Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 03:43 PM

734 posts, read 2,617,866 times

Advertisements

Hopefully J-ville or Oakland are relocating there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 03:50 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
I would love to have a team here but it aint gonna happen.

1. LA is full of transplants. People with allegiances to their "home team" so support will be minimal unless the team wins right away.

2. No one wants the Raiders back here except for the low lifes and gang banger Mexicans who continue to support the team here locally. Raider attire is standard Cholo attire. As such, there will be very little to no corporate support which is needed for any luxury boxes that stadium must have. Plus, normal families would not go because of the criminal gang bangy element in the stands.

3. Industry? No one will want to go way out to Industry to see a football team play. If this is to work, it should be in Los Angeles proper.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 PM

68 posts, read 134,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I would love to have a team here but it aint gonna happen.

1. LA is full of transplants. People with allegiances to their "home team" so support will be minimal unless the team wins right away.

2. No one wants the Raiders back here except for the low lifes and gang banger Mexicans who continue to support the team here locally. Raider attire is standard Cholo attire. As such, there will be very little to no corporate support which is needed for any luxury boxes that stadium must have. Plus, normal families would not go because of the criminal gang bangy element in the stands.

3. Industry? No one will want to go way out to Industry to see a football team play. If this is to work, it should be in Los Angeles proper.

why can't it be in Los Angeles in the first place

Old 09-10-2008, 08:22 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,336,163 times
Doesnt LA also have a lot of native Angelenos and Angelenas?

Then what about Frisco, or oakland? wouldnt they be just the same as LA in that regard?

Old 01-18-2009, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 25,556 times
I'm a die-hard RAM fan and I think if there going to move any team back to LA or even Anaheim it would be the RAMS. There are so many RAM fans still here in California and there would be no problem filling up the new Los Angeles Stadium. The Jaguars and Bills would be awkward, not a good move. Raiders belong in Oakland..

Old 01-19-2009, 01:24 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,404,670 times
Tell me it isn't so. LA! What the heck is left in LA?
Keep'm in St. Louis, at least the fan base is loyal.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:50 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,041,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMS22 View Post
I'm a die-hard RAM fan and I think if there going to move any team back to LA or even Anaheim it would be the RAMS. There are so many RAM fans still here in California and there would be no problem filling up the new Los Angeles Stadium. The Jaguars and Bills would be awkward, not a good move. Raiders belong in Oakland..
i get the feeling that if the rams do end up moving due to stadium and/or ownership issues, the nfl and the various team owners wouldn't mind seeing them go back to los angeles. but it still isn't clear how all of this is going to shake out.

for one thing, the rosenblooms haven't officially sold the team (yet), although almost immediately after their mother died, rumors surfaced that they were looking to sell due to the high estate taxes associated with inheriting the organization. as long as they still own the franchise, it probably isn't going anywhere. but if and when they sell, all bets are off. in fact, i don't see the rams staying in st. louis with any new owner unless it's someone like stan kroenke (who would have to divest himself of his ownership stake in the denver nuggets and colorado avalanche to become majority owner of the rams, if i'm not mistaken).

there was a lot of talk about the rosenblooms selling the rams back in the spring and summer, but the media kind of dropped the story once the nfl season began. i'm sure we'll hear some more rumors in a few weeks after the super bowl is in the books.

second, no one's really sure what's going to happen with the stadium situation in st. louis. the team is almost certainly going to need a new stadium to adhere to the "top 25% in the league" stipulation in their lease (i.e. the team's facility has to be one of the league's eight best) by 2015; otherwise, an out clause will be triggered. while it's conceivable that STL or one of its neighboring communities could eventually get it done, at this stage nothing has happened other than some nervous hand-wringing and speculation about the future.

third, there are still some other teams who have uncertain futures, most notably the chargers, vikings, bills, saints, and jaguars. there are compelling reasons why each of these teams could move or stay put, but for the moment, you can't rule out any of these teams as potential relocation candidates to LA (even the bills, who are much more likely to move to toronto if they do leave buffalo).

bottom line is, until a team actually moves to LA, we're going to keep hearing rumors about all of these teams. still, if one of those teams were to move to LA, it certainly doesn't prevent the rams from moving back at a later date if their stadium situation isn't resolved. after all, the proposed new football stadium in the city of industry was meant to accommodate two nfl teams. plus, the LA market is clearly large enough and wealthy enough to support two franchises, especially if one of them already has a built-in fanbase as the rams do.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:36 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I'm not so sure the Rams will leave town. I would not be surprised if a new stadium actually does come into play in St Louis. There are other teams that stand a chance to possibly make a move to Los Angeles. One is the Jacksonville Jaguars, who have stadium issues of their own, and the other is the Buffalo Bills, who face the team being sold if anything happens to current owner Ralph Wilson. And their stadium definitely is outdated.
So what if our stadium is outdated. So was the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium, but if they(crappy politicians) kept it maintained then it wouldn't need to be demolished . Besides i love the Bills and seriously Ralph Wilson didn't give two-bits about this team when he got it from his father . to me that's just disrespectful of him, and this team could still stay but we just need a good coach, like Bill Cowher Our team has had the talent for years, back when we had Bledsoe we just need a real coach to lead our team. Not a Offensive Coordinator, or Defensive Corrdinator to lead or team, a real coach.
Sorry for the rant, but i just had to get that out. No team should go back to L.A. they had their chance and they blew it. If the Rams or Raiders should move, it should be to a city that never had a team yet.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,240,920 times
Ralph Wilson has owned the Bills since they were founded as an AFL charter franchise in 1960. He didn't inherit the team from anybody. (Interestingly, Wilson had no ties to Buffalo prior to the Bills being founded; he's originally from Detroit and had a summer home in Miami. He originally wanted to put the franchise in Miami, but various football people steered him towards Buffalo. Wilson has shown strong loyalty to Buffalo since then IMO.) If the Bills move anywhere, it would probably be to Toronto.

I could see the Rams moving back to Los Angeles (which wasn't their original home city incidentally; they started out in Cleveland, and long-time Rams owner Dan Reeves - different person than the former NFL player and coach - moved the team to LA in 1946). I think the thing that hurt the Rams in LA was moving to Anaheim (a move made by former Rams owner Carroll Rosenbloom in the late 1970's before he drowned in 1979 because he was fed up with the LA Coliseum - as a side note he essentially "traded" the Baltimore Colts for the Rams in 1972 because he was fed up with Memorial Stadium in Baltimore); it made it much harder for many Rams fans to attend games and also lessened their association with Los Angeles. If the Rams move back to the LA area, they should base themselves close to LA itself (I think City of Industry counts).

I think both the Vikings, Jaguars, and Saints are all candidates for relocation, the Vikings due to their stadium situation, and both the Jaguars and Saints due to small markets. If the Saints move, hopefully it will be to Baton Rouge.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Ralph Wilson has owned the Bills since they were founded as an AFL charter franchise in 1960. He didn't inherit the team from anybody. (Interestingly, Wilson had no ties to Buffalo prior to the Bills being founded; he's originally from Detroit and had a summer home in Miami. He originally wanted to put the franchise in Miami, but various football people steered him towards Buffalo. Wilson has shown strong loyalty to Buffalo since then IMO.) If the Bills move anywhere, it would probably be to Toronto.

I could see the Rams moving back to Los Angeles (which wasn't their original home city incidentally; they started out in Cleveland, and long-time Rams owner Dan Reeves - different person than the former NFL player and coach - moved the team to LA in 1946). I think the thing that hurt the Rams in LA was moving to Anaheim (a move made by former Rams owner Carroll Rosenbloom in the late 1970's before he drowned in 1979 because he was fed up with the LA Coliseum - as a side note he essentially "traded" the Baltimore Colts for the Rams in 1972 because he was fed up with Memorial Stadium in Baltimore); it made it much harder for many Rams fans to attend games and also lessened their association with Los Angeles. If the Rams move back to the LA area, they should base themselves close to LA itself (I think City of Industry counts).

I think both the Vikings, Jaguars, and Saints are all candidates for relocation, the Vikings due to their stadium situation, and both the Jaguars and Saints due to small markets. If the Saints move, hopefully it will be to Baton Rouge.
Screw Toronto man . Canada has it's own football league. HELLOOOOO the CFL!!!!!!!! Toronto doesn't want or need an American team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football