Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 03:02 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times

Advertisements

If the Packers play like they have the last 2 games, no way they can beat the Redskins! They almost beat the Falcons (1 point loss), then lose to Colts and Titans, two teams they should have been able to beat. I don't get McCarthy, his game planning, not at all and Rodgers hard to pinpoint where he is, his mindset doesn't seem to be in a good place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 04:10 PM

5,820 posts, read 5,627,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
If the Packers play like they have the last 2 games, no way they can beat the Redskins! They almost beat the Falcons (1 point loss), then lose to Colts and Titans, two teams they should have been able to beat. I don't get McCarthy, his game planning, not at all and Rodgers hard to pinpoint where he is, his mindset doesn't seem to be in a good place.
I only saw half the Skins game, and didn't catch any of the Packers. Looks like they got stomped, though...

I'll say that I've become a fan of Fat Rob, I wasn't a believer at first, but boy is he tough. He's not fast but he's sure-handed. The Fox NFL crew endorsed Cousins as a franchise quarterback today, and I'm inclined to agree. He played outstanding, probably his best overall game today. He'll never be a franchise QB of Top 5 pedigree, but he's earning that big contract. He gives us a chance to win each week. McCloughan is a smart guy, he understands the difficulty of finding a franchise quarterback in this league. Cousins' Achilles heel was bad turnovers, but he's playing better and better each week and has eliminated the picks. Give the man his money!

This defense pissed me off with their bend-but-don't-break ****, but this year they've come up with the big play at the right time for us. That interception by Smith and that last second stand to seal the game was golden. They absolutely have to be more consistent with winning these close games, we don't have a choice, and we have to learn to stop the run. We looked good today but hell, we know Minnesota can't run it...

The Packers game is a test. We know we're 5-1-1 in our last 7 and the Pack is on a three game L streak, but we cannot look past them! We have to win that game next week...

Old 11-13-2016, 05:07 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
I get it and Packers should be coming in with the mentality they have to win! They should have today, opportunity to be 5-4 with Lions and Vikings, now they are 4-5, backs against the wall. You would think they would be playing like their hair is on fire!

The game on Sunday should be interesting, to say the least. Hope both teams play well, and no injuries. Two went down on the O line, their last 2 replacements played, but no excuses, they played bad.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:33 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,271 times
I didn't think it would take the skins a close game to beat the vikings but they still got the win. Skins win next week and I think they are defintely going back to the playoffs.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:36 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I didn't think it would take the skins a close game to beat the vikings but they still got the win. Skins win next week and I think they are defintely going back to the playoffs.
The Redskins started off strong, then took a break in the second quarter before finishing them off.

The Vikings scored their points in the second quarter.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
The Redskins started off strong, then took a break in the second quarter before finishing them off.

The Vikings scored their points in the second quarter.

I will definitely have to get some pizza for that sunday night game next week, Packers vs skins lol

Old 11-13-2016, 07:09 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
This team just needs a killer instinct. Flip of the coin, and this team could be 8-1 (No way they were winning that Steelers game the way they played) or.. They could be 0-9. There's no way the Eagles game should have been as close as it was. Total domination.. Yet, it came down to the end where the Eagles had a chance.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:12 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
This team just needs a killer instinct. Flip of the coin, and this team could be 8-1 (No way they were winning that Steelers game the way they played) or.. They could be 0-9. There's no way the Eagles game should have been as close as it was. Total domination.. Yet, it came down to the end where the Eagles had a chance.
Yeah it is frustrating when you see your team move it at will and completely dominate to go up 14-0 and knowing, not thinking but knowing, that they will let the opponent back in the game. But like the red zone problem this will come in time. It's a process, in only 2 years they have gone from laughing stock to respectability. The next step is to play 60 minutes and learn to put teams away.

All I know is I'm watching meaningful games near Thanksgiving, that has been rare around here. Hail!

Old 11-14-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah it is frustrating when you see your team move it at will and completely dominate to go up 14-0 and knowing, not thinking but knowing, that they will let the opponent back in the game. But like the red zone problem this will come in time. It's a process, in only 2 years they have gone from laughing stock to respectability. The next step is to play 60 minutes and learn to put teams away.

All I know is I'm watching meaningful games near Thanksgiving, that has been rare around here. Hail!
Probably because it's natural for nfl defenses to be less agressive when their team is up two scores which still never made sense to me.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:33 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,466,965 times
Teams make adjustments. Minnesota saw a weakness and kept exploiting it until the 'skins were able to make their adjustments. The Redskins also turned the ball over right before the half, which lead to that third Vikings score. But look on the bright side, the 'skins shut them out in the second half. The good thing is, this team beat an NFC team it HAD to beat. There's another game coming up next weekend that will be more of the same. A team they HAVE to beat in the Packers. I'm pretty sure the Redskins are going to drop a game or two down the stretch, it's important that the teams they lose to don't hurt them in the race to the playoffs. Only thing with that is, all the rest of the games are NFC games, including three more NFC East games, so it's going to be tough.

It sounds awful, but if the 'skins have to lose a game or two, you'd rather it be either against a team that has first place locked up in their division, or some team that has absolutely no chance at making the playoffs, but won't be playing any of the other teams who are in second place in their division. Not sure who the latter would be, but the Redskins still have to play the Cowboys, and as much as it would make me puke to see them lose to the Cowboys, that might not be a game that hurts them too badly. I know it's a rival and I know it's an NFC East team, but I'd rather them lose to the Cowboys than the Giants or Eagles, who are also bidding to finish in second place. There's a good chance the NFC East sends two teams to the playoffs, so you're figuring it's going to be Dallas and one of the other three teams.

Of course, you want the Redskins to win out and finish 12-3-1, but 10-5-1 might be enough to get them in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football