Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Heritage Oaks Homeowners: Are you satisfied with the quality of the landscaping maintenance services
Yes 10 37.04%
No 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 8,017 times

Advertisements

I'M Sorry but the person that purchases a $5 chair for the porch is not saving the enviroment especially when plastic won't go away. It will just blows away in someone elses back yard.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,661 times
Curious why you would consider moving in next to Trailer Trash? If as you said you took a long time to get a lease then should you not have know what you were getting into? I would have thought you would have at least looked the neighborhood over before you moved in. Look I don't live in that area I was making lite of the situation. Unless you buy 100 acres and put the house in the middle you will not be able to control your neighbors. Try to make the best of it and when your lease ends move or negotiate an out with the owner. No need to kill yourself over it or look down your nose at people for being normal. You have a recycle bin. If somones chair blows in your yard then recycle it.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,149 times
Question Quick Question

My girlfriend and I are considering purchasing a home in Heritage Oaks, but have gotten about 6 different estimates on the taxes/ HOA fees. I have read through this entire thread and read something about the HOA fees being around 265, but expected to rise. Basically what I need to know is, how much can we expect to pay each month in taxes, HOA, utilities, for one of the Whitehall homes? Obvioulsy it would just be a rough estimate, but anything would be a huge help. We've heard some really low numbers from eager Realtors, and some astronomical numbers on some websites. Thank you for all of your help, and its great to see a thread like this up to help out the community and keep people informed.

I guess the question ended up being longer than I thought.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:14 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonop View Post
My girlfriend and I are considering purchasing a home in Heritage Oaks, but have gotten about 6 different estimates on the taxes/ HOA fees. I have read through this entire thread and read something about the HOA fees being around 265, but expected to rise. Basically what I need to know is, how much can we expect to pay each month in taxes, HOA, utilities, for one of the Whitehall homes? Obvioulsy it would just be a rough estimate, but anything would be a huge help. We've heard some really low numbers from eager Realtors, and some astronomical numbers on some websites. Thank you for all of your help, and its great to see a thread like this up to help out the community and keep people informed.

I guess the question ended up being longer than I thought.
I am a realtor and I live in Heritage Oaks. The Whitehall floor plan which is 3 plus a family room is the largest floor plan in our neighborhood and it approx 1850 sq ft under air. Asking what the utilities like elec would be is anybodys guess since some like it cold and some don't. Water/Sewer also depends on how many people are in the house. Just myself is about 40/month with 2 bathrooms and multiple laundry uses since I am outside working a lot. The HOA, as of yesterday, quoted $786/quarter for Heritage Oaks which is $262 a month that includes lawn maintenance, cable and internet and care of the common areas, the clubhouse, pool etc. The HOA fees doesn't change with whatever house you have - it's the same for everyone in this community. In others, it does change such as Bedford Park and The Lakes.

I love it here and hope you will too. Since I live here I have no reason to tell you anything but the truth since you could very well be my neighbor.
Hope this helps and if you need anything else just click on my name to ask. Have a wonderful day

Old 05-07-2009, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,072 times
Default Tradition vacant homes-preparing for hurricanes

I'm looking to talk to homeowners in Tradition who may be concerned about all the vacant homes due to foreclosures in their neighborhood as hurricane season approaches. Are you worried about debris, loose tiles, unboarded homes or trees etc. that these bank owned properties probably won't fix before a storm and could become dangerous projectiles to your homes.

My name is Kelli Kennedy and I am a reporter with the Associated Press. I would love to talk with some of you and get your thoughts on this issue as hurricane season quickly approaches and many people are living next to vacant homes. Have this been addressed at town hall meetings or among neighbors?

My email is [email]kkennedy@ap.org[/email]. My phone is 305 903 1617. Thank you so much.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:04 PM

[quote=kkennedy5;8699146]I'm looking to talk to homeowners in Tradition who may be concerned about all the vacant homes due to foreclosures in their neighborhood as hurricane season approaches. Are you worried about debris, loose tiles, unboarded homes or trees etc. that these bank owned properties probably won't fix before a storm and could become dangerous projectiles to your homes.

My name is Kelli Kennedy and I am a reporter with the Associated Press. I would love to talk with some of you and get your thoughts on this issue as hurricane season quickly approaches and many people are living next to vacant homes. Have this been addressed at town hall meetings or among neighbors?

Kelli, since you sent me an individual email I have already addressed this question and asked why would you think Tradition in particular would have any more problems in a hurricane than any place else. All over the United States there are empty homes in foreclosure. We are no different in that respect, but we are different in that we have everything underground and a system that doesn't flood us out when we get heavy rains like it did the rest of PSL. We have newer homes so the "loose tiles" and other things are not the same issues we would be facing here vs the rest of PSL plus we ALL have shutters when many homes in PSL do not.

I have sent your question on to someone of authority who can better answer for Tradition as a whole.

Hurricanes are not a new thing, I myself have lived in various places in Florida through a lot of them. Empty houses and houses under construction were here in Tradition during hurricanes before foreclosures ...and we are still here.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:30 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,661 times
Cudos for your answer. I agree totally with your answer. The issue is that it is a slow news season and reporters are out to dig up features that they can use later. They get canned film, talk to people and manipulate them into saying things that they will turn around later in the story they will eventually produce. Now I don't have a problem with people doing their jobs but if you have to make up news then you may want to choose another profession. Giving Tradition and the homeowners a black eye in the process shows a lack of respect as well.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:35 AM

3 posts, read 11,873 times
I first have to say that this is my first time writing on this blog and I have been a homeowner in Heritage Oaks from the 1st months of the community being opened.

Does anyone know the full story of what happened to the main entrance gates? I have heard rumors that the person/people who I guess drove through them also stole the gates. I am very pleased to see that they installed security cameras to hopefully prevent this from happening again. However it's sad that we live in a society that needs BIG BROTHER watching us because of some who don't have the decency to stop when they have done something wrong.

Also does anyone know when the HOA is going to be turned over to the residence and how does one apply to be a candidate for the board.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:54 PM

[quote=TheLipp's;8836635]I first have to say that this is my first time writing on this blog and I have been a homeowner in Heritage Oaks from the 1st months of the community being opened.

Does anyone know the full story of what happened to the main entrance gates? I have heard rumors that the person/people who I guess drove through them also stole the gates. I am very pleased to see that they installed security cameras to hopefully prevent this from happening again. However it's sad that we live in a society that needs BIG BROTHER watching us because of some who don't have the decency to stop when they have done something wrong.

To answer the part about the gates --- they were not stolen...I saw them there the next morning- mangled. I ran in to the head of the police that is in Tradition over at the HOA and asked. Apparently it had to be a high off-road vehicle witih a large bush attachment in the front. Yes, it left paint. They have been searching for who did it. I don't know the outcome of that search but would like to!

and by the way WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,775 times
Default Nice to see some familiar faces!

I am not a homeowner in Heritage Oaks, but I am extremely familiar with the neighborhood. As an employee who actively worked in the Heritage Oaks community, I saw first hand changes rapidly taking place.

Nowadays, we are looking to help serve your community. Our company installed all of the Integrated Pest Management (Taexx) systems in Heritage Oaks. A lot of homeowners in the community are actively using the systems & service.

We are working with the newly elected HOA board to provide service to the whole community without breaking the bank on HOA dues.

We look foward to taking care of your homes & always know, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me personally!

Thanks
HomeTeamGuy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach