Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 05:21 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times

Advertisements

I think you may just find the market here better price wise too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 10:13 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,914,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr870 View Post
We currently live in a Denver suburb. Our 2nd winter here we had over 5' of snow in one fell swoop and could not leave our neighborhood for 3 days. Tried walking out - futile. I fell and had a lot of difficulty getting up. My husband laughed so hard that he fell and couldn't get up. When we finally did, we went back inside and stayed there till we could drive out - extreme cabin fever! Each winter, we seem to spend more time inside reading because of the snows, icy roads, bad drivers etc and neither of us like that. Because a lot of people want to move to Denver, we sold our home the 1st day it was on the market and are hoping Prescott/Prescott Valley will soon be our new home.
It's definitely milder than Denver. I was surprised to read that earlier post. We are further south and at a similar elevation, which means that it is warmer here. We have generally had very mild winters since 2006. The weatherfolks are anticipated more snow this year due to the El Nino. We have certainly had a wetter year so far.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:09 PM

21 posts, read 29,511 times
Denver is really supposed to have a hard winter this year according to predictions so we are hoping to be gone from here before the snow starts. Leaves us a pretty short window of time but, I'm ready!

Old 09-20-2015, 10:57 AM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr870 View Post
Denver is really supposed to have a hard winter this year according to predictions so we are hoping to be gone from here before the snow starts. Leaves us a pretty short window of time but, I'm ready!
Thank goodness this is my last winter here, tired of snow and sub-zero temps.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:01 PM

Absolutely agree 100%!

Old 09-21-2015, 09:27 AM

Fall is just starting here. Overnights are now in the 50s and 60s. Very nice time of the year to relocate here.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:47 PM

That's what we plan to do - soon, we hope. Coming out this week to look at homes but one we really like has been on the market for a fairly long time. Have to find out why. I have imagined just about all possibilities so far so guess it's time to learn the reason. Depending on the answer, we can accept the reason or, keep looking. May mean more trips.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:38 PM

There are two homes for sale right across from Park Ridge right now in my area of View Point North. They are both less than a block from me and homes here do not last long on the market or so it seems now.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:59 PM

New homes? I have seen a couple of new ones that look interesting in the Viewpoint North area but, since I am not that familiar with the area, not sure what is considered Viewpoint North and just Viewpoint. The one we like for the design and layout is in Park Ridge but that is the one that we have questions about right now???? It's been a number of years since we have been house shopping so we feel a bit out of touch. Also, how are builders about including some upgrades or, do you just get the basic and pay through the nose for upgrades? My husband is pretty good at landscaping and bobcat work but, new homes have very little and the nice trees take a long time to get established. So much to think about to find the right area. We are hoping to move now and not move again for a very long time or, ever.

This site has been so great for all the helpful information so I thank all of you for assisting us in our search for a new home.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:11 AM

The homes I am referring to were built about 10 year ago or so.
But they are continuing to build in View Point North with brand new construction available down the road. I think when the North section is built it will be the biggest single development in Prescott Valley if I remember right with some 1200 homes in in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott