Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 08:17 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times

Advertisements

Toria makes a good point; great teams find a way to win and the Patriots are a great team. Although the Ravens imploded at the end, give them credit for an otherwise good performance. The two unsportsmanlike penalties at the end was downright stupid, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 08:54 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
I didn't want the Pats to win, but that last kickoff baffled me.

They're kicking off from the Ravens' 35, and they just boot it through the end zone. Touchback, Ravens' ball at the 20.

Why not kick the ball out of bounds instead? Then the ball gets placed 30 yards from the spot of the kick. Instead of the 20, the Ravens get the ball way back at the 5.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
What a crazy 4th quarter!!!

Baltimore just showed what a bunch of loser crybabies they really are. Throwing a ref's flag into the crowd? Really? Grow up children! Im glad to see Lewis and Scott go off the field practically in tears, made my night!

Old 12-04-2007, 09:36 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,711 times
Well i didnt get to see the game but i did see sports center today. And i have to say that the every so unstoppable Pats should have got there first loss last night. and i know they didnt and props to the ravens for imploding ( stupid) but the pats may go undefeated in the reg season but once again the defending superbowl champs will defeat them in the playoffs.

But first they have to get by a strong steelers team that are quit capable of manhandling them like the ravens did (rod harrisons words not mine) they have a very good back that will do the same as MaGaee did (i cant spell) so i would not mind seeing the pats go undefeted in the reg season to say they i have seen it but no way champs again

Old 12-04-2007, 10:47 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What a crazy 4th quarter!!!

Baltimore just showed what a bunch of loser crybabies they really are. Throwing a ref's flag into the crowd? Really? Grow up children! Im glad to see Lewis and Scott go off the field practically in tears, made my night!

I normally hate the Ravens ... but I hate the Cheatriots even more.

I would have been steamed, too, if I were in the Ravens' shoes. Some of those calls near the end were absolutely horrible. Moss runs over Rolle, and the Ravens get called for illegal contact? Give me a break. Gaffney's bobble is a TD? "Holding" on Winborne?

Allegedly, some of the refs were verbally abusing the Ravens, which is why Scott went nuts and launched the flag. If the refs really were dogging them, I don't blame them a bit for how they reacted.

I just hope and pray that someone stops Belicheat and his no-class team this season. C'mon, Steelers!

Last edited by Adrian71; 12-04-2007 at 10:56 AM..

Old 12-04-2007, 11:05 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
I would have been steamed, too, if I were in the Ravens' shoes. Some of those calls near the end were absolutely horrible. Moss runs over Rolle, and the Ravens get called for illegal contact? Give me a break. Gaffney's bobble is a TD? "Holding" on Winborne?
Rolle pushed Moss before 5 yards, hence the interference call. Moss tripped up and fell on Rolle, it happens. Good call there by the refs. Gaffney's TD was legit. He had control and both feet in. Another good call by the refs and I was not surprised whatsoever that the call stood after review. The holding call was questionable, but I could see how it would have been called.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:51 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
I know, I know, I know! The Pats came VERY close to losing!

But they DIDN'T! Must be nice. I wish my team had that problem; ALMOST LOSING! Losing by two or more scores has been their bag this year.

Might as well root for the Pats' going 19-0 and continuing that NFL domination. NOTE TO THE NFC: Until you come into the Superbowl and dismantle a team like the Patriots, don't go talking about how the AFC isn't that dominant this year. This is a weird year for everybody.

Oh, I forgot. The Pats have to get there first, don't they? Sorry, my bad.

We'll see how this all stands in about 7 weeks. Come playoff time, it's my bet that they'll start "getting serious" and trying to blow teams out. This ain't gonna be your boring methodical San Antonio Spurs-like Patriots team this season.

Oh, and by the way; I HATE THE BALTIMORE RAVENS! They symbolize everything that disgusts me about the global world and Wal-Mart type domination! I HAIL the Cleveland Browns and hope they win every Superbowl for the next 10 years! And I'm a Bronco Fan! I will always root for the Ravens to lose!

I've got to admit though, it's kind of bittersweet. And you all know by now what my definition of bittersweet is; it's watching your ex-mother-in-law back off a cliff in your new sportscar.

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-04-2007 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Special effects

Old 12-04-2007, 01:08 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
I normally hate the Ravens ... but I hate the Cheatriots even more.

Allegedly, some of the refs were verbally abusing the Ravens, which is why Scott went nuts and launched the flag. If the refs really were dogging them, I don't blame them a bit for how they reacted.

I just hope and pray that someone stops Belicheat and his no-class team this season. C'mon, Steelers!
No offense, but you sound like a bitter Raiders fan still crying about the tuck rule in the snowbowl.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:45 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times
I didn't understand on that final drive why the Ravens backed off their pressure packages and only rushed 3 guys on so many critical 3rd down plays. Why do so many coaches get conservative like that? Why do they go away from what got them in position to win?

Rex Ryan must be an embedded Patriot for calling that timeout (and calling those defenses, too).

One of these days, maybe, a GOOD team will come at the Pats like the Eagles and Ravens did, but won't make the mistakes that lesser teams inevitably make to lose the game. Maybe.

Oh- and just because the Patriots are in the AFC, by no means does that make the whole conference dominant. That idea is so 2006.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:52 AM

5,793 posts, read 13,930,887 times
If I was kicking off from the other team's 35, it would be an on-side kick. What is there to loose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football