Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 12:53 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times

Advertisements

Suh has been suspended and of course, he will appeal. My thing is the grassy field is flat, you did not know you were on something less than flat, twice??? And he obviously isn't trying to get his balance, and he doesn't even react when Aaron pushes on his leg. I don't get or even begin to understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 11:59 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
Interesting take on what Stafford can learn from Romo. I agree.

Windsor: Cowboys' Romo figured it out; will Stafford ever follow suit?

Old 12-30-2014, 12:25 PM

Stafford is more puzzling than Cutler, well, let me think about that a minute. I think Stafford could have a huge, huge upside if he can get a handle on it. He has the weapons but those wild throws, even when a top tier QB is off, they aren't as far off as Stafford. He has the arm talent, sturdy guy, isn't going to get hurt but I've never understood him at all. I thought this year would be different if he would finally be open to instruction. His remarks in the past, I don't need a QB coach, all QBs need a coach.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:53 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Suh has been suspended and of course, he will appeal. My thing is the grassy field is flat, you did not know you were on something less than flat, twice??? And he obviously isn't trying to get his balance, and he doesn't even react when Aaron pushes on his leg. I don't get or even begin to understand it.

On appeal, the NFL decided Suh was guilty of intentionally hurting Rogers, BUT since they want
the playoff games to be competitive, he can play anyway, he just gets a slap on the wrist.

The profits of the NFL and its sponsors are way more important than a clean, safe game.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:37 PM

They brought up he was stepping back because TJ Lang had his jersey, I get that part. I don't get how he did not know he stepped on someone, didn't react. However, a $70,000 fine pretty hefty. Whatever, hopefully the NFL is more consistent next year.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:51 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
They brought up he was stepping back because TJ Lang had his jersey, I get that part. I don't get how he did not know he stepped on someone, didn't react. However, a $70,000 fine pretty hefty. Whatever, hopefully the NFL is more consistent next year.

It is? Suh's making $12.5M this season before all the bonuses. That's like fining a guy making $100k a year, $500.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:01 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
I'm glad that ridiculous ruling was overturned and disgusted with the fine. Hope the team covers the cost. As usual crybaby Rogers and the rest of the NFL QB darlings are getting preferential treatment. No single lion fan complained about our QB getting roughed up, stumped et al. It's all part of the game but the Moment a Rogers or Brady gets touched, well...new rule. Gtfoh!

Gutted we lost that game. Our dumb QB once again failed to show. And for goodness sakes we need to get rid of this fraudulent offensive coordinator. He is useless. Dallas will be an interesting game. I see no one is giving us a chance...just the way we like it. I just hope airhead Stafford stays in Detroit and the strong armed gunner boards the plane. Let's get em!

Old 12-30-2014, 05:08 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,059 times
Quote:

Thing is that he either: 1) did it intentionally, in which case the suspension should stand and is consistent with the last case (also a Lion) and his personal history.... or 2) it was an accident and there should be no fine or suspension.

But dropping the suspension and imposing a token fine is saying "we know you are a dirty player and we know you did it intentionally, but keeping the playoffs competitive and our sponsors happy is more important than player safety".

Old 12-31-2014, 06:15 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,391 times
Maybe Suh can make another commercial with Chrysler to make up for the $70k fine.

The director will be like, "Okay Suh... Be sure to say something catchy at the end!"

Dude floors it, looks at the camera and says, "Puts a whole new meaning to 'step on it.'"

Old 12-31-2014, 09:58 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Thing is that he either: 1) did it intentionally, in which case the suspension should stand and is consistent with the last case (also a Lion) and his personal history.... or 2) it was an accident and there should be no fine or suspension.

But dropping the suspension and imposing a token fine is saying "we know you are a dirty player and we know you did it intentionally, but keeping the playoffs competitive and our sponsors happy is more important than player safety".

I believe they didn't overturn the findings (that he willfully hurt another player) but rather, reduced the sentence since he has been clean for 32 games (part of repeat-offender clause in CBA).

Suh's excuse to the appeals board: my feet were cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football