Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 04:30 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,675,470 times

Advertisements

I think the biggest problem today was pressure on Rodgers. Rodgers was basically a sitting duck and we couldn't pressure him in the second half. Sure the secondary made mistakes but geez, give me a little pressure and see how good the secondary looks. Lawrence has made some noise lately so hopefully next year he will play an entire season and help out with some QB pressure. I would still like to see a DLineman in the draft as well as another CB.. we'll see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 04:31 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,100,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yep, so dallas goes home and works on their secondary, after securing contracts with bryant and murray.

you cant lay all of the problems off on romo over the years. receivers dropped easy passes, defenses laid back and stopped the pass because dallas had become one dimensional on offense, and the severe lack of a solid defense all conspired to really hurt the cowboys.

as for not drafting a QB, the team still has time to get one. romo still has a few good years left and in three years there will be a fair number of good QBs ready to come out of college. for instance anu solomon from arizona is only a freshmen, and was rather brilliant this year. lets see what he is like in three more years.
Yes that is true but he didn't HELP the situation back then by throwing picks. I love this statement by Joe Theismann

"As a NFL QB you don't have to be the reason your time wins a game but you damm sure can't be the reason your team loses a game"

Always loved that statement

Old 01-11-2015, 04:35 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think the biggest problem today was pressure on Rodgers. Rodgers was basically a sitting duck and we couldn't pressure him in the second half. Sure the secondary made mistakes but geez, give me a little pressure and see how good the secondary looks. Lawrence has made some noise lately so hopefully next year he will play an entire season and help out with some QB pressure. I would still like to see a DLineman in the draft as well as another CB.. we'll see!

Im curious what is the job of a defensive coordinator? He knew Aaron Rodgers speed was limited due to a torn calf and he doesn't come up with schemes to go after him??

Old 01-11-2015, 04:39 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,647,095 times
Damned good game by Dallas. Halfway through, I thought it was over. I never thought Green Bay had it in them to come back against that team.

I can't help wondering how much that hit Romo took to his left knee affected him. Maybe it was my imagination, but from that point on, I don't think he had a good series the rest of the day. I won't be surprised if we find out tomorrow that his mobility and mechanics were more limited than we were led to believe during the game.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Im curious what is the job of a defensive coordinator? He knew Aaron Rodgers speed was limited due to a torn calf and he doesn't come up with schemes to go after him??
Well, you either get pressure with 4 or you blitz and blitzing Rodgers is always risky. I felt they did well in the first half but didn't get much pressure in the 2nd half... its a catch-22, if you don't blitz and Aaron beats you folks say why didn't you blitz and if you do blitz and Aaron beats you, well there ya go! you can't win unless you get pressure from your front 4.. Coordinator be damned..

Old 01-11-2015, 04:44 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,940,501 times
This week's result: Cowboys lose to the Packers: 26-21
Final 2014 Regular Season Record: (12-5)
2014 Playoff Record: (1-1)

Damn good season. It was unexpected that the Boys would do this well and the last game was a disappointment (to say the LEAST) but still, can't take away what we did this year.

Side note: Anyone who's sh*tting on Romo and actually blaming HIM for this loss is a moron. Plain and simple.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:52 PM

I haven't heard any Romo bashing but I am sure there are those who simply can't help themselves...

Old 01-11-2015, 04:53 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,668,757 times
Dont tell me they are blaming Romo for this one...

Old 01-11-2015, 04:54 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,300,941 times
Give Rodgers credit - BIG time grit and determination.

I believed Rodgers injury would give Dallas enough of an edge to pull it off. But Romo got hampered in the 2nd half, and that tuned him down just a bit. I was rooting for the Cowboys to win and to get the media off of Romo's back. It's been quite unfair over the years.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:57 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well, you either get pressure with 4 or you blitz and blitzing Rodgers is always risky. I felt they did well in the first half but didn't get much pressure in the 2nd half... its a catch-22, if you don't blitz and Aaron beats you folks say why didn't you blitz and if you do blitz and Aaron beats you, well there ya go! you can't win unless you get pressure from your front 4.. Coordinator be damned..
I buy into that "it's risky" because you have to atleast try and it if doesn't work atleast you know you made an attempt. And I am not talking about blizting on every down just mainly on 3rd and 6 or longer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football