Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 08:32 AM

78,734 posts, read 60,939,328 times

Advertisements

Not trying to kick anybody while they're down and I'm a casual NFL fan so I haven't followed all of this super closely....but it seems like this entire fiasco is extremely bad management.

Is that the GM that did that or do the owners get involved and jack things up like we see in other franchises around the NFL, NBA and MLB?

When a team is down and out for a really really long time I have to think there is just some sort of organizational rot starting at the ownership level. <<Points at the NY Knicks>>

Again, just curious to hear your thoughts, obviously I haven't been paying attention to the team over time but you have so thx in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 06:30 AM

9,591 posts, read 9,905,686 times
As a LONG time Cleveland Browns fan, the emotions that I felt yesterday were some of the strongest I've had watching football. Everyone was against the Browns to win this game, which really perplexed me, since I knew what kind of QB that Baker was and the Defense the Browns had.

Why pick a new QB who only had a few weeks to prepare...especially Baker Mayfield, to win this game. Yet just about every pundit did that. All because of this mythical "revenge/chip on his shoulder" thing that Mayfield allegedly had.

Baker looked like crap for three quarters, pretty much what a new QB would look like in his first game in a new system. By the fourth Q, Baker was "looking" better, but only due to blown coverage by CB and Safeties, a problem the Browns have had for a while.

I understand that we had a very long streak of losing the opener, but records are made to be broken and most sports fans knows that. The Browns have a lot of work to do yet. Jacoby needs work, the Browns Defense need to tighten things up late in the game and the Coaches need to go for the jugular instead of trying to coast to a victory.

It's going to be a long season for Cleveland. The AFC North is a slaughter house. Steelers...wow. I'm still being pragmatic and know that even a 10-7 season would be a major accomplishment this year.

But for this week I'm going to savor a great victory! Go Browns! Woof woof!!

Old 09-12-2022, 12:52 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,233,121 times
And THAT is why you draft a kicker in the 4th round! Or so I've heard, lol.

I don't hate Baker, and I may favor him and the Panthers in any other game, but not against my Brownies.

Gawd I love Myles Garrett.

Great game and hope Jacoby figures out some stuff 'cause he was missing open receivers A LOT.

Old 09-12-2022, 02:38 PM

42,006 posts, read 75,408,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
As a LONG time Cleveland Browns fan, the emotions that I felt yesterday were some of the strongest I've had watching football. Everyone was against the Browns to win this game, which really perplexed me, since I knew what kind of QB that Baker was and the Defense the Browns had.
So typical, though. Cleveland vs. the world. Good thing we're used to it.

Quote:
It's going to be a long season for Cleveland. The AFC North is a slaughter house. Steelers...wow.
Not sure if it was "Steelers ... wow" or the Bengals reverting to Bungles form. Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
And THAT is why you draft a kicker in the 4th round! Or so I've heard, lol.
I saw that meme on social media, too.

Quote:
Great game and hope Jacoby figures out some stuff 'cause he was missing open receivers A LOT.
Some of the mistakes he made seemed like the result of being a little rusty. I wonder if the starters shouldn't be playing a quarter or two more during the preseason games.

Old 09-12-2022, 02:44 PM

26,702 posts, read 41,840,290 times
Panthers fan here and I’ll say very well played by the Browns. Chubb IMO was the difference maker along with Hunt. But that kick was crazy at the end.

Old 09-13-2022, 05:15 AM

9,591 posts, read 9,905,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Not sure if it was "Steelers ... wow" or the Bengals reverting to Bungles form. Time will tell.
My brother (Browns fan) agrees with you. He's been saying that Bungles are going to choke this season, I was hesitant to go with him on that. But the Steelers had multiple opportunities to blow the Bengals out after turnovers, but did not, so that says something about their offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Panthers fan here and I’ll say very well played by the Browns. Chubb IMO was the difference maker along with Hunt. But that kick was crazy at the end.
I still think it was blown coverage by the Browns that gave Baker those two long passes, but either way, it probably have Baker a boost of confidence. I hope he does well now with the Panthers. They have a opportunity to steal a wild card if things go their way.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:55 AM

Wow! What a great game. There were some sloppy spots here and there but on a short week after that unbelievable loss to the Jets, this was one worth watching.

My man Myles was a little quiet, but it looked to me like they were double and triple covering him so...

Brissett improved quite a bit. Maybe he just needed to get more comfortable and build trust. Chubb and Hunt, well, what more needs to be said!

The last play was freaking awesome and it was just icing on the cake that it was the stillers.

Way to go BROWNIES!!!

Old 09-26-2022, 06:58 PM

42,006 posts, read 75,408,821 times
Beating the Steelers is always a good thing.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:45 PM

602 posts, read 317,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post

Gawd I love Myles Garrett.
Just read this a few minutes ago

"Browns’ Myles Garrett hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries after car flipped several times"

https://nypost.com/2022/09/26/browns...-car-accident/

Old 09-27-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
Just read this a few minutes ago

"Browns’ Myles Garrett hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries after car flipped several times"

https://nypost.com/2022/09/26/browns...-car-accident/
I saw that last night and thought OH NO! It's good he seems to be okay, maybe just some bruising. Must have been going a little too fast in that Porsche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football