Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 10:37 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times

Advertisements

He's also the most overrated too.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:29 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Didn't I already discredit your jokes on a previous thread?!

No regular corner was targeted less this year, no player in the league had more interceptions .... since he has come into the league no player has more Ints or pass deflections .... no one has a better QB rating against - which sits somewhere in the 40s .......... he can also play the run

At this point it's really not even discussing anymore because the quality of his play is universally accepted as truth - even by those that don't like him

Old 01-23-2014, 02:34 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times
Where was the backlash from Brady chasing down a ref and clearly dropping the F bomb on TV.

Madden said he was embarrassed after the interview of Rich, and that his grandkids were watching, and somehow kids are gonna think this is how football is played.

Brady was in the heat of the moment and so was Sherm, but only one of them was a Thug.

Richard Sherman's the best corner in the game and graduated from Stanford with a 3.9 GPA.
The dude is hilarious and highly intelligent.

So he got emotional in an interview after making the play of the game that put his team into the Super Bowl.
So what? Good for him.

I'm a fan of the guy.
He's awesome.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:40 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
but, but, but ... he scared Erin Andrews

Old 01-23-2014, 03:11 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Where was the backlash from Brady chasing down a ref and clearly dropping the F bomb on TV.

Madden said he was embarrassed after the interview of Rich, and that his grandkids were watching, and somehow kids are gonna think this is how football is played.

Brady was in the heat of the moment and so was Sherm, but only one of them was a Thug.

Richard Sherman's the best corner in the game and graduated from Stanford with a 3.9 GPA.

So he got emotional in an interview after making the play of the game that put his team into the Super Bowl.
So what? Good for him.

I'm a fan of the guy.
He's awesome.
Agreed. There is clearly a double standard here. Brady has also yelled at his coach as well. You would never hear this type of backlash about him.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:28 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Didn't I already discredit your jokes on a previous thread?!
Were you the guy who was trying to debate with numbers from the idiots at PFF and then couldn't even correctly identify the Seahawks coverage schemes?

Edit: Just checked, and you are. You should definitely learn how to decipher schemes and coverages before you try debating with the guys here who actually know their football.

Quote:
No regular corner was targeted less this year, no player in the league had more interceptions .... since he has come into the league no player has more Ints or pass deflections .... no one has a better QB rating against - which sits somewhere in the 40s .......... he can also play the run

At this point it's really not even discussing anymore because the quality of his play is universally accepted as truth - even by those that don't like him
No one, myself included, would dispute that Sherman is very good. Earlier this year I said I'd put him in the 6-10 range of active corners. Now, I'd say 4 or 5/borderline elite would be fair. He's still far from the best in the game though, despite what he may think.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:58 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,627,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post

So what? Good for him.

I'm a fan of the guy.
He's awesome.
Excellent post. And people are selectively seeing what they want to see regarding this or other outbursts. Someone mentioned that "U Mad Bro?" thing with Tom Brady last season. That was not just Sherman chasing Brady down to start something- the whole story is that he and Tom were jawing either before the game or at halftime, and Brady said something to the effect of "Come and see me after the game, I'll show you the scoreboard". So Sherman did just that at the end of the game, he went to find Brady and asked his now famous line "U Mad Bro?" You could say that he should have just let it go at that point, but the point of this is to say he is not the only guilty party- this was BOTH of them jawing back and forth and Sherman is only guilty of not letting it go once getting the win.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Really one would think the NFL who he represents would care as to image. But he is not the only thug seen showing it in last few e years.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:55 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
I gotta admit it: I think I was probably too quick to judge Sherman this time. I thought Sherman had talked trash after the game, but it doesn't appear that this is what started the sequence. Sherman's done other things to get under people's skin, but this might be overblown.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:55 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I agree that Ed Werder is a better reporter than Erin Andrews but your using a poor reporter an an excuse for Bad Behavior.. that doesn't fly in my book, sorry.

Ed was able to get him to calm down and smile. She on the otherhand caused him to get more hyper with her silly questions. And why wasn't she smiling when she was talking to him like Ed was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football