Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 07:32 AM

158 posts, read 73,683 times

Advertisements

Actually it's not as hard as you think....Since 1970, the merger, 19 times teams have met in the playoffs that played twice in the regular season (with one team winning the previous 2 meetings). In that third game, the team that won the 2 meetings previously has a 12-7 record in the 3rd game. Word of note to skins fans, don't worry about Dallas. You need to focus on the Giants and Eagles. Those 2 teams are a lot closer to you than Dallas is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 07:43 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'm not hanging my head down on this one. It wasn't easy for Dallas. The Redskins offense is brilliant. Cousins will get paid. The defense still needs more pieces. My hat's off to Dallas on the sweep. Dont rule out a third meeting. The Redskins will make the playoffs, and honestly, they won't care if the have to win road games to get another crack at them. You don't want to face this team a third time. If it happens, at least the coaching staff will have plenty of time to prepare.
This has been my take all year win or lose. Less than 2 seasons ago we were lost, didn't think we had a QB and appeared to be starting over. Again. Now our offense can compete with any in the league once the red zone gets squared away. What's more we appear to finally have a QB, the most difficult position in all of sports to fill, after trying for 2 generations.

Nope I am very optimistic about our future, just need to be patient as SM drafts defensive players. And don't forget about Galette.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:54 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I am penciling in the Cowboys as NFC East Champions.. the Giants are the only team that can realistically still catch them but they will need some help.. plus they likely have to win out which would mean beating the Cowboys/Steelers/Reskins/Eagles and Lions who if i recall, did beat the Redskins. Personally, i don't see it happening but i suppose it could.
I see two losses for sure out of that schedule which is the skins and steelers.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:16 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Actually it's not as hard as you think....Since 1970, the merger, 19 times teams have met in the playoffs that played twice in the regular season (with one team winning the previous 2 meetings). In that third game, the team that won the 2 meetings previously has a 12-7 record in the 3rd game. Word of note to skins fans, don't worry about Dallas. You need to focus on the Giants and Eagles. Those 2 teams are a lot closer to you than Dallas is
How are the Eagles closer to the Cowboys than the Redskins?

Old 11-25-2016, 09:27 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,701,215 times
Quote:
He said the Eagles and Giants are closer to the Redskins than the Redskins are to the Cowboys.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
yes i believe the eagles are 5-5 and the skins are 6-4-1 which means the eagles will still be in last place in the NFC East even if they beat the packers on monday to go to 6-5.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
He said the Eagles and Giants are closer to the Redskins than the Redskins are to the Cowboys.
The skins actually need to worry about the Giants because the eagles are in last place in the NFC East even with a win over the Packers this week. The Giants are the team they should be focused on at 7-3 so they can get a higher wildcard seed at #5 as they currently sit at #6.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:46 AM

158 posts, read 73,683 times
Quote:
Eagles and Giants are closer to the Redskins than Dallas is (record wise). you seem to be liking the idea of getting Dallas a 3rd time in the playoffs. You should be worried about making the playoffs instead of a rematch

Old 11-25-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Eagles and Giants are closer to the Redskins than Dallas is (record wise). you seem to be liking the idea of getting Dallas a 3rd time in the playoffs. You should be worried about making the playoffs instead of a rematch
Skins control own the destiny to make the playoffs as they currently have the 6th seed in the NFC.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:16 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Well, one thing is for sure. Kirk is our guy. Holy crap did he go off again yesterday. If only we had a defense that could stop somebody

Pretty much what I expected. Even after a short week, on the road, against the best team in the NFL, it went down to the last drive and we lost by one possession.

But that o-line is just so dominant, Zeek is running through craters and Dak has 7-8 seconds to throw the ball. Their o-line is so good that it makes Zeke and Dak's jobs SO friggin' easy. Hats off to Dallas, they're pretty darn good.

Our ILBs are garbage. Nothing personal, Compton and Foster seem like nice people. But they probably don't start on 28 out of 32 NFL teams.

Mcvay has to stop getting cute in the redzone and stick to what works. Wildcat direct snap to Kelley against a stacked box?! Really, guys?

I'm proud of this team though, we are finally getting it together. We aren't even all the way there yet, and still we're a top 10 team in the league right now. Once we get some pieces on D sorted out, the Redskisn will be a good team for the next decade.

Last edited by skins_fan82; 11-25-2016 at 11:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football