Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Heritage Oaks Homeowners: Are you satisfied with the quality of the landscaping maintenance services
Yes 10 37.04%
No 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:34 AM

79 posts, read 256,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Ok.. .some things I learned at the Tradition Association meeting:

We are not paying for all the lights and decorations, Westfest, and all the different events that are here in Tradition. Core is footing the bill for that.

The light we all hate at Academic is run by what the City of PSL says they have to do. It has been addressed already and when I brought it up other people agreed it needs to be changed. It will be addressed again.

The dog park will stay where it is and is not being moved.

The widening of the lanes up at the entrance and then putting that stupid merge section is not Cores doing, it's PSL DOT again. I am just waiting for someone to have an accident when they don't see in time that it doesn't just go on to a the continued right hand turn.

Cable- our Cable bill will go up some next year. Apparently the 4 major channels have not been charging anyone to air their stations but now are. Hometown Cable is absorbing that bill this year since they had already sent out their yearly bill in October but then the stations started charging. Expect a couple of dollars increase next year.

It was addressed why they had a meeting at 11am when most people could not attend- we did NOT have a quorum for that reason. They will try to schedule other meetings at better times- in the evenings we hope.

It was addressed "where can we see where the money goes" - was quickly put aside by the Core attorney with, I can talk to you individually about that later.

It was addressed going from a quarterly HOA payment to a monthly. That may happen because of the number of foreclosures not paying, plus the economy in general, is making it difficult. It can be changed, without a vote, and may be forthcoming.

As far as the number of foreclosures we have in Tradition, in total is about 15%, which Bert said was the average for everyone else in Fla as well. We have approx 2000 closed homes in all.

Apparently I could have attended the budget meeting held just before this meeting but I read the letter as saying- Board Members only. Apparently I was mistaken, as were other people, and wish I had been there.

I addressed the head police officer that was there and asked about the path kids are taking behind the water tank and across peoples property as a shortcut to the other parts of Heritage Oaks- especially at night- as part of that shortcut is by me and I don't like seeing flashlights in an area where nobody is supposed to be at night. I asked for a No Trespassing sign to be put up, but ...who knows what will happen if anything.

I asked about our roads- are they public or private? The main roads are public and the interior of any community are private. Heritage Oaks is asking that ours be made public ( I was told) ....but I have to ask all of you....do you realize that means that ANYONE can have access to our community- gate or no gate?? The making of our roads public means that the city will eventually maintain them and not us, but it also opens up the access to anybody and we can not keep them out. I experienced that in a very exclusive neighborhood in Boca Raton. They had a 24 hour guard gate, but no gate, and could not stop me or anyone else from entering the community.

If anyone wants a copy of the budget, you can get one at the Tradition office up front.

Only a few of us said anything. Me, I have no hesitation asking questions. Wish I had been at the Budget meeting .. oh well.....
Great info. I wish I went. I want to know why Tradition Parkway, going west, has 3 left-turn lanes onto Village Parkway South, while the 2 westbound lanes next to them don't match up with the 2 westbound lanes on the other side of intersection. It's just weird.. but I suppose that's also PSL DOT?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,207,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
Great info. I wish I went. I want to know why Tradition Parkway, going west, has 3 left-turn lanes onto Village Parkway South, while the 2 westbound lanes next to them don't match up with the 2 westbound lanes on the other side of intersection. It's just weird.. but I suppose that's also PSL DOT?
One of my newest clients works on that new bridge. I had asked him before he moved in if he would take me over there so I could actually see all that is happening. They are working really fast on it. He's one of there supervisors so I will find out what I can.

YES, the DOT has an odd way of doing things sometimes...like our right hand turn lane at I95 that suddenly disappears causing brake lights and then reappears a few feet down again.....why?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Ok everyone .. just a little update on the bridge coming in above us.

Curious cat that I am I took a drive up the (not allowed) street area towards the new bridge on Saturday afternoon after I finished up with a client. Humm...very nice and it will be pretty- wide median etc. They are working like crazy to get it done and open by April and it shows. They built a wall where the houses across from us that does not seem to open (I didn't see any opening) for that group of homes outside of Tradition to use the parkway.

I got to the bridge itself and couldn't/ wouldn't go any further in my car so....humm...there's another dirt road over there. Wonder where IT goes?
Off I went down this well driven dirt road that ran along side of us going west. Off in the distance I see ..a car. The closer I got the more I knew what that car was. I keep going. The nice POLICEman did his little lights when I got along side of him. We had a very pleasant talk. Private property- lots of signs I drove past ....all that. The owner of the property, KOLTER, has been having problems with people driving out there and using dune buggies, having guns, parties, etc. Mr. Nice Policeman said his instructions from Kolter are: haul them off to jail. So as I had my pleasant chat with the officer and asked where the road went etc....I promised I would warn the rest of you...

DO NOT GO DOWN THAT ROAD unless you want a ticket or to be arrested. He's waiting for you.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Wait, what? What bridge are we talking about again?

Old 01-13-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Wait, what? What bridge are we talking about again?

ah.. do you not drive on I95 north of the Gatlin exit occassionally? Do you not notice all the construction, the lane change, the huge equipment, the My Daddy works here and then My Mommy works here signs? All those piles of dirt? That's the new bridge/exit just above US that will open with on and off ramps for US and "those people" from the "other side" (lol) to enter Tradition just past our roundabout entrance. Have you not seen the barriers when driving in to our entrance, notice and heard the heavy equipment......have you been sleeping too much?

Old 01-13-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
ah.. do you not drive on I95 north of the Gatlin exit occassionally? Do you not notice all the construction, the lane change, the huge equipment, the My Daddy works here and then My Mommy works here signs? All those piles of dirt? That's the new bridge/exit just above US that will open with on and off ramps for US and "those people" from the "other side" (lol) to enter Tradition just past our roundabout entrance. Have you not seen the barriers when driving in to our entrance, notice and heard the heavy equipment......have you been sleeping too much?
lol

Yes, I know of THAT bridge over I-95. But that's a bit north of our exit, I never thought construction was affecting Tradition. People live up there? I never drive north of the McDonald's on Village.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
lol

Yes, I know of THAT bridge over I-95. But that's a bit north of our exit, I never thought construction was affecting Tradition. People live up there? I never drive north of the McDonald's on Village.

ah excuse me then....if you never drive further than McDonalds, why are you posting on the HERITAGE OAKS site for homeowners?

AND yes....it will be another entrance to Tradition as a whole as well as the bridge being built BELOW us down by Torrey Pines.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
ah excuse me then....if you never drive further than McDonalds, why are you posting on the HERITAGE OAKS site for homeowners?

AND yes....it will be another entrance to Tradition as a whole as well as the bridge being built BELOW us down by Torrey Pines.
Because I don't see one for my neighborhood. You guys are all I have.

Btw, I saw today that they have signage for Crosstown Parkway (Exit 120) going South on I-95. Maybe I'm last to know, but still very cool. Hopefully it'll be done soon. I wonder if they will also connect us to Verano.

Any commercial coming in, up there around your neighborhood?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:38 AM

I'm gonna DEMAND that you drive PAST McDonalds and come down here then! Did you see our new Fire department even? Did you drive in and wave hello to us ?....noooo....all us "people down there" uh huh....we know all about people like you... live in your own little world. You must live in the Promenade APARTMENTS then right? That's ok...we like our houses here with all the friendly people. You can stay up there while I drive down the two way street that now says "Do Not Enter" so I can get to Ashley and make a left turn....so there! <laughing now!>

They are building new things up on the South side of Tradition Parkway -above you.
Torrey Pines of course, Hilton hotel has started, and apparently other building that will be medical related.

Now get your butt and come down here and smell the roses.. and realize ....ah..there's another road there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna DEMAND that you drive PAST McDonalds and come down here then! Did you see our new Fire department even? Did you drive in and wave hello to us ?....noooo....all us "people down there" uh huh....we know all about people like you... live in your own little world. You must live in the Promenade APARTMENTS then right? That's ok...we like our houses here with all the friendly people. You can stay up there while I drive down the two way street that now says "Do Not Enter" so I can get to Ashley and make a left turn....so there! <laughing now!>

They are building new things up on the South side of Tradition Parkway -above you.
Torrey Pines of course, Hilton hotel has started, and apparently other building that will be medical related.

Now get your butt and come down here and smell the roses.. and realize ....ah..there's another road there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL. I went tonight before I got home!

I went to Sky Dragon (Chinese next to McDonald's) and while I was waiting in the parking lot for the food I thought... hmm, let me go up there into the darkness. But first, I turned my GPS on... just in case. I had no idea of what I would find, or not find. j/k I got back on Village Rd., passed the new school and just kept going... at first I didn't see anything but then to my right... a nice looking fire station! When did we get one of those?!? So, so far so good... kept going and then nothing for a while, yet the street still looked really nice. It curved a lot, nice signage... I thought, why did they waste so much money and work for nothing. And then finally, I saw "Heritage Oaks". I stopped at the circle and I get it now. It's a nice entrance, cars coming in and out. Another great addition to the community. Of course, you already knew that.

I guess I do live in my own little world. I don't even know where Promenade is. I live in TownPark (I can see Torrey Pines from my window)... when you're driving on Tradition Parkway, instead of turning right into Village Rd.... you keep going, past the circle, keep going... then when you reach barriers... that's us to the left. But I'm crazy like you, I once went past those barriers and just kept going West. Luckily no police but I did learn that they're building yet another community there called Abingdon. They were preparing the land when I went.

I wanna go by Heritage Oaks again, during the day next time. I want to try going to the bridge you talked about. But this may not be for a while, as I can't always be emptying my gas-tank just to visit you guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach