Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 12:25 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Question to everybody: Seeing as how the Cowboys are 1st in rushing attempts and dead last in pass attempts in the NFL, you could probably swap out Dak Prescott with any of the the top 12-13 QBs in the NFL and Dallas is still 10-1. Agree or disagree?
That's the second time you've thrown out a false claim now. You want us to answer a question you are asking based on false information you provide? Or 3rd time if we include your previous claim that Dak is not top 10 in any major statistical QB categories. I'm guessing you think there are only three significant QB statistics: attempts, completions and total yards.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Alex Smith is a game manager
Bogus claim as well. Did you watch the Sunday Night game? If that is game managing sign me up.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:34 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,743 times
Just found out Dak won rookie of the month for November

Old 12-01-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Also, people keep talking about how Dak only has 2 interceptions. Well when you're dead last in the NFL in pass attempts per game and there are 5 QBs who LITERALLY have 100+ more pass attempts than you....
Okay, but why does he have 18 TDs (plus 5 more on the ground for a total of 23)though then? He's ranked 14th in passing TD's. Going by your logic he should be ranked 30th in passing TD's.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Really stats can be spun any way you want to get a point across, and coaches say (Belichick, McCarthy) all the time, stats are for losers. I'm sure Belichick said it first and McCarthy copied him.
Hey! What are you trying to say here?

Old 12-01-2016, 12:49 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Nothing! I've been listening to way too many McCarthy pressers! I think we all use stats on this board to state our particular cases or opinions!

Old 12-01-2016, 01:08 PM

5,829 posts, read 5,635,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Born in Plano, live in NY (past 30 yrs)....we still count the "barnstorming" championships of 1937 and 1942 when you were playing teams like the Acme Meat Packers and the Canton Bulldogs on the level of Super Bowls? really? seriously?....You have 3 real championships, Dallas has 5
Well, seeing as the NFL still officially counts those trophies, yes, the Washington Redskins are 5-time NFL champions. What are you gonna tell me next? The Packers are only 4x champions? The Cleveland Browns have never won a trophy? The NFL doesn't accredit pre-Super Bowl trophies?

Lol, please, Stop it...

We can all section off eras of football and put more weight on specific eras, I have no problem with that. But all the Super Bowl really is, is the annual NFL World Championship Game--it just has a better name and has become a bigger event than other sports' championships. So, yes, the Washington Redskins are 5x NFL champions, unless the NFL just changed its criteria and I don't know about it...

Old 12-01-2016, 02:08 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Don't go down that road, don't do it! You have 3 real championships, Dallas has 5 Redskins have 5 also!

This has been discussed so many times on this board and elsewhere and usually it is younger fans, versus older fans and a definite line drawn in the sand. Just like the SB should not define a QBs career, because it is a team game and not a QB stat, the NFL recognizes ALL championships, which is why Green Bay is called Titletown, they have 13 championships.

https://sportslistoftheday.com/2012/...s-super-bowls/

Now they are listed separately, but that does not make one list more REAL than the other. You cannot throw away the history of the NFL and start with later years. Where would the NFL be without those early games and teams?

Old 12-01-2016, 03:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
So you think Eli or Cousins, behind that Dallas o-line and with Elliot....that they wouldn't be as successful as Dak? I don't get the logic. Cousins and Eli would both have to scale back their production to be on Dak's level, becaue they both are asked to throw it a lot more. Dak doesn't throw very much, because his offensive coordinator doens't ask him to.

I get that some people find the term "game manager" as a negative. So without calling him a game manager, my point still stands that, when comparing the workloads of Cousins and Eli to Dak, they're WAY above what Dak is doing.
i get how lucky prescott is, and i know that it could have been conner cook instead, but the raiders traded up to get ahead of the cowboys and pick cook. the cowboy could also have had wentz or goff except that the eagles and rams traded up to get them as well.

would any other quarterback be as, or more, successful in the current dallas offensive scheme? perhaps, but then again they are not in that scheme are they? once again i think you have a blind rage against anything cowboys, and as such you just dont see the whole picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Look at your original scenario, you subtly changed the wording around....This latest post is "would they be as successful"....who knows, are you talking for a season? multiple seasons? No one knows

Your original post was "would they be 10-1"....I don't think they would....Cousins had some lousy games in the early part of the season. I would argue he made the pivotal mistake in the first meeting with the Cowboys with the Int in the endzone to Church....Eli, same way, he has had some bad games....Dak hasn't really had a "bad game"....Now before you start taking my post out of context, I am in no way saying Dak is a better or worse QB than any other QB....I am not the "in the moment, now" type fan....its 11 games, he is a rookie. I am enjoying his early success. 11 games does not make him "elite" in my mind....Play like this for 3,4,5 yrs, then you can be called "ELITE" or "Top 10", not after 11 games. Similar to how I feel about Cousins....3,4,5 yrs playing consistently like he has played over the last 7 or 8 games, THEN you can be in convo as an elite QB

Do I think Dallas would have a winning record if Cousins/Eli/Wentz was QBing them....yes....do I think they are 10-1, NO (my opinion)....I will give you something else to chew on....Since we are playing hypothetical....Take Dak out of the equation and Romo is healthy....out of Romo, Cousins, Eli, Wentz, Romo is not only the better QB, he would have a better record with the Cowboys than the other 3....Let the flogging start now....
i think you are wrong, i think prescott HAS had a bad game or two. the packers and eagles certainly went after him, and rattled his cage in the first half of those games. but what to high quality QBs do when their game starts off not going so good? they regroup, listen to their coaches, and step up and do better.

Quote:
Cousins and Eli...not a chance. Kirk is going to become one of the highest paid QBs in the NFL in March.

Maybe Wentz, but he has it so bad compared to Dak. Eagles are one of the worst teams in the NFL talent wise offensively.

I don't think Dallas fans truly understand just how lucky Dak is. #1 offensive line in the NFL. Check. #1 running back in the NFL. check. All day to go through his progressions and throw the ball because he's standing behind the #1 offensive line in the NFL. Check. If Dak played for some random team with an average line and RB like say Detroit or Giants, Dak would definitely not be 10-1. At this point in time, Dak is a compliment to Elliot. Dak is not the "feature" of that offense.

Also, people keep talking about how Dak only has 2 interceptions. Well when you're dead last in the NFL in pass attempts per game and there are 5 QBs who LITERALLY have 100+ more pass attempts than you....
so you NEVER read my post about a number of stats that i posted in this thread that show prescott and brady have similar average stats this season. and i know that if you do bother to read that post, you will come back and complain that brady has only been in seven games this season compared to prescotts eleven games, and i will counter with you only looked at the raw stats and not the average per game stats.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:38 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
So last 2 games for Dak...:.

Under 200 yards each game

Total of 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions

Under 50 % passing tonight

Costly loss to Giants where he looked very much like a rookie

MVP????

He may not be starting next week

He is out of the MVP race if he was ever in it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football