Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 04:45 PM

14 posts, read 56,892 times

Advertisements

Ahh, thank you. That's very helpful. I was sort of under the impression there for awhile the whole plus was a subdivision, and then another one closer to Cracker Barrel and the Terraces, etc was one, then another one across the highway. This is really helpful and I appreciate the map! Thanks!

ETA PS: So subdivision 215 if I'm reading it right, that is heading out toward the fairgrounds? Is 215 a good area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,914,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSArizona View Post
ETA PS: So subdivision 215 if I'm reading it right, that is heading out toward the fairgrounds? Is 215 a good area?
215 is between Manley and Roundup on either side of Robert. I wouldn't call that "heading out toward the fairgrounds," but maybe I'm misunderstanding you. The fairgrounds are northeast of Fain Rd on 89A. Robert turns into 89A at Fain Rd, so maybe that is what you are referring to.

215 is ok. It's middle of the road - not overly bad not overly great. Prices tend to be a little cheaper in 215 vs. 219 or 220.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:38 PM

37 posts, read 50,299 times
Default Great information regarding the different subdivisions

I really appreciate all the wonderful input on this site. I'll be visiting in October 2015 and looking for a new construction home for retirement. I think I've narrowed it down to Viewpoint after reading all the great information on this site.
I was in Prescott Valley in June 2015. After looking around, I've made it clear that I don't want to pay huge HOA dues. So that pretty much narrows it down.
Thank you every one for the information.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:33 PM

14 posts, read 49,739 times
Glad this thread resurfaced. Great info. Brian, can you resurrect the comparison you show in post #2? The link is no good. Thanks!

Old 01-19-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
Glad this thread resurfaced. Great info. Brian, can you resurrect the comparison you show in post #2? The link is no good. Thanks!
Thanks! The subdivision descriptions have been on my long term to do list. CableOne nixed their free web server, and I have not recreated it yet on our business web server.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:06 PM

21 posts, read 29,511 times
Default Also happy thread has resurfaced

My husband and I are planning to retire to Prescott/Prescott Valley area as soon as possible. We too have looked at Viewpoint as a good possibility. What are opinions of others living in that community vs Pronghorn Ranch which has additional amenties like the club house and a variety of outdoor activities. The Park Ridge area of Viewpoint has considerably higher HOA fees. Does anyone know what additional amenities are available to those living in the Park Ridge area asilde from the fact that it is gated?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:33 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times
I live in Viewpoint North right across the street from Park Ridge. My barber lives there and told me that other than the gate they had a lake/pond that the HOA decided was a risk to the children so they drained it. And I don't remember the dues structure but it was pretty high compared to the $79 a year that we pay.
Viewpoint North's HOA is a minimalistic common sense set of rules that most have no problems with and it's in effect until this segment (the largest of the Viewpoint subdivisions) is built out to some 1200 homes. It may well go away if we feel we don't need it but that will be up to the homeowners to vote it in at that time.
We have no facilities and many here bought here so we won't have to pay the increasing fees in the future to maintain those facilities.
Many retirees in Viewpoint North that want to control expenses as much as possible and over my lifetime I have seen HOA fees in many communities in the US get ridiculous and you have no choice but to pay them.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:57 AM

Here are some comparisons:

Viewpoint:
Dues - $79/yr
Amenities - no private amenities
Community Facilities District - no additional property tax
Transfer Fees on Sale - less than $400

ParkRidge:
Dues - $660/yr
Amenities - gated community w/private roads (that need to be maintained by the subdivision)
Transfer Fees on Sale - less than $400

Pronghorn Ranch:
Dues - $512/yr
Amenities - clubhouse w/pool, gym, tennis court, etc.
Community Facilities District - additional $500-$600 property tax per year to pay off infrastructure loan
Transfer Fees on Sale - ~$656 + 0.25% of purchase price (~1400 for a $300K house)

Old 08-30-2015, 03:48 PM

21 posts, read 29,511 times
Default good info

Thank you so much for the good info. We have tried to ask all the right questions but, haven't received good answers like you just gave us.

In Park Ridge, how are the streets maintained by the subdivision by use of the HOA fees or, is there an additional assessment for streets?

Does anyone know anything about Granville or Stoneridge communities and fee structures. That isn't our primary focus right now but, Just in case we see something in those areas, it would be good to have more information about them.

Thanks again. You have been very helpful.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:05 AM

You're welcome. Here's the info for Granville and StoneRidge...

Granville:
Dues - $594/yr
Amenities - two clubhouses w/pool, gym, tennis court, etc.
Transfer Fees on Sale - ~$400

StoneRidge:
Dues - $701/yr
Amenities - clubhouse w/indoor and outdoor pool, gym, tennis court, etc.
Community Facilities District - additional $600-$700 property tax per year to pay off infrastructure loan
Transfer Fees on Sale - ~$900
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott