Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 11:23 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
this is true, but teams dont win the super bowl without being multi dimensional as well, and that has been the cowboys problem, along with a poor defense, for a number of seasons now. last season the defense showed up, as did the running game.

So since the Cowboys will still have a good defense, a strong offensive line, and Romo at QB, I see no reason why they should not be 12-4 at the end of the regular season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 01:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
So since the Cowboys will still have a good defense, a strong offensive line, and Romo at QB, I see no reason why they should not be 12-4 at the end of the regular season.
i agree, but part of that is going to be a decent running game. remember it only has to be good enough to keep opposing defenses honest, and with the running back corps the cowboys have right now, they have that decent running game. it would be nice of the boys draft a running back to firm up the running game for seasons to come though.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:30 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
It was the offensive line, more than the actual RB. Not to take anything away from Murray, he was fun to watch. And I hate the Cowboys. But I loved watching Murray.

Romo, on the other hand, is no Roger Staubach. He is 35, banged up, and not the workhouse he thinks he is or wants to be. His heart is in the game, but I would not be surprised if he goes down hard with an injury, and I do not wish injury on anyway, but sadly, it is a risk of the game. He has the desire, but may not have the back.

Manziel would be a good fit for the Cowboy style, He is mobile and with the offensive line to protect him, he can open up his option potential. Plus, he would bring in the media circus upon which Jones seems to thrive.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:15 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
It was the offensive line, more than the actual RB. Not to take anything away from Murray, he was fun to watch. And I hate the Cowboys. But I loved watching Murray.

Romo, on the other hand, is no Roger Staubach. He is 35, banged up, and not the workhouse he thinks he is or wants to be. His heart is in the game, but I would not be surprised if he goes down hard with an injury, and I do not wish injury on anyway, but sadly, it is a risk of the game. He has the desire, but may not have the back.

Manziel would be a good fit for the Cowboy style, He is mobile and with the offensive line to protect him, he can open up his option potential. Plus, he would bring in the media circus upon which Jones seems to thrive.
I am very surprised we have not drafted a QB yet knowing that Romo is 35 and only has about three years left. Is Jerry Jones waiting for Romo to turn 39 which by the will be too late because the rookie will have the team losing for 3 years?

Old 04-26-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I am very surprised we have not drafted a QB yet knowing that Romo is 35 and only has about three years left. Is Jerry Jones waiting for Romo to turn 39 which by the will be too late because the rookie will have the team losing for 3 years?
well actually dallas is looking at a few prospects in this coming draft;

brett hundley
sean mannion
garrett graayson
bryce petty

we shall see if they draft a QB this time out, after they do still have brandon weedon

Old 04-27-2015, 06:24 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,851 times
Quote:
well actually dallas is looking at a few prospects in this coming draft;

brett hundley
sean mannion
garrett graayson
bryce petty

we shall see if they draft a QB this time out, after they do still have brandon weedon
God help us if we get stuck with any of those QBs you listed...

Old 04-27-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
God help us if we get stuck with any of those QBs you listed...
what is wrong with hundley or petty?

Old 04-28-2015, 06:54 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
what is wrong with hundley or petty?
agreed, i wouldn't mind either myself.. I would rate Hundley a tad higher than Petty but I would be happy with either!

Old 04-28-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
agreed, i wouldn't mind either myself.. I would rate Hundley a tad higher than Petty but I would be happy with either!
both would make excellent additions to the cowboys roster. give either one of them a season or two to get acclimated, and i think either would shine in the cowboys offense, and both would do much better than weedon has done.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:59 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
It's coming...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football