Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 08:23 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times

Advertisements

DeMarco finished with 8 yards rushing in his opener as an Eagle. He wasn't even on the field most of the 4th quarter and none on the final 2 drives..

I wonder if he is questioning his decision to sign with the eagles after tonight??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 06:30 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
I wondered, too as Eagles run a totally different offense, not necessarily his strength. I think Cowboys will miss him as the season goes on.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:20 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Sometimes I think Chip Kelly is too smart for his own good. No one thought Demarco was going to have the same amount of touches this season compared to what he had last year but not even having him on the field in the 4th quarter is simply asinine, IMO! How much did they pay him to be a situation player? Makes me think Kelly wanted Murray moreso to keep him away from the Cowboys vs actually using him in his scheme..

Old 09-15-2015, 12:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I wondered, too as Eagles run a totally different offense, not necessarily his strength. I think Cowboys will miss him as the season goes on.
that depends on how randle and dunbar develop, and if mcfadden stays healthy. running back by committee can work.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:37 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
You're right, Packers pretty much operated that way before Lacy arrived! First weeks are always interesting as players settle in, get accustomed to playing together again.

Cowboys Eagles this week will be fun to watch, I picked Cowboys over Giants, but am going with the home team this time!

Old 09-15-2015, 01:47 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times
I wish I had tape of the bar I was at during that last drive. We went crazy when Witten caught that ball.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
You're right, Packers pretty much operated that way before Lacy arrived! First weeks are always interesting as players settle in, get accustomed to playing together again.

Cowboys Eagles this week will be fun to watch, I picked Cowboys over Giants, but am going with the home team this time!
the cowboys/eagles games will certainly be entertaining. if the boys defense can shut down phillys run game, the cowboys will control the game. both teams are similar offensively as they both have a lot of weapons their QBs can use. and even though the cowboys will be without dez bryant, they do have enough receivers that can step up in his absence. this might be a good time to use dunbar perhaps in the slot or as a second back coming out of the backfield, and have escobar and witten in the game at the same time. and if williams can stop dropping passes, i dont see the eagles doing much with the boys passing attack.

and that will open up the run game for randle and mcfadden.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:35 PM

2,349 posts, read 1,396,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I counted this one as a make good game. Eli has spoiled the Cowboys with late wins at the death star on more than one occasion! Its nice to steal one away from him and the Giants..
Every time I see this it makes me laugh...
Attached Thumbnails
America's Thread (Go Cowboys!!!)-image.jpg  

Old 09-15-2015, 08:29 PM

1,069 posts, read 713,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the cowboys/eagles games will certainly be entertaining. if the boys defense can shut down phillys run game, the cowboys will control the game. both teams are similar offensively as they both have a lot of weapons their QBs can use. and even though the cowboys will be without dez bryant, they do have enough receivers that can step up in his absence. this might be a good time to use dunbar perhaps in the slot or as a second back coming out of the backfield, and have escobar and witten in the game at the same time. and if williams can stop dropping passes, i dont see the eagles doing much with the boys passing attack.

and that will open up the run game for randle and mcfadden.
What weapons does Philly have at WR?

Old 09-15-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
What weapons does Philly have at WR?
start with j maehl and j mathews and cooper. add in sproles who like to get out in the flat and catch passes, along with their tight ends celek and ertz. granted they are a young crowd, but capable, and they will give the dallas secondary trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football