Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2022, 06:16 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I hate the new name, hell, half of us can't even spell the damned word. And it seems pretentious, as if Dan Snyder could command a troop of boy scouts to a latrine.

What should we call this thread? Gimme some feedback.
- Washington Commanders Team Thread
- Washington NFL Team Thread
- Washington Football Team Thread
- Suffering Washington Fans Thread
Just give it a generic thread name, just like the team name is generic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 06:34 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Will their nickname be "the Commies"?

Old 02-02-2022, 08:21 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,358 times
Could be worse. Could be Commissars.

(If they were going to go military, I think Captains might have worked better.)

Old 02-03-2022, 10:49 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Been a Redskin fan forever, and attended my first game when Sonny was the QB. Had season tickets from 1981-1994, and was at every game. Die hard Redskin fan here!

First, I was extremely disappointed in the decision to surrender to the woke crowd, and abandon the Redskins name. The name has such a long rich history, I considered it an insult to such an historically significant franchise, and a betrayal of the entire Redskin family.

When they came up with the interim name “Washington Football Team”, I scratched my head in wondering who came up with this gem? WFT is so close to WTF, perhaps it should stay. And for a while now, there has been all this hype and anticipation and rumors and much speculating about the new name, and all of the hints and misdirection, and this build up to the BIG REVEAL! Figuring that they must have come up with something more creative, we anxiously anticipated the big day, of the BIG REVEAL, and it finally arrives, and what happened?

The most pathetic demonstration of incompetence so far from Snyder and his crew of brain dead nincompoops that shouldn’t be trusted to manage a lemonade stand. This entire organization continues to set new records of incompetency. The bar is set so low now, an ant can’t crawl under it. It literally defies explanation.

Setting aside for a moment the name itself, which is horrible and seems to be a universal fail among fans ….. we sit on the edge of our seats, counting down the days leading up to 2-2-22 for this suspenseful big reveal, and this is what they present? This low budget, less than generic presentation that looks like they put all of an hour and a half into the production. I mean, it leaves me speechless…. and it really is the epitome of what has become the Dan Snyder Redskins over the decades, one boneheaded maneuver after another. The scandals, the idiotic personnel decisions, the blown opportunities, none of this could have been better demonstrated than this ill conceived, atrociously pasted together farce of a “big reveal day”. A generic backdrop that looked like something that was reclaimed from a warehouse somewhere, faded and dusty, and three mannequins off to the side of the stage dressed in plain, generic looking uniforms, with a plain generic W as the new team logo?

I saw the hint video with Ron Rivera seeing the helmet for the first time, and he’s saying “oh yeah, I like that”. You like that? A lot? It’s a freaking W for gods sake. I was hoping for something a little more creative … why? I have no idea why I would expect this clown show to produce something amazing. What was I thinking?

Just another sad day for the Washington Redskins fans … how many more?

Old 02-03-2022, 11:09 AM

448 posts, read 251,198 times
Will the C's (could *that* be their shorthand name?) bring back the band with a new fight song?

Will this fellow end up on the roster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkVAlI2IIvI

Or this dude?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ZycJC-pmo

Old 02-03-2022, 12:00 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
I am thoroughly disappointed that they didn’t keep the name and change the mascot to a potato.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:19 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Well, did they know this would happen, or were oblivious to it? Color of red, new name Commanders and now the name is shortened to "Commies" out in twitter land? They did not see this coming?

Old 02-04-2022, 09:42 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Been a Redskin fan forever, and attended my first game when Sonny was the QB. Had season tickets from 1981-1994, and was at every game. Die hard Redskin fan here!

First, I was extremely disappointed in the decision to surrender to the woke crowd, and abandon the Redskins name. The name has such a long rich history, I considered it an insult to such an historically significant franchise, and a betrayal of the entire Redskin family.

When they came up with the interim name “Washington Football Team”, I scratched my head in wondering who came up with this gem? WFT is so close to WTF, perhaps it should stay. And for a while now, there has been all this hype and anticipation and rumors and much speculating about the new name, and all of the hints and misdirection, and this build up to the BIG REVEAL! Figuring that they must have come up with something more creative, we anxiously anticipated the big day, of the BIG REVEAL, and it finally arrives, and what happened?

The most pathetic demonstration of incompetence so far from Snyder and his crew of brain dead nincompoops that shouldn’t be trusted to manage a lemonade stand. This entire organization continues to set new records of incompetency. The bar is set so low now, an ant can’t crawl under it. It literally defies explanation.

Setting aside for a moment the name itself, which is horrible and seems to be a universal fail among fans ….. we sit on the edge of our seats, counting down the days leading up to 2-2-22 for this suspenseful big reveal, and this is what they present? This low budget, less than generic presentation that looks like they put all of an hour and a half into the production. I mean, it leaves me speechless…. and it really is the epitome of what has become the Dan Snyder Redskins over the decades, one boneheaded maneuver after another. The scandals, the idiotic personnel decisions, the blown opportunities, none of this could have been better demonstrated than this ill conceived, atrociously pasted together farce of a “big reveal day”. A generic backdrop that looked like something that was reclaimed from a warehouse somewhere, faded and dusty, and three mannequins off to the side of the stage dressed in plain, generic looking uniforms, with a plain generic W as the new team logo?

I saw the hint video with Ron Rivera seeing the helmet for the first time, and he’s saying “oh yeah, I like that”. You like that? A lot? It’s a freaking W for gods sake. I was hoping for something a little more creative … why? I have no idea why I would expect this clown show to produce something amazing. What was I thinking?

Just another sad day for the Washington Redskins fans … how many more?

We may have seen our last if we just walk away from this clown show.

Old 02-04-2022, 11:15 AM

3,734 posts, read 2,562,051 times
The logo looks like a city logo, basically something you'd see on the door of a city or county work truck. It has no personality, and I don't think they have a mascot either.. it's just the letter W, and the soul-less logo. No real imagery to build on..

Old 02-05-2022, 07:10 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
The logo looks like a city logo, basically something you'd see on the door of a city or county work truck. It has no personality, and I don't think they have a mascot either.. it's just the letter W, and the soul-less logo. No real imagery to build on..
I emailed them a dozen times. I advocated switching to Redhawks and going with the Lombardi/Allen R or the scripted R.

As always, Dan Snyder disdains common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football