Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2022, 09:56 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,232,292 times

Advertisements

https://www.wtkr.com/news/man-charge...n-hampton-home

Someone has been arrested for the murder/arson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 04:55 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,568,506 times
I am starting t realize more and more how much of an utter failure Cleveland signing Watson may become. The linked article says a year long suspension may be coming. Some initially presumed a six game suspension. I thought maybe eight.

Quote:
“Personally, now, seeing how this has all gone. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s a year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets suspended one year, I wouldn’t be shocked by that at all…I think deep down the Browns are probably bracing for the worst.”

Charles Robinson on potential length of Deshaun Watson suspension
Quote:
A one-year ban would be the largest against an NFL player accused of sexual misconduct without ever facing criminal charges. If a neutral arbitrator rules a lengthy suspension is warranted, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell could impose a suspension that serves as a statement about player conduct.
I cannot remember where -- it may have been on ESPN, but regardless I cannot find it online right now -- but I heard speculation that he may get a Trevor Bauer-like two year suspension.

Now warming up in the bullpen for the Browns -- Jacoby Brissett.

NFL insider believes one year Deshaun Watson suspension is possible

Old 06-21-2022, 07:03 AM

9,591 posts, read 9,905,686 times
It's getting quite depressing.

If he is suspended a year, hopefully the Browns can find a way to cancel his contract. From my understanding, DW told the Browns there would be no more allegations coming. Sounds like that can use that for an out.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:49 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,898,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It's getting quite depressing.

If he is suspended a year, hopefully the Browns can find a way to cancel his contract. From my understanding, DW told the Browns there would be no more allegations coming. Sounds like that can use that for an out.
Early spring there was chatter Seattle would go for DW, thank god that was quickly put to rest. Now I wish the media would quit talking about Seattle and Mayfield.

Amazing to the level the Browns messed this up.

Old 06-21-2022, 04:47 PM

7,609 posts, read 6,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Amazing to the level the Browns messed this up.
IF the league messes up and does not do something, then it sends a message to the world that the NFL does not really care.....

I know Commishioner Vince is having similar issues, so I would not suspect anything from him on Watson's behalf....

Old 06-24-2022, 11:15 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,636,693 times
My prediction is a two year suspension. It will be reduced to one year as they will give him credit for a "year served" for missing all of last season even though he got paid. Maybe the NFL goes after his salary that year though. Otherwise he only ends up losing out on like $1M.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
My prediction is a two year suspension. It will be reduced to one year as they will give him credit for a "year served" for missing all of last season even though he got paid. Maybe the NFL goes after his salary that year though. Otherwise he only ends up losing out on like $1M.
If the suspension is that long, Watson and the NFLPA will appeal, which will then allow Watson to play and keep it in the news cycle longer.

NFL will most likely offer something much more reasonable. Maybe half season after all said and done?

Old 06-30-2022, 06:09 AM

3,270 posts, read 5,651,866 times
Let's look at the last high profile accusation and suspension. in 2017 Ezekiel Elliott was suspended on a charge of assault by one person, unfounded without any witnesses and against the NFL's own investigator's advice after interviewing the complainant.

Elliott got 6 games.

Watson has 25 accusers. If he gets 6 games for each that would be 150 games. If we consider the 17 game season we can call that 8.2 seasons. I'm OK with rounding it down to 8 seasons.

Just want to see the commish and the League be consistent here.

Old 07-01-2022, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Let's look at the last high profile accusation and suspension. in 2017 Ezekiel Elliott was suspended on a charge of assault by one person, unfounded without any witnesses and against the NFL's own investigator's advice after interviewing the complainant.

Elliott got 6 games.

Watson has 25 accusers. If he gets 6 games for each that would be 150 games. If we consider the 17 game season we can call that 8.2 seasons. I'm OK with rounding it down to 8 seasons.

Just want to see the commish and the League be consistent here.
Consistency is not the NFL's best trait.

Old 07-03-2022, 11:22 AM

7,609 posts, read 6,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Consistency is not the NFL's best trait.
No it is not.

Some Cleveland area pundit https://dawgpounddaily.com/2022/07/0...on-suspension/ seems to think that there will be little if any suspension because Watson did not use violence or threats to coerce. And We all know FRAFT paid for his services in a Miami Strip Club (no word on if Ross was with him) and he got away Scot-free, as though Scotland is really free anymore.......

The Washington Post reports that the league DOES want to suspend him for at least a season, but it is up to the evidence gathered in the hearing by the judge to determine it..

But again, nothing is known yet.

As I mentioned, it would not bode well for Goodell's standing with female fans IF he does not do something, But Consistency is not what the NFL is about. In the end, it is about MAKING MONEY and the commish has to decide what would be best for the league in terms of ticket and merchandise sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football