have someone you would like to see on the board, please post these names for consideration by the members.

Thanks,
Troy & Mary Ann Black
Moderator cut: Please no personal information on the public forums

Last edited by 2goldens; 12-11-2008 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: deleted email addy

Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 AM

Ok.. .some things I learned at the Tradition Association meeting:

We are not paying for all the lights and decorations, Westfest, and all the different events that are here in Tradition. Core is footing the bill for that.

The light we all hate at Academic is run by what the City of PSL says they have to do. It has been addressed already and when I brought it up other people agreed it needs to be changed. It will be addressed again.

The dog park will stay where it is and is not being moved.

The widening of the lanes up at the entrance and then putting that stupid merge section is not Cores doing, it's PSL DOT again. I am just waiting for someone to have an accident when they don't see in time that it doesn't just go on to a the continued right hand turn.

Cable- our Cable bill will go up some next year. Apparently the 4 major channels have not been charging anyone to air their stations but now are. Hometown Cable is absorbing that bill this year since they had already sent out their yearly bill in October but then the stations started charging. Expect a couple of dollars increase next year.

It was addressed why they had a meeting at 11am when most people could not attend- we did NOT have a quorum for that reason. They will try to schedule other meetings at better times- in the evenings we hope.

It was addressed "where can we see where the money goes" - was quickly put aside by the Core attorney with, I can talk to you individually about that later.

It was addressed going from a quarterly HOA payment to a monthly. That may happen because of the number of foreclosures not paying, plus the economy in general, is making it difficult. It can be changed, without a vote, and may be forthcoming.

As far as the number of foreclosures we have in Tradition, in total is about 15%, which Bert said was the average for everyone else in Fla as well. We have approx 2000 closed homes in all.

Apparently I could have attended the budget meeting held just before this meeting but I read the letter as saying- Board Members only. Apparently I was mistaken, as were other people, and wish I had been there.

I addressed the head police officer that was there and asked about the path kids are taking behind the water tank and across peoples property as a shortcut to the other parts of Heritage Oaks- especially at night- as part of that shortcut is by me and I don't like seeing flashlights in an area where nobody is supposed to be at night. I asked for a No Trespassing sign to be put up, but ...who knows what will happen if anything.

I asked about our roads- are they public or private? The main roads are public and the interior of any community are private. Heritage Oaks is asking that ours be made public ( I was told) ....but I have to ask all of you....do you realize that means that ANYONE can have access to our community- gate or no gate?? The making of our roads public means that the city will eventually maintain them and not us, but it also opens up the access to anybody and we can not keep them out. I experienced that in a very exclusive neighborhood in Boca Raton. They had a 24 hour guard gate, but no gate, and could not stop me or anyone else from entering the community.

If anyone wants a copy of the budget, you can get one at the Tradition office up front.

Only a few of us said anything. Me, I have no hesitation asking questions. Wish I had been at the Budget meeting .. oh well.....

Old 12-07-2008, 05:08 PM

16 posts, read 32,500 times
FlaLadyB,
Thanks so much for the update on what happened at the HOA meeting. Will minutes of the meeting be sent to homeowners?
Just bought a home in Heritage Oaks in July. We bought as a vacation home. We have been looking for about a year to purchase a home in Florida and fell in love with the Port Saint Lucie area, especially Tradition. As soon as we leave we are planning when we can get back!!! Happy to have a place to check in on what's happening at Heritage Oaks while I am back in New Jersey.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:25 AM

Actually, since we didn't have a quorum this time, even the minutes from last years meeting we weren't able to vote to have the minutes from then accepted. Same with this time. Since the meeting was in the daytime not as many people could attend since they were at work. My work is in Real Estate so I could attend and at least listen to what was happening and put in my 2 cents.

A copy of the budget is available at the local Bayshore Management office here in Tradition.

So..you are another new neighbor?! WELCOME! Glad to have you join us!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:44 PM

Just thought of another thing that bugs me- the front gate. My phone just rang (and I ONLY use my cell phone). Some idiot at the gate was trying to get in after it closed. My friends know how to get in, but that's another story. What makes me mad is the people who are NOT registered as even being in here, have NOT purchased a gate clicker, and expect ME and anyone else to let them tailgate IN. I don't know who they are or why they're here. I do know that there are people in here that the HOA has no idea they exist.

Yes, it takes forever for the gate to open so anyone can scoot in with no problem. I wish that could/would change. I wish that one week we had someone check every single car that tried to get in and didn't have a clicker and really see if they even belong in here . Kick out the ones who didn't plus make the ones that do live in here pay for the gate. That means REGISTER THEIR VEHICLE.

yes....it's a Monday type of day.... a full moon ... or something LOL!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:50 PM

by the way ON A GOOD NOTE!

I am LOVING all the CHRISTMAS lights on all the houses!!! They are just gorgeous!

I also LOVE all the lights up at our Town Hall area and all the fun everyone seems to be having, especially the kids.

MAKES ME SMILE!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 12:10 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,577,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Just thought of another thing that bugs me- the front gate!
Your community may need another gate (simple swing arm gate) in front of the current gate to stop tailgating. In addition, a security camera may be installed to identify the ones who try to tailgate and bother residents. The community I was at did both to stop the problem.

Thank you for your update regarding the traffic. A friend of mine just bought a house in your community.

Last edited by LingLing; 12-16-2008 at 12:20 PM..

Old 01-07-2009, 01:43 AM

79 posts, read 256,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehunts123 View Post
* Alligators in the ponds = Very Scary.
* Month-long swarms of love bugs = Interesting, but very messy.
* Tree Frogs all over my house = Kinda cute.
* Tree Frog pooh all over my house = Yuck.
* Mosquitos = Ouch! (I've never seen so many, and they're HUGE!)
* Spiders = Scary. especially the poisonous ones. And the huge ones. (I've seen more spiders in 2 years here than previously in my whole life!)
* Lizards = Cute, and helpful because they eat mosquitos & spiders.
* Lizards sneaking in through open doors = A royal pain.
* Red Ant Hills = Scary. It's as if they're determined to take back their land!
* Aphids = Ugh. Microscopic plant parasites that leave behind sticky stuff that turns into black mold killing your lovely plants.
* Spider Mites = Scary & itchy. Microscopic spiders that can live outdoors and indoors, and they BITE. (Isn't that just peachy!)
* Fleas = Everywhere. (I wish they made Front Line for people!)
* Eagles & Hawks = Beautiful, but scary to see them swoop down and carry off someone's chihuahua!
* Sand Hill Cranes = Beautiful, but boy are they Big! And so are their droppings!
* Ducks = Pretty. If you see the same ones daily, it's a good sign that there's probably no alligators in your pond... at the moment.
* Water Turtles = Cool. If you see lots of them in your pond, it's another good sign of no alligators... at the moment.
* Land Turtles = Cool. Slow moving road-blocks that live in hidden burrows under bushes. It's always comical to watch people try to 'save' them by putting them into the ponds only to have them climb right back out because they are LAND turtles!
* Wild Boors hunting in the streets at night = Scary and Ugly!
* Bats = Scary. They live up in the palm trees and fly around at night. Makes walking your dog at night quite a spooky treat.
.....and most recently.....
* SNAKES! = Very Scary! (although I'm told the black snakes are non-poisonous and useful because they eat rodents and the poisonous snakes. Just poke your bushes with a long stick before you reach in to prune them!)
.....and coming soon.....
* WILD CATS! = Scary. They hunt at night just like the wild boors, but they're nicer looking.

Great list! I can handle these guys, but if I see a Griffin flying around one of these days, I'm out of here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach