Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 01:17 PM

3,736 posts, read 2,566,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I think the Redskins want to keep their color scheme, but I think they are going to pick a more generic name just so they don't have to ever deal with this crap ever again
They may retain burgundy & gold, but it's a really meager net takeaway.
Washington no longer has the players I liked growing up, different unsuccessful coaches, a different terrible owner.. they don't play in DC anymore.. and now they're abandoning their historical name. To me, there is literally nothing left for long time fans to identify with, or cheer for.. It is a completely different and lame franchise. And there is already a better franchise in Maryland. What appeal or connection is left for regional or generational Redskin fans to embrace (?)

Old 07-14-2020, 01:46 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
They may retain burgundy & gold, but it's a really meager net takeaway.
Washington no longer has the players I liked growing up, different unsuccessful coaches, a different terrible owner.. they don't play in DC anymore.. and now they're abandoning their historical name. To me, there is literally nothing left for long time fans to identify with, or cheer for.. It is a completely different and lame franchise. And there is already a better franchise in Maryland. What appeal or connection is left for regional or generational Redskin fans to embrace (?)
Come On - EVERY team no longer has the players that we liked growing up, different unsuccessful coaches, and owners who may or may not be terrible, don't play in the city anymore, and have abandoned their historical name - and STILL have fans. Since you mentioned Baltimore - those people had to watch the Colts leave but I'm sure that they QUICKLY adopted the Ravens.
What appeal or connection is left for regional or generational fans to embrace? There is something known as your heart. THAT will tell you that you HAVE to root for the new name - and you'll PROBABLY end up being a diehard fan of this team.
So STOP your whining and get over it.

Old 07-15-2020, 11:02 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Rumor has it, the name favored by the organization is "Redwolves", however there may be a "trademark" issue with it.
Some parasite has been trademarking potential names.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washing...rtin-mccaulay/

Old 07-15-2020, 05:46 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Some parasite has been trademarking potential names.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washing...rtin-mccaulay/
More business sense than Dan Snyder. Good for him.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:42 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
This is a good time to let some people cool off here.

Will re-open this thread tomorrow afternoon-some cleanup is needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football