Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 03:33 PM

181 posts, read 348,767 times

Advertisements

I happen to totally agree. I prefer to have an HOA, as long as it is not over the top. For the exact reasons you listed. I just make sure to read through the CC&Rs before purchasing into one to make sure there is no rule or restriction I cannot live with. And...I have seen some weird stuff over the years. But, most are pretty standard and some are lenient. For example, in Viewpoint you can have an RV/travel trailer/5th wheel on property behind a fence up to a certain length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
No HOA allowing you to paint your house pink & green also allows your neighbor to have cars in his yard up on jacks and his in-laws living out of a 1969 motorhome in their driveway....all stuff my FIL lives with in rural Colorado. One of his "neighbors" down the road (these are all 35 acre lots) has 4-6 school buses, hundreds of appliances spread around, multiple 70's era trailers as well as his manufactured home itself being a disaster. No thanks. I'll take am HOA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 03:27 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
No HOA allowing you to paint your house pink & green also allows your neighbor to have cars in his yard up on jacks and his in-laws living out of a 1969 motorhome in their driveway....all stuff my FIL lives with in rural Colorado. One of his "neighbors" down the road (these are all 35 acre lots) has 4-6 school buses, hundreds of appliances spread around, multiple 70's era trailers as well as his manufactured home itself being a disaster. No thanks. I'll take am HOA.
Rural Colorado...35 acre lots...what did your FIL expect?

Freedom from HOA tyranny means everyone is free, not just him.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:46 AM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

There's nothing like the taste of freedom. No, HOA's for us either. There are plenty of neighborhoods where people do not leave their junk all around that are not in an HOA. Not sure but I think just about all of the homes in PV are in a HOA? One of the reason's we did not move there.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:21 PM

479 posts, read 801,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

Assume much? Where did I once mention that HE had a problem with his "neighbor". I thought it was pretty clear that I will accept living in an HOA controlled area to avoid having a neighbor like that.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:10 AM

181 posts, read 348,767 times
Default PV and HOAs

All of original PV, the "Propers," is not HOA. 89A to 69, Fain to Glassford (except the tiny portion of Granville that runs along Glassford). There also areas north of 89A that do not have HOAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
There's nothing like the taste of freedom. No, HOA's for us either. There are plenty of neighborhoods where people do not leave their junk all around that are not in an HOA. Not sure but I think just about all of the homes in PV are in a HOA? One of the reason's we did not move there.

Old 03-17-2024, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly314 View Post
Planning on moving to the Prescott Valley and I'm interested in knowing who some of the better builders are.

Not interested in a custom house as I'm sure they're pretty expensive.
As a retired general contractor from Southern California, to my surprise, I have found the quality of spec or custom homes is not necessarily better than production/tract homes in the Prescott Valley/Tri-City Area. The advantage of considering a spec home comes, depending on the state of completion, when requesting alterations.

I found some oddities in some of the custom homes here that I worked on prior to retiring. While the attention to detail may be a bit better with a single custom home, I believe the inspection protocol provided by the city may be a bit more effective on a multiple home project.

Old 03-18-2024, 12:56 PM

144 posts, read 146,102 times
We lived in ViewPoint for a number of years prior to relocating with my son to SC in 2022.
Very quiet and not a lot of street noise either.
We lived on Rambling Lane.
About 1 mile to HWY 89 and quick then to almost anywhere.
And the HOA fees were like $100 a year!

Old 03-19-2024, 11:06 AM

138 posts, read 229,935 times
We've lived (still do) in the Viewpoint for 20 years (same home) and still really like it. We are looking to build another home in a little less crowded area, but no rush.

Old 03-19-2024, 04:55 PM

55 posts, read 51,306 times
I'm a little north of that viewpoint one and take my dog for walks through that subdivision. It's no different than any of the other newer subdivisions like granville or quailwood apart from the location. Most of the newer subdivisions have similar parks, HOAs, fees, lot and street layouts, sidewalks so it depends on the sort of access you want to shopping or commute. Viewpoint seems to be more retirees whereas Quailwood had more families.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:31 PM

353 posts, read 414,210 times
I live in a subdivision with no HOA and for the most part people take care of their houses. It is rare to find a subdivision without a HOA and the prices of our houses sell for a tad bit more because there are a number of people who do not like HOA's. I am one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott