Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2021, 10:00 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,850,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Garrett...4.5 sacks today...this is the defense I wanted to see...
Offense Chubb and Hunt wearing them down...

This is the type of game I love to see.
We were advised that it would take 3-4 games before the D started jelling. Looks like they are just about there. Pray they all stay healthy through the season.

Just remember though that it was atrocious play calling by the Bears HC that helped our Defense do so well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 07:56 PM

771 posts, read 630,125 times
Browns fan here (not from Ohio) and the Chargers game was a disappointment, but it's way too early to hit the panic button. The Chargers are a really good team, and might be the best in the AFC alongside Buffalo. The Browns are top five in the AFC but they're not the best in the conference yet.

There are some issues that need to be addressed, though. Especially if the Browns are going to take a shot at winning the division (unfortunately Baltimore keeps winning, might be tough in the future).

1. Inconsistency. The only consistent parts of the team are the running game and pass rush, assuming everyone is healthy. That's about it. Maybe the kicking, as well. It looks like they finally found a kicker.

2. Joe Woods. I mean, I don't understand how those Chargers receivers were so open. Yeah, the defensive backs were banged up, but come on...

3. Finishing games. I love Stefanski and he deserved the coach of the year award, but the one knock on him is that he struggles when it comes to actually closing games out. The end of the Chargers game is a perfect example, it's almost like he didn't know what to do. And he needs to take the blame because he's calling the plays.

If they fix these issues, I'm convinced they can beat anyone. The schedule looks harder than expected, but I think the rest of the season will go well.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by costellopresley82 View Post
Browns fan here (not from Ohio) and the Chargers game was a disappointment, but it's way too early to hit the panic button. The Chargers are a really good team, and might be the best in the AFC alongside Buffalo. The Browns are top five in the AFC but they're not the best in the conference yet.

There are some issues that need to be addressed, though. Especially if the Browns are going to take a shot at winning the division (unfortunately Baltimore keeps winning, might be tough in the future).

1. Inconsistency. The only consistent parts of the team are the running game and pass rush, assuming everyone is healthy. That's about it. Maybe the kicking, as well. It looks like they finally found a kicker.

2. Joe Woods. I mean, I don't understand how those Chargers receivers were so open. Yeah, the defensive backs were banged up, but come on...

3. Finishing games. I love Stefanski and he deserved the coach of the year award, but the one knock on him is that he struggles when it comes to actually closing games out. The end of the Chargers game is a perfect example, it's almost like he didn't know what to do. And he needs to take the blame because he's calling the plays.

If they fix these issues, I'm convinced they can beat anyone. The schedule looks harder than expected, but I think the rest of the season will go well.
I believe these issues will be fixed. Stefanski knows he screwed up the play calling at the end of the game. Joe Woods is a great D coach, he'll adjust.

The Browns will be playing in January. The plan is to WIN the division at all costs. That's the most important. Seeding is going to hurt the Browns possibly, the fans deserve a home playoff game.

Old 11-03-2021, 12:59 PM

Word is the OBJ is no longer a Brown according to reports.

Pretty ****ty what his dad did trolling Baker. OBJ never lived up to his protentional. Always getting hurt every time he play just about. Baker always had his back, but OBJ's dad throws him under the bus.

He'll start somewhere else next year. Probably do well for a few games and back to his same old shenanigans.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:55 PM

41,994 posts, read 75,295,700 times
Midway through the 3rd quarter. Baker Mayfield looks like he wants to cry.

I think it's time to clean out a closet ...

Old 12-14-2021, 11:59 AM

What do you all think of the Browns potentially winning the division now? I don't know if the Steelers can recover from the Vikings loss (Big Ben is a fighter but he can only do so much), the Ravens have a ton of injuries, and the Bengals have lost their last two games (their offense is young and inexperienced, too).

All four teams in the division have brutal remaining schedules, but the Browns have the easiest game this upcoming weekend, a Raiders team with a terrible defense (in Cleveland, too). Hopefully the Browns won't have to make it a close game, it'd be nice to see a blowout win.

I will say that the defense is looking better, but the offense needs to improve if this team has a chance. The one knock on Stefanski is that he seems to struggle in terms of finishing games. There are so many Browns games over the past two seasons where they've had a big lead at halftime, only to let it gradually deteriorate over the second half. They need to work on that.

Old 12-16-2021, 10:19 AM

Saturday's game against the Raiders is going to be tough. They do have some things going to Browns way, for instance Case at QB and Chubb at RB. The Defense is fairly solid as of today with the COVID stuff.

The Raiders really have no chance at the playoffs, so they may be thinking of tanking to improve their 2022 draft position.

The Browns need to win this game, plus the last two against Pittsburgh and Cincy. If they have to lose one, it would be to Green Bay.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:58 PM

8,827 posts, read 15,335,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Saturday's game against the Raiders is going to be tough. They do have some things going to Browns way, for instance Case at QB and Chubb at RB. The Defense is fairly solid as of today with the COVID stuff.

The Raiders really have no chance at the playoffs, so they may be thinking of tanking to improve their 2022 draft position.

The Browns need to win this game, plus the last two against Pittsburgh and Cincy. If they have to lose one, it would be to Green Bay.
Case Keenum is now out. Tested positive.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:40 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,784,600 times
Bad clock management towards the end of the game against the Raiders today. Shouldn't have run all three downs after that interception, should have tried throwing at least once to fool the Raiders and get the important first down. The Browns left too much time for Carr to come back. Raiders defense obviously looked to stuff the run and they did. Browns were not playing to win, they were playing not to lose the last 3 minutes of the game.

Old 12-28-2021, 05:58 AM

Amazingly, this team still has a shot to win the division. If they can’t do that, a wild card spot looks nearly impossible…

Baker played a horrible game against the Packers, four picks is inexcusable. At the same time, they need to give him one more year to prove himself. He’s been injured this year and that has had a negative impact. Unless the Browns can attract Rodgers or Wilson (which probably won’t happen), then I’d say it’s too early to drop Baker. See what he can do next year and then evaluate. For multiple reasons (injuries, COVID, etc.), the whole team isn’t as good as they were last year. Hopefully next year will be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football