Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:37 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times

Advertisements

I don't think anyone doubts Sherman it the BEST, he is just not humble about it and most folks do not take to well to that type of attitude. Eventually, it will come back to haunt him but for now, to the victor go the spoils.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:39 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Give it up, this isn't the politics forum, we get what you are saying and plenty of players had a hard road to the NFL!

Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't think anyone doubts Sherman it the BEST, he is just not humble about it and most folks do not take to well to that type of attitude. Eventually, it will come back to haunt him but for now, to the victor go the spoils.
No, it wont

He'll be tops until he isn't.

Right now he's a 2 time all pro and super bowl champion and a key member of one of the better defenses of this generation.

No one can ever take that away.

The game catches up to everyone at some point - just the way it goes ...... but he'll continue to do all the right things to put himself in the best position for success because that is simply the way he approaches things

Old 02-03-2014, 07:47 AM

Yes it will..
Eventually, he will regret all of his antics. you may not think so, but I already think he has a tinge of regret for what he said after the NFC Champ game..

Old 02-03-2014, 08:01 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Quote:
Yes it will..
Eventually, he will regret all of his antics. you may not think so, but I already think he has a tinge of regret for what he said after the NFC Champ game..
He talks to play a mental game - he's already won it against Kaepernick and Crabtree - especially with all the mess that Kaepernick has been talking this week

Sherman is still learning the best ways to turn the screws .... he's been working on that since his rookie year .... nothing new here though, many players look for those who they think are mentally weak and try to get any advantage they can over them

Old 02-03-2014, 08:08 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Humility is overrated. When you're the best, you can say whatever you want.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Give it up, this isn't the politics forum, we get what you are saying and plenty of players had a hard road to the NFL!
I agree Susan. But everybody was so upset and acted like he was some sort of criminal after his little rant a couple of weeks ago. They judged him way to fast calling him all kinds of names such as thug....without knowing anything about him. Sherman is truly a great guy. He is very active in his community doing allot of good things. He is far from a thug, criminal, jerk, a-hole, idiot and all these other names people were throwing his way. There were people on here saying "I can't belive anybody can support the Seahawks after what Sherman did" ...I mean, really?

Old 02-03-2014, 08:25 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
You're totally right on that point. It was the heat of the moment, understandable. I'm just tired of the race card being played and someone saying he is an American Hero, please that is over the top.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I agree Susan. But everybody was so upset and acted like he was some sort of criminal after his little rant a couple of weeks ago. They judged him way to fast calling him all kinds of names such as thug....without knowing anything about him. Sherman is truly a great guy. He is very active in his community doing allot of good things. He is far from a thug, criminal, jerk, a-hole, idiot and all these other names people were throwing his way. There were people on here saying "I can't belive anybody can support the Seahawks after what Sherman did" ...I mean, really?
I get some of what your saying.. but if Sherman were TRULY A GREAT GUY, he would not have said what he said. Sorry, GREAT GUYS don't do that..

Old 02-03-2014, 08:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
I get some of what your saying.. but if Sherman were TRULY A GREAT GUY, he would not have said what he said. Sorry, GREAT GUYS don't do that..

Oh come on. It was very contrived (not spur of the moment at all) and he made himself A LOT of money with this "controversy". He's an entertainer that entertained, and being paid very little as a 7th rounder on a rookie contract he very very intelligently put himself in a position to become rich from his play and the persona he promotes of himself. Brilliant really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football